Veterans United Home Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 5 Sep, 2017

2.6

Loan Officer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO (US)) in August-2017.

Interview

Applied online multiple times for multiple positions always choosing to self Identify. Finally decided to try without disclosing age, sex, ethnicity etc. With that being the only difference I was finally put through the process.

Skills test, personality test, IQ test, etc...Weeks later came the phone interview, then the face to face interview which went well. Can't hide your age face to face though. met every qualification and more. No dice, highly suspect of age discrimination. See unusually few individuals on the front lines who are "mature".

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had trouble meeting sales goals.   1 Answer

Veterans United Home Loans Response

6 Sep, 2017 – HR Representative

We appreciate your input. We work to provide an inclusive environment to our employees and apply the same experience to our applicants as well. As a company we value varying levels of professional... More

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbus, MO (US)).

Interview

I applied online, was prompted to take an IQ, computer skills and personality test a little while later. They then scheduled a phone interview. After that I got emails asking for 5 references. I found it strange and rude that they demanded references before I had even had an interview. The interviewer was late on the phone interview, but, hey life happens, right? Seemed like the questions were scripted. The whole process seems disorganized and impersonal...

Interview Questions

• Are you licesned, currently working, why did you leave last job...   Answer Question

Veterans United Home Loans Response

26 Apr, 2017 – HR Representative

We are sorry you had a negative experience and wish you the best in your future job search.

Account Manager (Loan Processor) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in March-2017.

Interview

was given a bunch of self-assessments to fill out right away; had a phone interview approx. 1 week later; Skype interview (because I'm currently out of state) a couple weeks after that. Unfortunately didn't get a job offer because they had a lot of referral applicants

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work at VU?
      - Tell me a little about yourself.
      - Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Loan Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans.

Interview

They were very thorough. The first part of the process was a series of online skills/personality/IQ tests. Then came a phone interview then an in person interview. The worse part was figuring out where to park. I was offered the position the same day of the interview, after my references reported.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best and worst boss you have ever had and why.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

I applied online through the VU website. I was quickly sent a verification email stating they had received my application and what to expect if they felt I was a good match. Within 24 hours of that email, I received another email with a link for me to take an aptitude test. The test takes approximately 30 minutes and is broken up into sections including personality, aptitude and technology. If you do well enough on that test your information is then reviewed by someone in recruiting. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from a recruiter scheduling a phone interview. At this point, they also wanted me to send them 5 references (including 2 managers) and fill out a job application. The phone interview questions were very standard. Was scheduled for 30 minutes and took about 25. Recruiter was very friendly and told me it would take about a week to know if I moved forward to onsite interview. I do feel that asking for references before any sort of interview is overkill. That step should be saved for the onsite interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got email to set up phone interview. Then they sent over a couple of quizzes to complete before the interview. IQ type of test and a typing test. Phone interview was supposed to be 30 mins, but lasted about 15. Got an email the next day to set up an in-person interview. Interview was scheduled to take an hour, but I was out in 20. Received a phone call the next day with an offer. Pretty basic questions, asked about my resume and how I manage time and using multiple databases and the same time. The whole process took 2 weeks, only because they were interviewing so many people that I had to schedule both interviews a week out. But they were very prompt at making decisions and getting back to me!

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be on time & good or late & perfect?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you purposefully made yourself uncomfortable & did you learn anything from it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in January-2017.

Interview

Laid back but up front about what the job entailed. More laid back than I'm used to, but it shows you what the company is like. Walking in and seeing your name on the board is a really sweet idea.

Home Loan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

After some tests, i was given a phone interview, after which an in-person interview. The interview was easy going, they seemed like really good people. I was not offered a position, but they were very professional through out the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember a specific question, they were your basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Technology Asset Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans (Columbia, MO (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

Application process is fairly simply. I received response within a week. My interview was enjoyable and staff is friendly. I felt a bit overqualified for a new entry level position, but I was indeed excited to hear back from the results of my phone screening interview for a follow up interview. I sent an email graciously thanking them to have received an opportunity to interview. That day never happened and received the ordinary response by email that the position was filled. Seemed very cold and not representing the people I truly enjoyed speaking with.

I was quite disappointed and requested any information that could provide me with how I might improve upon my qualifications for future reference which is quite acceptable by most corporations. Again, no response.

I also found that many of the staff are quite young so perhaps I should perceive that older people cannot be qualified by this organization. I wish there was some protection against ageism.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Veterans United Home Loans in August-2016.

Interview

The interview was great! It was very relaxed and I actually enjoyed it rather than being nervous. It took a while to get a phone interview but after the phone interview it took one week to schedule one with VU in town.