Yelp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Yelp

2,578 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

3 interviews via Skype. First with technical RH director. Two with iOS engineers.
    I sent my resume via an employee met via LimkedIn. Two days later I received a reply to plan a first interview. I succeed, and I received an email to plan two technical interviews via Skype. They were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why yelp ? What is ARC (iOS) ? Write a function to compare two strings and return true if anagrams.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone screen followed with a meeting with the director where I presented different ideas I could bring to campus if I were given the job, then another follow up phone call

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

First step is a timed technical challenge through Hackerrank. You only have 30 minutes to complete the challenge, after which the assignment is automatically locked and your answer is submitted.

Second step is a live coding challenge with a developer through Hackerrank. They present you with an algorithmic problem and you are tasked with solving the problem. They provide some guidance as you go through the problem.

Following that you may be invited to a longer 'onsite' interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical whiteboard algorithm question that involves searching and sorting.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Had an initial screening and was sent an excel exercise where I had to analyze data and make a deck to show my findings and recommendations. I was given a week to finish it, but it shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours. If they like the deck, they invite you to final rounds where I present my findings to the team and answer questions. After, I have 30 minute interviews with 5-6 leads on different teams (i.e., FP&A, consumer, biz, etc.)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

They brought me into the office for an interview, showed me around, told me the general process for cold calls and we ran through scenarios. They showed me the guides and other materials they provide to sales associates to help them on their calls and the various products Yelp offers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Interview process was seamless, the interviewers were kind and understanding. There were two of them. There was role play and you are simply asked to take some feedback and apply to it. Be human during the role-play, not wolf of wallstreet lol.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Was contacted 24 hours after submitting my application online. Spoke to a recruiter, and she invited me onsite to speak to a sales manager. Overall good experience, but after I role played the sales manager gave me some nice feedback and from my experience interviewing with other companies this doesn't result in an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   Answer Question
    • Say you randomly bump into me on a subway. How would you go about selling Yelp?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by 1 hr video interview with 2 hiring managers. Speaking with management is exactly what made me not want to work for this company. They both were extremely disheveled. I understand that everyone is working from home these days, but both managers put in zero effort to even look semi professional or represent their company well. The first manager I spoke to actively talked about how they were looking for other jobs, and the other was extremely unpersonable. I do not expect interviewers to be overly kind, but this manager was almost acting intentionally rude/offputting. Was genuinely interested in Yelp, but now it's a hard no. Yelp should seriously reconsider who they allow to represent their company to prospective candidates because it was solely based of these interactions that I am no longer interested in this role.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very in depth interview process, with more than one process. Was able to do it out of state to help with the move to a different state. They were able to do everything virtual and over the phone so I had the ability to do it on my time frame

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in December 2020.

Interview

Interview had a few steps. Starting with an email from a recruiter to complete an assessment, upon passing the assessment I got another email to arrange a time for a phone interview. Did the phone interview & was then moved on to video interview

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection in sales?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.