TransUnion Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.9
TransUnion CEO Christopher Cartwright
Christopher Cartwright
Pros
Cons
  • "I shouldn't have had to sacrifice my work-life balance to get promoted(in 43 reviews)

• "A couple of strong connections in the building can go along why when you're trying to navigate the red tape(in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good compensation"

Former Employee - Information Security Consultant in Burlington, ON

I worked at TransUnion full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance is perfect! High Culture, excellent team environment, amazing people to work with. Training and development are above average.

Cons

I haven't faced any downside with either workplace or the company culture.

TransUnion2019-04-25
  2. "Good place to work"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Sr management buy-in Work-life balance TU for Good

Cons

Career advancement often limited unless you work at Corporate in Chicago

Advice to Management

Give employees opportunity to own tasks, less micromanagement. Have more trust in employees who are strong.

TransUnion2019-04-21
  3. "Good company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Burlington, ON

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exciting work content in application build group, opportunities to learn and grow, good work life balance, benefits and pay in par with latest industry trends

Cons

Not many opportunities to interact with other departments, making it harder to grow laterally or go through a career change.

TransUnion2019-07-16

"Sales Sweat Shop"

Former Employee - Sales in Burlington, ON

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some great people to work with

Cons

Long term sales employees are being marginalized. They are being squeezed out with lofty sales targets and with reduced earning capacity, along with changes in their titles/roles, and account responsibilities. Longer term sales employees are essentially being pushed to the brink to leave or make due with less money and opportunity. Their hope is to frustrate you to leave without a package.

TransUnion2019-06-14

"Old school politics dictate your employment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I worked at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Flexible hours; competitive salary;

Cons

Old school politics; blatant favouritism; extremely disorganized;

Advice to Management

Stop the favouritism; invest in proper training of your employees; ensure processes are streamlined and visions/goals clearly communicated; stop the intimidation tactics; get new blood in management positions, because the old school mentality is damaging to the overall reputation of the company.

TransUnion2019-02-19

"Learn & Grow"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Burlington, ON

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work with good people, Learn about industry standard technologies/processes, Provide valuable experience in a corporate setting, High experience-value entry level positions

Cons

Promises of advancement are - by and large - empty, promotions undervalue internal talent, stepping outside role goes unrewarded and unacknowledged, highly inequitable remote work policy, proceed with caution.

Advice to Management

Follow through on promises of growth when making organizational decisions to reduce churn.

TransUnion2019-01-12
  7. "A company with global career opportunities"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are outstanding career growth opportunities, on a truly global scale. In the past 6 months, 3 of my team members have taken on new mandates with international exposure. High performance is rarely overlooked, and the company culture is constantly evolving and changing for the better.

Cons

It's a lean organization, and the pace and volume of work can be heavy.

TransUnion2018-12-20

"Useless company with a very non-diverse workforce and a biased management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON

I worked at TransUnion full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a part of Trans Union Canada and had no experience with Trans Union US so this review is solely for TransUnion Canada. A decent brand name to have on your resume if you are in this industry. Other than that cannot think of a single positive point for this company and don't even know why I joined it.

Cons

Little or no hand holding during the probation period which is pathetic as it's a fast paced company. I really don't know how I even lasted for close to 2 years there. Extremely lazy HR people who totally forget you after you are on boarded. In my entire 2 years I barely spoke to them at the time of my joining and that's it. They don't do anything from an employee engagement stand point or anything else......everything is done by the Social Committee there. Fire people left, right and center without explanation and saw many people being let go during my time there. A very average benefits package.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings and show some respect to them. Hire right and don't lay off so many people. Someone at the top is doing something wrong and you know that. You might think that you are highly reputed but you are not and the word does spread fast. Most of your VP's ( especially in Sales) are useless and full of themselves. Get rid off them.

TransUnion2019-01-14

"Major account executive"

I have been working at TransUnion full-time

Pros

Incredible products and solutions that allow me the confidence to consult with my clients, knowing that I can help them solve their critical business issues. Product roadmaps are forward thinking and next generation.

Cons

We need to double the number of developers and QC associates to match our growth targets or we will continue to fail on fulfillment. Delivery dates on projects are always suggestions and quality is negligible. Failure to manage “the core” products compromises the foundation of what we offer our clients. Innovation is compromising data quality and integrity. New processes implemented without providing the tools or... staff to fulfill is insanity and doubles the work for sales. Staff are working 60 hour weeks on average and management is very aware and encourages the old “HSBC” mentality.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to ensure the messaging to sales and product are echoed to product fulfillment and support. Address the fulfillment issues - the Ramsay project has simply downloaded all administrative tasks to sales and is manipulating results on NPS to create false outcomes. It’s been two years since the one day debrief on sales process was reviewed and rather than Ramsay improving that process, it’s degraded.... Let’s revisit that same experience.

TransUnion2018-10-06

"Room for improvement"

in Burlington, ON

I have been working at TransUnion for more than 3 years

Pros

The organization has a lot of potential to be great. The HR team has evolved greatly and is very approachable and an advocate for employees

Cons

Everyone is drowning in work Terrible work life balance Across the company people are constantly given new responsibilities with no change in pay

Advice to Management

If we want to be treated like a tech company in the market we need to act like one internally

TransUnion2018-01-13