ecobee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 110 of over 110 interviews

Recruiter11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

ecobee

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ecobee

Interview

First, phone screening with HR. Next, an on-site pair programming exercise with 2 senior engineers. I was asked to bring in a project I've worked on and is familiar with. We added a new feature. After the pair programming, I met with 2 manager level folks.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your career goals?
    Answer Question

ecobee

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at ecobee in May 2022

Interview

I had completed a prescreening call and on the spot was invited to a second interview and requested to complete a case study since other candidates were already ahead of me. I had taken my entire weekend just to prepare for this case study which was a presentation. I had worked several, several hours on this. My presentation was extremely comprehensive. Once I had presented my case study, I was told that I would be contacted by the end of the same week, if not early next week with their final decision. I never heard back and was completely ghosted. I would expect a company like ecobee to be respectful of their candidates and the time they give to a company. A simple follow up mentioning I had not been hired would’ve been appreciated. However, to have a candidate move to a final round, present and simply not follow up and ghost is entirely disrespectful and raises red flags.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ecobee

Application

I interviewed at ecobee

Interview

It was fairly easy to navigate their process, and HR was quite proactive about scheduling, next rounds and steps, etc. Overall a positive experience, and despite not qualifying will consider participating again if the opportunity arises.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ecobee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ecobee

Interview

SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL I applied for the above position and after reviewing application they invited me for the phone interview. On the day of phone interview, I received the call from the same person who wrote emails earlier. The very first thing he tells me is, "Hi there, Sorry to tell you that there has been some changes to the Job's Requirements and we'll have to reschedule the call till next time". And I asked him, "What kind of changes, can you please tell me more", and he said he'll write email in detail and that he will have to end call now. Now after two days of waiting, I never received any email. So I wrote email for the follow up and this as well never received any response. And after probably couple of months, I received email that sorry about all that but there were some change and because of that they couldn't move my application further. SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL, IF YOU CAN FIND A COMPANY WHO CARES ABOUT PEOPLE AND ARE SOME WHAT PROFESSIONAL!!

ecobee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ecobee

Interview

Phone Interview. Went through the phone interview and the interviewer said that I would hear back regardless of whether I made it to the next round and I didn't hear anything back. I even followed up twice and didn't receive a response. A simple "No, didn't make it" would have sufficed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ecobee

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at ecobee

Interview

It was a simple interview with a focus on my resume and experiences in coding/previous work. The interview went really well but the position required more experience than I had at the time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ecobee (Burlington, ON)

Interview

First was a call with HR, followed by a technical interview with pair programming using two computers where I brought in an app/project I had made myself. We added testing to the app as that was similar to what the role would be like.

Interview Questions
  • Familiarity with GraphQL and Jest
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ecobee (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

The HR Interviewer asked about a technical skill that I didn't know was important to the role, but also wasn't mentioned on my resume. During the rest of the interview, the interviewer was noticeably disinterested in learning about me or my other relevant skills.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ecobee (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Extensive interview process. There was a phone interview, then an in-person interview. I was a success at both and was reassured I reached the 3rd step: conceptualizing a campaign and presenting it to stakeholders. I thought that was pretty intense but decided to move forward because I really wanted the job. HR informed me that they would send me the brief within the next couple of days, with around one week to complete the project. Anyway, I never received a brief. After emailing HR they told me to wait a few more days, it was coming. Still nothing. Finally they told me they weren't planning on hiring anyone anymore because of budget issues. It just felt like a very drawn out and complicated interview process. I'm glad they told me this before I'd end up working on a 'fake' campaign for a job I MIGHT get.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard questions, nothing too unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ecobee (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2021

Interview

I was contacted by email to provide them with availability for a phone interview and summited that through a website they provided. A follow up email confirmed a date and time for a phone interview with an HR person. I was asked basic questions regarding my experience and reviewed what they were looking for and about the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your work history? What made you want to work for Ecobee? Tell me what changed or you learned about working during Covid? Provide an example of how you handled pressure? Are you willing to relocate to Toronto?
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 110 Interviews

ecobee Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at ecobee as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Product Manager and Web Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Technical Support Specialist and Technical Support Representative roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at ecobee takes an average of 23 days when considering 130 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Technical Support Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Product Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 27 days).

Common stages of the interview process at ecobee according to 130 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 27.38%