Turner and Townsend Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Turner and Townsend Interview Questions

Interviews at Turner and Townsend

2.9

Consultant Interview

Interview

A recruiter found me on LinkedIn. 30-minute screening, 2 months later met with the hiring manager in a coffee shop. Got an offer 2 hours later. Overall, it sounded like they needed me more then I needed them

Interview Questions

• We literally just chilled. Hiring Manager was selling me on the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Round 1: Phone interview for 30 - 45 minutes.
    Round 2: An Hour-long Panel Interview with 3 members. 15-minute presentation interview on the given topic.
    Interview results in 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you tackle the questions for which you don't have the answer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend.

Interview

I applied online but did not get a response for weeks. They reached out and set up a time for the first interview which was a phone screening and that was pretty generic and basic with questions along the lines of past experiences and competencies. After about a week I was told I got into the next round and had about two weeks to prepare for a presentation style interview, which was quite strange, but the interview itself was amazing.

Interview Questions

• If there was only one more position left why would you be the person to hire   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I learned about the GDP at my school's career fair. I wasn't too interested in the program to begin with so I'm surprised I made it that far in the process. However, I hope whoever applies later on finds my review, and the questions I list helpful. I tried to list as many as I could remember.

I assume the interviewers ask everyone the same questions so make sure to have an answer for every question you read on this page. (ex. Sell me this pen - as seen on The Wolf of Wall Street)

Phone interview was mostly behavioral questions along with why I wanted to work at T&T and I was emailed the day of that I moved on to the next round. The second round was a panel interview with 3 interviewers, one of whom I had spoken to at the career fair. I had to prepare a 3-5 minute presentation about what it means to be a consultant in the construction industry.

The interviewers didn't ask much about my presentation, but there could be a possibility. They asked about what types of projects T&T mostly focused on but not any specific ones; it's good to have some in mind though.

I got my interview result about 3 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a different opinion with your team members and how you resolved it. (round 1)   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you had a task where you had little knowledge about something. (round 1)   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you dealt with it. (round 1)   1 Answer
    • What is the impact of social media on the construction industry? (round 2)   1 Answer
    • If there was one more spot left in the program, tell us why we should give the last spot to you. (round 2)   1 Answer
    • Sell me this pen. (round 2)   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses? (round 2)   1 Answer

Project Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The process started with a Skype interview. The next round was a physical interview at their New York office. The interview questions were quite straightforward but they required a presentation to test your presentation skills during the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• Consulting is an industry which requires each company to "win work" from clients, what would be your strategy to win work from clients?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend.

Interview

Two person interview panel, video conference. Interviewers stated they were new hires, seemed disinterested from the start. Poorly prepared interview, questions with little substance, i.e. do you collaborate well with others? What kind of work environment do you like to work in.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (Denver, CO (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Received a phone interview from a representative from Turner and Townsend. I experienced some technical difficulties with Skype so I had to call them and continue. It was a great opportunity and both interviewers on the phone were professional. They also answer questions honestly.

Recruiter Interview

Interview

It was quick and enjoyable. Questions were both relevant to the position as well as my experience. I did one interview with the hiring manager, then met with the Director. Both were accurate in describing the functions of the position and the culture of the office.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to handle a high stress situation.   Answer Question

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend (London, OH (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview had 3 rounds to it.
    1) First round was a group exercise. We were set a task that aligned with development. We were set a task to discuss the risks and benefits and make a decision based on a set criteria. Aim here was to show group work skills.
    2) Second round involved a presentation. Questions followed which related to the presentation you gave.
    3) Last round was a more traditional interview with 2 directors from the company- this was more personal

Interview Questions

• What are issues facing the construction industry?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Turner and Townsend.

Interview

The interview process took a lot longer than expected. It was over a month process. I met with a number of different people which was good to get different perspectives on the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you career goals? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.