TransUnion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at TransUnion

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

1. HR screen telephonic
    2. Director telephonic technical round
    3. 4 panel rotating interview
     - Directors technical discussion
    - scrum masters round
    - Technical round with leads
    - technology discussion with Architect

Great experience throughout. HRs are great in follow ups and scheduling. This was my second interview with TU, received offer both times.
    I always liked TU interview process and it’s more of interaction and sharing of ideas. People here will listen to your experiences and try to align with what they are doing.

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransUnion (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Inter view consisted of taking a 40-50 question IQ/intelligence test followed by a coding test (php, mysql), psychological test and a written test. Then a technical/personality interview with 2 members of the PHP team. This followed by speaking more with the HR recruiter and the speaking with the owner of the company.

Interview Questions

• Brain teaser to judge one's thinking process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary a bit.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TransUnion (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

The recruiter called me for an interview two weeks later a Phone interview with hiring manager 2 months later the Group/Panel interview was set. The interview It was easy, you come in for unnecessary 5 hours of interview and the managers all have some questions that may not even correlate the position description. Mind you all of them seemed fairly new with the company . I wish their interview process was more streamlined (less hours) as it is a counterproductive. Is an all men's club, too many chiefs for the same department which makes their organizational pyramid highly bureaucratic. Not sure if lack of knowledge or it is how they work.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion in September 2014.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with the company. 2 phones interviews followed by in person interview. Environment looks nice, their office has just been renovated. Interviews were fairly quick and easy asking mostly about resume and basic programming questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion in April 2012.

Interview

easy.

not good review about this company

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Got a call from HR and scheduled an interview. The interview was about 30 mins with basic questions on my resume and projects.

Interview Questions

• What are the implementations done and how are they done on my projects?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TransUnion.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with HR, to see if all the job posting requirements were meet. Then there was a phone interview with 3 of the tech team. This was more of a background check and very informal and non-technical. Then there was an on-site interview with 4 of the tech team. Everyone seemed nice but a bit disinterested. There was a whiteboard programming test. Easy enough but the execution was a bit sloppy. You're constantly being spoken to while you're solving the problem. You're then asked how you would optimize it and get about 5 seconds to think before they start speaking again. The problem was easy and I solved it but those types of problems don't reveal much about a programmer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial HR call, then call with hiring manager, then face to face interview at Chicago, it was 4 rounds. 3 white board coding with unit testing. They were avg. and java oop questions, be prepared with Leetcode simple questions

Interview Questions

• Interface vs abstract, sql sub queries, find least distance of a set of points from origin, oop questions,unit testing.it can be psudo code   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, WI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, WI (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Fun scary quick they asked me a bunch of stuff like why do you like words so mmuch. I was like what the heck, then i realizated how i am completely lying. They told me system dot out dot print line which is like the easiest thing in the world.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TransUnion (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process until the onsite setup was on track! After the onsite interview had to follow up multiple number of times to get an update or feedback. They look for very specific skill set matching their JD, even if you suggest newer technologies they don’t entertain. And HR team is very slow and do not respond on time! I waited for more than 14 days to receive a follow up on my interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java Questions, Core Java, Java Algorithms, Batch Processing, Agile Methodology   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransUnion (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Semi-technical phone interview with HR.
    2. Technical phone interview with hiring manager.
    3. Three hour technical on-site interview with the team.
    4. Crickets. Not a word. I guess that's just the way they do it these days.

Interview Questions

• What about the default index that SQL Server puts on tables?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.