TransMarket Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun. 21, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 152 of over 152 interviews

Employee Referral5%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

TransMarket Group

Application

I interviewed at TransMarket Group

Interview

I got a phone call from a trader. It was very weird as it wasn't a video call but they still asked me a bunch of quantitative (mainly math) questions. Also questions about call/put diagrams which was very difficult to explain over the phone. Then, they just send an automated message for rejection.

Interview Questions
  • Payoff diagrams (call/puts) Probability questions
    Answer Question

TransMarket Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in Jun. 2022

Interview

Unprofessional Personal Questions From Chief Executive Officer Interview process was pretty standard at the beginning. I applied online, and was interviewed via phone by traders from various desks. The traders were professional and were clear when it came to technical questions. The point of contact that scheduled interviews was also responsive and organized. Then I had an interview with the CEO and after the standard questions about resume/background he proceeded to ask personal questions irrelevant to the role. Then he proceeded to probe me on my gap years between my undergrad and graduate program. I was initially supposed to interview with another person instead of the CEO, but due to scheduling issues, I ended up being interviewed by him. The firm seems great overall, and are clearly top performers in the field. Just avoid any interviews with the CEO if possible. I'm not sure what the intent of personal questions were. But my rejection email was more personal than your typical copy+paste template and specifically mentioned they weren't left confident I'd be a good fit. Interpret that as you will.

Interview Questions
  • From the traders: Standard probability/statistics/coding/options questions. Requires a bit of preparation, but nothing difficult. Behavioral questions were also typical for a trading firm (why trading, name a time you ____, etc) From CEO: Standard questions, similar to ones above Where are you from? What do your parents do? Do you have siblings? What does he/she do? What did you do between the gap years between undergrad and grad school? You said some things came up that required you to delay starting grad school. What problems came up?

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

90.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=TransMarket Group~233421
Join the conversation on

TransMarket Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group

Interview

Bad interview experience overall. The process took longer than 2 months, consisting of 2 phone calls, 1 character interview. HR replies your email very late and sometimes ignores your email. Technical part is extremely easy: probability, mental math(nailed every technical Q very quickly). 1 hour character interview asks very personal questions, they are not looking for ppl who can do the job but someone belongs to certain tight knit culture/race/social class(take a guess), an eye opening experience even after having interviewed with so many trading companies, was rejected after character interview.

Interview Questions
  • Character(so called) interview: what do your parents do for living? what does your girlfriend do for work? how did you come to this country? why does your family want to stay in the US?

TransMarket Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group in Jan. 2022

Interview

Phone interviews asking standard trading probability questions. I was stood up multiple times during the interview process. They clearly do not care about their interns. Do not interview here, a waste of your time.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interviews asking standard trading probability questions.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in Jan. 2022

Interview

DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY! My entire process lasted over 3 months with only 2 phone calls, 1 video interview and 1 on-site (which they fly you out to their office). That’s how slow they are in organizing. They are terrible at responding to almost anything and still hasn’t reimbursed my expenses for on-site interviews. Some of my interviewers are plain out condescending even if I know my stuff and answered everything correctly. Their office also looked crammed and sad compared to other trading firms. After on-site they asked me to provide references and do a background check without an offer letter only to reject me three weeks after. Good thing I already have a much better offer from another firm so their loss i guess. Have some self respect and avoid this company at all costs.

Interview Questions
  • Easy math and probability questions, just review like college level math and some expected value stuff

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in Jan. 2022

Interview

Most disrespectful behavioral round I've ever had. 3 rounds of technical + 1 round of behavioral screening + super day. First, it's weird to have a behavioral round after 3 technical. Technical was not that challenging, green book covers everything. But the HR person who scheduled behavioral gave me a hard time meeting him. He pulled a no show first and sent a reschedule after. The second time, he was late 25 minutes for the scheduled 40 minutes. During the 15 mins, he was either looking at his phone or talking to other people when I was talking. Got an email 2 weeks after this interview. Similar experience happened to some of my friends.

Interview Questions
  • 1. green book - ants on rope question 2. greeks on a butterfly 3. betting/expected value questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Pretty standard, some probability, some fit questions. Standard probability questions, like those you would see in quant interview guides. Also some interesting theoretical questions about expected value. Good process overall.

Interview Questions
  • How many ways are there to color a cube with two colors so that no two adjacent vertices are the same color?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in Oct. 2020

Interview

Two phone screens that involved simple brainteasers about probability and combinatorics, as well as other questions involving game theory, calculus, etc. Then a character interview which dug deeply into behavioral questions and your personal traits, such as values and morals. Was ghosted for several months afterwards until I received a generic rejection letter.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Paris) in Oct. 2020

Interview

Trés long, test assez difficile, nécessite une sérieuse préparation. Leurs but c'est de vous déstabiliser. Ne vous parle absolument pas du post Entretien tout de même intéressant mais très stressant. Rien d'autre à ajouter Rien d'autre à ajouter Rien d'autre à ajouter Rien d'autre à ajouter Rien d'autre à ajouter Rien d'autre à ajouter

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransMarket Group (Chicago, IL) in May 2020

Interview

Interviewing process was much easier than expected, and they seem to have a strong emphasis on fit. Had three behavioral interviews, and no technical. Was three rounds, followed by a background check and contacting my references.

Interview Questions
  • All interviews basically had me walk through my resume or they'd ask me questions about projects or classes I've taken.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 152 Interviews