Yell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Yell Interview Questions

Updated 14 Dec, 2017

3.4

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

I have been impressed by the whole interview process. I have been supported by a Salli Hunt in a very professional and supportive manner. She has made the whole experience a very good one for me. From being able to contact her directly about any issues I had and gave me courtesy calls to check I was ok and ready to start my new career with yell. I would rate her service a 5 star and is another reason why I feel yell is the right company for me to work for.

Interview Questions

• What have been my sales stats from my last job?   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (London, England (UK)) in October-2017.

Interview

The first interview was by telephone. I had not applied for this role they had found my Cv on the Cv library website. This was followed by an aptitude test and a subsequent interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were neither difficult nor unexpected. Part of my preparation is anticipating the questions i am likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Junior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yell (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was structured in three stages: a long phone interview, in which you were required to take two online tests that determine your personality, a practical exercise, which included shadowing a person working at Yell, and a 121 interview assessing previous performance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell.

Interview

There was an application stage, telephone interview, online testing, and a face to face interview. Marc at Yell was amazing at every stage of the process, really informative and helpful in his advice.

Digital Field Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Manchester, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

Sent a video link showing role involving split between existing Cust and new business, yet role actually mainly new business. No account management or follow on by consultant, limits chance to grow share of wallet following initial first sale! No mention of digital sales experience on advert but preferred would be ideal to mention as a desired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the products you sell in current role, when if read CV current role not just about product but associated services   Answer Question

Digital Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yell (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in September-2017.

Interview

The interview process started as a Telephone interview that lasted around 40 mins. Once getting past that there were two online tests that were nice and straightforward. The face to face interview was with my Sales Manager and Regional Manager and lasted around 2 hours. The whole experience was much better than I have ever received and it was all very professional. In between Interviews the recruitment team at Yell were exceptional in providing all the details I required and instantly answered any questions I asked.

Interview Questions

• How would you initially go about getting to know your potential areas clients should you be offered the position?   Answer Question

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston (Jamaica)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Kingston (Jamaica)) in September-2017.

Interview

It was a face to face interview with the manager and the HR person was on the phone. The environment was absolutely warm and welcoming . Everyone was so nice and seemed like they were happy to be at work.

Interview Questions

• One question was asked alluded to my spiritual preferences and they ensured to tell me they were Christians.   1 Answer

Digitl Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yell (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in August-2017.

Interview

The process was very quick from application to offer.
    I dealt with the people fro the recruitment team and they were both super friendly, positive and professional.
    I had a telephone interview followed by online psychometric tests. I then had information to prepare a presentation for my face to face interview with the Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager.
    My interview included a role play and I was given feedback there and then and provided with the opportunity to do part of the role play again using the feedback that I had been given.
    I was kept very well informed throughout the process and was never in the dark or kept waiting.
    Overall the process was slick and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Yell?   1 Answer

Digital Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yell (Cardiff (Australia)) in August-2017.

Interview

Had phone interview, followed by meeting with my direct manager, then a full interview which included a role play and full presentation based on a fictional client that was provided to us prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my strongest attribute was.   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

I was invited to attend a telephone interview. On the first occasion nobody called me at the agreed time. I emailed them in case they had tried the wrong number but they explained something had come up. We rearranged the interview for the following day. This time the same thing happened again. Not the kind of experience you would expect from a well respected company.