Vancouver Coastal Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Vancouver Coastal Health Interview Questions

Interviews at Vancouver Coastal Health

2.9

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health.

Interview

I met in person, and they asked general questions about what type of volunteer position I was looking for and what my career goals were. Super simple. Need a criminal record check done and some references. Lasted about 45 minutes!

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Richmond, BC) in August 2020.

Interview

The process was quick and relatively straightforward. The whole process took approximately 2 months (from applying to start date). Everyone was kind and informative regarding my various questions. The interview process itself included a phone screening, a skills test, and then an in-person one-hour interview. VCH was quick to offer me employment (verbally), although it took two weeks to receive an official offer letter with pay rate. Given the COVID situation, I was pleasantly surprised at the timeliness of the whole process, especially considering so many places aren't even bothering to send status updates on applications.

Interview Questions

• A clinician has been away for several weeks; a father has called to complain that his daughter has not received the care he expects. How do you respond to this situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health in June 2020.

Interview

Got a call after on line application, then testing, virtual interview cause of covid-19, got 2nd interview in person, next day called me to offer me the job. It was a quick process all less than 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• They ask me about confict resolution   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Burnaby, BC) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted a month later. Screened by phone, then interviewed with panel. Polite conversation. Seemed like a great group.

Hiring manager indicated I should hear back by the end of the following week. Never heard back. With the pandemic, I would anticipate the hiring process to be stalled (or at least delayed). This is an employer's market due to all of the layoffs. Saw this posting popup in my email alerts for new jobs almost daily after the interview. Interview process described included 4-5 steps which are a bit unusual for this level & salary.

Questions focused on skills and emphasized my ability to work evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

• Types of projects
      Vendor management
      Managing contracts
      Technology
      Databases
      Teams   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

A face to face interview with the hiring manager and the PCC of the unit I was interviewing for. It was a dialogue-style conversation guided by 10 interview questions. While I talked, both interviewers took down notes on their question sheet. It was a comfortable process.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about clinical situations, assessment skills, and how you handled challenging situations.   1 Answer

Nursing Unit Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

One on one interview with the manager and it lasted for more than 40 mins. It was mostly about myself and my experiences and lot of questions on real life situation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on real life situations and about the candidate   1 Answer

Employed Student Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, within 3 weeks heard back from HR, letting me know the unit manager would schedule me in for an interview. They scheduled the interview during reading break. Interview took about 45 minutes, went very well and I found out the next day that I was hired. Overall the hiring process was clear and very quick compared to other health authorities. HR was always available if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would assess a patient (on the psychiatric ward)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time someone got angry at you. how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health.

Interview

Interviewed by three interviewers - two dietitians and a hiring manager. Questions were asked by each individual interviewer. Dietitians mostly asked the clinical questions and the manager mostly asked general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you worked with an interdisciplinary team.   Answer Question

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Vancouver, BC) in November 2019.

Interview

Was long but interesting and very engaging and enjoyable, interviewees were very pleasant. Covered all the areas of care. On different case scenarios., objection handling, time management. Client centered care.

Interview Questions

• Qualities you bring to this position.   1 Answer

Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sechelt, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vancouver Coastal Health (Sechelt, BC) in November 2019.

Interview

Fast and most of it were safety-related questions. The interview was done in fifteen minutes.
    After the interview, I was asked to wait for an email from the recruiting associate for my references.

Interview Questions

• How can you stop the spreading of the germs?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.