Western Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 17 Apr, 2018

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medicine Hat, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Medicine Hat, AB).

Interview

I applied on line. Received a phone call to come in and do an interview in person. Then I was asked to do a quiz on line for HR. Very shortly there after I was hired and just as quickly started new position.

Interview Questions

• What I thought I could bring to the position.   1 Answer

Group Benefits Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Winnipeg, MB).

Interview

2 interviews. one with manager and then one with manager and senior manager. The interview mostly asked about fear of rejection and experience in sales and cold calling. Nothing was overly complicated

Interview Questions

• Have you ever cold called a company and how would you react to rejection.   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kimberley, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Kimberley, BC) in April-2018.

Interview

Phone interview, about 30-40 minutes long. Very polite and easy conversation. Great questions asked. Was not offered a further interview as someone more skilled than myself was offered the job. Overall a very good experience though.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience at your current job contribute to the skills you will need at western financial group.   1 Answer

Insurance Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

they are acting well, but very slow processing and no result if you are not selected. The people there not looks like friendly. the working environment looks very dark.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Financial Group.

Interview

Very strange interview and hiring process. It took forever for them to make a decision and get back to me. However, the people that were in charge were very nice, but I hope they are more clear in their expectations of people. In conclusion, I believe they just need to fine tune their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are some of selling strategies with selling financial products.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Took almost 3 months from time of application to hire date. Telephone interview, then panel interview, then online questionnaire for integrity, then verbal offer pending approval of in depth background check, then offer with lengthy contract, then entering salary negotiations, agreement and signing of contract, then submission of criminal record check.....for an entry level position.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in High River, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (High River, AB) in August-2016.

Interview

Applied online. Met with a director in my city. Said they'd get back to me, met again with a few more managers talked to them in a group interview. Got the job a few days after.

Commercial Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Winnipeg, MB) in January-2016.

Interview

Horrible overall experience. They called for a phone interview which went well. then sent an Omnia survey to complete which also went well. Then heard nothing back from them for afterwards. I didn't even receive a formal interview, even though I had a referral and was recommended for an interview by the HR rep. I contacted them for a follow up twice after the phone interview and was advised that the position was cancelled.

Interview Questions

• main questions were: what do you do at your current job, what skills would you bring in a position here, etc   Answer Question

Damage Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laval, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Financial Group (Laval, QC) in January-2016.

Interview

Its was kind of complicated because we had 2 phone interview and 2 face to face interview and a test of personality on the computer, i had to do one of them in english and its not my main language, but overall it was a positive expérience

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Was promised a phone interview to get a email stating they wouldn't be continuing through the interview process. I was very let down as I heard many good things about this company.