Function Point Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Function Point

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Function Point (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

Met over video with CEO, Executive Leadership Team, and CX leads. It was clear that Function Point takes care to get to know their candidates as people, and that fit is very important. Questions were thought-provoking and relevant. It was easy to talk to everyone, no egos or putting up fronts here! Communication about next steps was clear and happened as they said it would. I was not the successful candidate, however I was treated with respect and honesty and I would not hesitate to apply for another position if one becomes available. Function Point has a great Executive Leadership Team that has the best interests of their employees and customers at heart.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your 30-60-90 day plan (if you were to start).
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Function Point (Vancouver, BC) in May 2021

Interview

The whole interview process from start to finish was pleasant. From CEO to department heads, everyone was great to talk to and quick to respond if I had any questions about the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Advertising

3,002

251 Comments

Join the conversation on

Function Point

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Function Point in May 2021

Interview

I had five interview sessions, with the CEO, Director levels as well as with employees that may be reporting to this role. Some of the sessions had two people interviewing me together. They were very prepared with their questions, with some interviewers tougher than others, lots of "give me an example of when...". Each person offered to provide more information if I had questions after the interview, and I did ask a few questions afterwards and the team was very responsive with the information. The final interview was three people interviewing me with some role playing scenarios, which I thought fun and unique (it does put you on the spot to be able to handle any situation). Overall a fairly tough but very positive interview experience at Function Point. Next steps were always very clear and they followed up in a timely manner, which is appreciated. Everyone was very friendly and it was apparent that the culture here is open and supportive - 'people obsessed' which is part of their core values.

Interview Questions
  • Provide an example of how you managed an employee's poor performance.

Function Point

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Function Point

Interview

Had interviews with Chris, Jane and Ian. Very friendly. I got a good understanding of the role. Very culture focused. There is a strong bond between employees there. Some would say like family :)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Function Point

Application

I interviewed at Function Point

Interview

1. Call 2. Onsite The interviewer process was enjoyable, and people seem to be very welcoming. I wished that they tested more on your problem solving skills rather than domain knowledge. Nevertheless, it was a fair interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Function Point (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2020

Interview

Four total conversations including a phone screening, taking place over about 5 weeks. That said if it hadn't been over Christmas break, it likely would have been more around 3 weeks. The development and leadership teams were well organised and transparent on any questions I posed, everything was very smooth and cordial. Negative reviews from years past that I've read here on Glassdoor are not reflective of the current state of the company insofar as my experience is concerned. I'm excited to be joining a company that looks poised to grow and succeed in the next few years.

Interview Questions
  • What would your previous employer say is your greatest weakness?
1 person found this interview helpful

Function Point

Application

I interviewed at Function Point in Aug 2019

Interview

1st phone call, then a meeting with the recruiter. After 1 month I received a mail that stated that I passed to the final process, having a technical and HR interview in the same day. The meeting lasted around 2 hours. After 3 days I received a email confirming that they didnt move forward with the application.

Interview Questions
  • Data structures, javascript, data modeling. Then implementing a solution in a web console. Some questions were very specific.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

Interview

1 Phone interview, 1 Skype interview/presentation 1 in Person interview. Really pleasant welcoming interviewer(s) I don't think I was qualified enough for the position but was nice if not disappointing to get to the 3rd round of interview. Sounded like an excellent role

Interview Questions
  • Lots of situational questions, hard to explain as I interviewed a few months ago. But lots of character trait questions, Eg. Is it better to ask for permission or forgiveness

Function Point

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Function Point

Interview

More than half of the time was challenged by their devops, did not know what they want to know. They seems does not have senior developers now. Technically this company is very weak. Their HR should try hard to find more talents.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of devop questions, and system architecture, come after giving some reviews for a short PHP script.

Function Point

Application

I interviewed at Function Point

Interview

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Kind of creepy that they literally tell me during the interview they dig up all social media from the person that they interview though (facebook, twitter, personal things ETC). Another word of advice is that they tell everyone it will take about two months minimum to hire someone which I personally find very strange since the position they are hiring is not management. Totally not worth it unless you pretty much have your life on pause and have the luxury to wait for a few months to find a job.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioural BS with some really nice touch on lifestyle questions.
1 person found this interview helpful