Western Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Medicine Hat, AB).

Interview

I applied on line. Received a phone call to come in and do an interview in person. Then I was asked to do a quiz on line for HR. Very shortly there after I was hired and just as quickly started new position.

Interview Questions

• What I thought I could bring to the position.   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Financial Group in January-2010.

Interview

not very complicated, I'm really not sure what else to write here, the interview was very basic. Upon being hired, it was paperwork to complete, and set up a personnel file

Interview Questions

• there really were no difficult questions, just basic common sense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nipawin, SK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Nipawin, SK) in April-2010.

Interview

The Hiring Process is conducted by the Branch Manager. There is a series of questions that will be asked that will last for about one hour. They will probe into past experience, goals, and aspiritions with your career. They will also ask you to complete an online profile which will indicate your strengths and weaknesses as a candidate, and identify your suitability level for the job.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question I was asked is what my business plan looks like as i pursue sales and how I strategize for success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were available, but Western was reluctant to improve any terms.

Anonymous Employee in Lethbridge, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Lethbridge, AB) in January-2015.

Interview

Standard Interview Process - there was a sitting down with the manager who reviewed my resume and asked me some questions regarding background, experience etc.
    After the interview, there was a follow up phone call and offer of employment.
    I met once more and provided a background check.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Was promised a phone interview to get a email stating they wouldn't be continuing through the interview process. I was very let down as I heard many good things about this company.

Anonymous Employee in High River, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (High River, AB) in August-2016.

Interview

Applied online. Met with a director in my city. Said they'd get back to me, met again with a few more managers talked to them in a group interview. Got the job a few days after.

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edson, AB

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Edson, AB) in April-2015.

Interview

After a credit and criminal records check I had a telephone and in person interview. I felt good speaking with the manager but afterwards I found she was very vague in some of her statements on purpose.

Interview Questions

• How many clients can you help a day? Are you licensed? When can you start? How have you dealt with difficult clients in the past? How would you respond d if you didn't know the answer to a question a client asks? Describe a time when you had a conflict with a fellow employee ( apparently the staff at this office are hard to work with, but I wasn't told that in the interview)?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group in November-2008.

Interview

intereviewed with recruiter & business manager

not enough money

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group in August-2014.

Interview

I went thru a 6 step interview process. An initial phone screen, interview with HR, meet and greet with CEO and CPO, followed by a second interview with the CEO and finally an informal meeting with 3 "C" level executives. Although there were many stages to the process, it moved very quickly. HR was very communicative of next steps so I was never left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience a question I found difficult or unexpected per say.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiting specialist. Basic verification questions and questions related to relevant experience. Perhaps 20-30 minutes. Followed up with an online behavioral assessment (Omnia) prior to in person interview.
    In person interview with one senior leader and recruitment specialist. Standard behavioral interview with focus on prior experience and examples. Offer presented within the week.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for drill down questions on your examples. They will be referring to the behavioral interview results and will probe potential weak areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Package was comprehensive. Minimal room to negotiate.

Entry Level Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Everything seemed normal from an interview perspective but I got the feeling that there was an inherent negative bias to me. Not sure why? They seem to go though the motions, nothing else. The manager seems to have many biases.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking about experience even though this was advertised as an entry level position. The hit ngcmanager seemed really biased against me. It was as though they felt they were going thru the vti ones though they. Didn't want to.   1 Answer