Western Financial Group Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2020

3.6
Western Financial Group President and CEO Kenny Nicholls
Kenny Nicholls
Pros
  • "We have really good benefits, 3 weeks of vacation days/year to start along with flex days and sick days(in 9 reviews)

• "People are great, good work-life balance, nice to be a part of a company that is growing(in 7 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

I've worked for this company for just over 3 years. There is a strong belief in investing in their employees successes and promoting from within. The culture within the company is great and feels like you are part of a family and not a large corporation. If you are looking for a rewarding, yet challenging career this is the place for you.

Cons

Company is working to keep up with technology and due to its size and geographical locations, it takes longer to adapt than a smaller company.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Hanna, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

Company paid Benefits! 3 Weeks holidays to start! Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. On the job training provided. This company truly cares about their employees and their success!

Cons

I really cannot think of anything. This company does a great job of making sure the employees are happy and satisfied!

3. "Strong opportunities for career advancement"

4.0
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong opportunities for career advancement, especially for women. 70% of Western's leaders are compromised of women, with a strong showing at the executive level. I'm proud to work for this company that empowers hard working, smart employees to advance their careers. There is opportunity for everyone. Benefits are fantastic. Western provides vast opportunities for learning. Expansion to a Canadian brokerage opens doors for even more opportunities including work from home positions.

Cons

Working in insurance is stressful, so be mindful that this job is fast-paced and ever changing. You have to have a willingness to be constantly learning and consistently able to have tough conversations with clients.

4. COVID-19

"The place to be!"

Current Employee - Insurance Broker in Regina, SK

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

During COVID 19 WFG has truly demonstrated customer excellence, team togetherness, digital channel servicing, positive internal communication and the importance of employee engagement.

Cons

None at this present time

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cons

Lower pay scale than other companies

6. "Excellent Company with a Great Future"

Current Employee - Head Office Position in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company values employees and recognizes positive contributions. Really enjoy working here.

Cons

Learning how to work from home better.

Continue reading
  7. "Wonderful people from branches to HO"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in High River, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and culture are truly what makes this company special. From a very caring top to wonderful joyous people serving clients. At work, I look forward to speaking with many different people across the organization and working with our great little team. Western makes work life easier by supporting the creativity of ideas on our team and it's great to have the support from leadership to shape and watch your idea grow.

Cons

Drive to High River but I work from home a few days a week and during storms.

"AMAZING COMPANY - Even in hard times"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Beaverlodge, AB

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture in the office is second to none. I have never felt more comfortable in a new job before. I have had incredible support in my journey to becoming a licensed insurance agent - they are very encouraging and want to see me succeed! I have never worked for a company who stands behind their employees as much as Western Financial Group does. They are VERY focused on their employees and being at the top of the Insurance game!

Cons

Wish I would have started sooner!!!

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Western Financial Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement opportunities, Learning opportunities, Supportive Management

Cons

Challenging to learn the industry at times.

"Great Learning Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Commercial Broker

I worked at Western Financial Group full-time

Pros

great workflows, team atmosphere, training and program efficiency

Cons

low pay salary creates constant training and hiring of new staff that leave for more money.

Found 141 reviews