Software development engineer intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Software development engineer intern Interview Questions

software development engineer intern interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have two operations: add by one and multiply by 2. Find the minimum number of operations to get from 0 to any particular integer.

2 Answers

int countOperations = 1; int currentNum = 1; while (currentNum != num){ if (currentNum * 2 > num) { currentNum++; } else currentNum*=2; countOperations++; System.out.println(currentNum); }

//the idea is to do this in reverse... as it will ensure we find the minimum number of operations //we want to leverage multiple as much as possible for large numbers. //However, we need to be able to multiply by 2 just right. //Therefore, doing that in reverse can lead to better results //for example: 9 -> 8+1 -> 1*2*2*2 + 1 -> 5 operations //for example: 10 -> 5*2 -> (1*2*2+1)*2 -> 5 operations //for example : 12 -> 6*2 -> 3*2*2 -> (1+1+1)*2*2 -> 5 operations var currentNumber = target; var operations = 1; while(currentNumber != 1) { if (currentNumber % 2 == 0) { currentNumber /= 2; } else { currentNumber -= 1; } operations += 1; } console.log(operations);

Add two linked lists Input: First List: 5->6->3 // represents number 563 Second List: 8->4->2 // represents number 842 Output Resultant list: 1->4->0->5 // represents number 1405

2 Answers

OOD difference between virtual function and abstract function

1 Answer

I was asked to implement a cache for storing visited webpages, including some sort of deletion algorithm if the maximum sized was achieved.

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

Why do you want to work at Intuit?

Name 5 datastructures.

1 Answer

Questions about bsts and running operations on them.

Reasoning questions

1 Answer

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

A few OOP questions, how would you implement a cache?