VarageSale Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

VarageSale Interview Questions

Interviews at VarageSale

2.7

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VarageSale in August 2015.

Interview

Seriously disappointed and baffled. Initially, I was very impressed and happy with the interview process. I spoke with a recruiter, and then was immediately scheduled to speak with the Head of Talent. That interview also went well, however the call ran long and was rushed at the end, and not all of the next steps were clear. I had been asked to do an "assignment" and wanted clarification, so I emailed the Head of Talent at the email address he had given me the morning after the interview (Tuesday). I had not gotten a response by Friday so I emailed again for clarification so I could begin the assignment. Still no response by mid-day Monday, so I emailed the original recruiter I had spoken to, to verify I had the correct email address. No response. I sent one final email on Thursday and asked that if things had changed and I was no longer under consideration for this role, to please let me know. Two weeks later, I have received no response/no communication whatsoever from either person, and the job is still posted as available.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow community offline, locally, as well as online?   Answer Question

Member Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VarageSale (Toronto, ON).

Interview

-phone interview
    -written assignment
    -in person interview
    -meet the CEO interview
    pretty straight forward interview process, communication was clear and concise, hiring process was productive and moved along pretty quickly, interview process was done with the hiring manager and an HR staff.

Member Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at VarageSale (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was very simple, phone interview then set up in person interview. A recruiter called me and we set up a Skype interview and then she explained the company and job. I had to do a mini test to see how I would respond to member questions. After getting the results she set up an in person interview. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about myself and why I wanted to work there. Really no direction, very conversational probably looking for culture and fit.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VarageSale (Toronto, ON) in August 2016.

Interview

I was pleasantly greeted by multiple members of the staff. Interviewers were both punctual and very welcoming. Got a tour of the office, which seems to be an excellent place to work (felt like I was at home, but in a very comfortable and good way). When it came time for the actual interview, I was interviewed by 2 people and the interview was a private area, although the room was comforting and helped displace any interview nerves.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the difference between sympathy and empathy?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VarageSale (Toronto, ON) in October 2015.

Interview

When I applied on their website, I received an email from their rep thanking me for having interest in the company, asked me for a few dates when I'm available to chat, also sent me some more info about the company to read up on before the interview - was helpful. Had the skype interview with their rep, was more like a conversation than a typical "interview" - felt like I was having coffee with a peer or colleague. The lady asked me about my previous work history, where I want to go next and then she told me about the company, how it was founded and more about the job. She gave me the opportunity to ask her some questions. Even though she didn't know the answer to one of them, she said I would be able to ask someone else. Was one of the better interviews, right from the bat I felt very comfortable, she asked me how my weekend was, what I did and seemed genuinely interested. Even though I did not get the job because they went with another candidate, it was still a good learning experience as Iam always looking to improve my interview skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest accomplishment. Why did you leave your previous job? What are your future career goals? Salary expectations.   Answer Question

Head of Growth Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at VarageSale (Toronto, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a reply to my application within a few days. I was scheduled for a skype interview with the Head of Talent. The interview was fairly good. He asked me every analytical and subjective question possible related to my experience, straight from my first job. I must say he was extremely nice and patient and interested and did his job well. Overall, it was a pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• Every question was relevant to the experience I had and little to the job posted.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.