TransAlta Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

TransAlta Interview Questions

Interviews at TransAlta

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TransAlta in September 2020.

Interview

This was an impersonal screening interview via the HiringPlatform.ca web portal. After spending several hours getting ready and completing the interview I was ghosted by the company, they couldn't even be bothered to send a form letter in response.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Roughly 1.75 hours. There was primarily a focus on behavioral qualities with a few questions on future goals and aspirations. It didn't seem like an interview out of the ordinary

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a recent conflict in your life and what was it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta (Calgary, AB) in February 2019.

Interview

There was an initial pone interview conducted by an hr employee and then a phone interview with the hiring manager. During the initial screening there were questions regarding strengths and how to deal with team conflicts. There were also some questions regarding what my understanding of the role is.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failure and how your dealt with it.   2 Answers

Pretty Easy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta.

Interview

Applied on-line - received pre-screen interview over the phone. If you can meet for a face-to-face for interview, make personal connection with manager and you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate your salary, I got more than market dictated.

Senior Advisor, Aboriginal Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta (Calgary, AB) in December 2014.

Interview

Very insightful and personal. They asked me to speak about my experience in the field. The other members of the team were present during the interview and I was able to ask them questions about their experience here.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one instance when you had to solve a serious dispute.   Answer Question

Training Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta.

Interview

I got hired by online application nd the interview process was very difficult. i strongly believe that this is a great and successful company and ill give my best to sustain myself in the same company for years

Interview Questions

Interview

two people ask questions and try to find out if you can think on your feet. They want to see if you can get along in a group enviroment and how you handle pressure.

New Grad Rotation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta (Calgary, AB) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called for an interview at the headquarters downtown Calgary. Interview started off with going over resume, they had a few pages of questions to ask and took notes, They got into some behavioral questions which were the same as usual. For example explain a time when ..... happened? etc. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? They emailed after two weeks and said they were still interviewing. And 4 weeks after that they finally called and said no.

Interview Questions

• asked a lot of questions that someone early in career wouldn't know how to answer because they have never would have had to deal with that.   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta (Calgary, AB) in April 2013.

Interview

One HR interview for basic screening, one interview with the hiring manager and his co-workers. Questions around behavioral and past experiences. It took a month before they responded. Hiring manager's assistant got back to me to schedule a meeting with the hiring manager to go thru offer. Didn't accept the first offer, he came back with a second offer.

Interview Questions

• Ask about your experience, why you think you are a good candidate for the job.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sundance, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TransAlta (Sundance, AB) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a pretty cut and dry process, I sent in my resume online and the got back to me in about a week. I interviewed a week later. They called me later that day offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• The toughest question was, what do you do when there is conflict at work.   1 Answer

They want to start me at $41 per hour, this is too low for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.