- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Diego, CA, United States Area
- - San Diego, CA
- Canada - All Cities
- - Alberta
- - Calgary, AB Area
- - Calgary, AB
- - High River, AB
- - Turner Valley, AB
- - Strathmore, AB
- - Okotoks, AB
- - Edmonton, AB Area
- - Edmonton, AB
- - Vegreville, AB
- - Manitoba
- - Winnipeg, MB Area
- - Winnipeg, MB
- - Winnipeg Beach, MB
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC Area
- - Langley, BC
- - Vancouver, BC
- - Port Coquitlam, BC
- - Victoria, BC Area
- - Victoria, BC
- - Kamloops, BC Area
- - Kelowna, BC
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC Area
- - Laval, QC
- - Saskatchewan
- - Regina, SK Area
- - Regina, SK
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Richmond Hill, ON
Found 235 of over 239 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Ratings by Race Ethnicity
This rating reflects the overall rating of Western Financial Group and is not affected by filters.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct. 12, 2022 - Insurance Advisor in Creston, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Treats employees like family and shows a lot of patience
Lots to study for in the beginning.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 2, 2022 - Commercial Sales Representative in Winnipeg, MBRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good money if you can sell
Bad money if you can't sell
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov. 7, 2022 - Insurance AdvisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits, vacations, personal days, opportunity for bonuses
Too many middle managers who wouldn’t qualify for an entry level position let alone management.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct. 26, 2022 - Customer Service RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Stable income and benifits available
Management , boring , not paid well enough for job
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct. 9, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Edmonton, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great company, especially for someone new to insurance. Very supportive team and many opportunities to grow.
There tends to be high turnover.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct. 30, 2022 - Insurance AdvisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Team was great but that's about it. Benefits package sounded nice.
No structure, no guidance. They'll tell you there's alot of support and resources, there isn't. Anything asked was responded with "idk meh lol" or along the lines of having to find out for yourself, and that's if there is a response. They'll force you to take the exam in a month, there's tons of reading. Realized later there was also no diversity in the department. Management absolutely sucks. This was the most disorganized and lacking employer I've ever come across.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 15, 2022 - Commercial Insurance Representative in Winnipeg, MBRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great workplace, good comp structure if you hit your targets Management is full of great leaders
Base salary is low, forced to sink or swim
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep. 11, 2022 - Report Analyst in Winnipeg, MBRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good first or entry level job to start your career!
Can not think of any
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 21, 2022 - Sales and Business Development RepresentativeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good training offered, friendly staff.
The parent company (Wawanesa) has no regard for existing employee/employer contracts! They are a bully! They will wait until you are nearly licensed, then force you to sign a new contract with worse terms, ransoming your insurance license and ability to make money, unless you sign the new contract!Continue reading
Good afternoon, Western takes pride in its relationship with its parent company, Wawanesa, and is afforded the ability to manage employee relationships independently with no restrictions. Western cares and supports its employees in organizational and Carrier interactions and, where an employee feels they’ve been treated unfairly, encourages them to bring it to their leader’s or Human Resource’s attention to ensure the situation is reviewed and managed accordingly. We expect our Guiding Principles of Truthfulness, Fairness, Value, and Loyalty to be the basis in everything we do, and strive to ensure that our employee’s experience is maintained within these principles. We hope to hear from you soon and encourage you to reach out to your leader. Alternatively, you can contact Human Resources directly at HR.General@westernfg.ca, to discuss in greater detail. Thanks, Western Financial Group.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep. 17, 2022 - Insurance Broker in Red Deer, ABRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- I had a great time with the team I worked with.
- since no book of business, you deal with all clients coming in and calling in. - team no longer there.
Western Financial Group Reviews FAQs
Western Financial Group has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 239 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Western Financial Group to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.
47% of Western Financial Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Western Financial Group 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.