The Salvation Army Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 339 of over 339 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Interview went very well but was never given feedback or told that I had been unsuccessful. Very disappointing and received a rude email when I enquired about the status of the job.

Interview Questions
  • Why is it important to collect rent from tenants?
    Answer Question
  • Which of the Salvation Army values do you identify most with

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Expressed my interest to become a volunteer, they rang me a few days after to come in for a interview, simple questions like what I know about the salvation army and about my availability

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

Very clear process. Interviewer went through a series of questions that you were required to answer. This included situations where you exhibited the desired characteristics/qualifications of the job. Other questions included situations where you would be required to act.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to work collaboratively/in a team.

The Salvation Army

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

At the first level of the interview, I spoke with one person. At the second level, I spoke with a panel. They wrote me in an email saying there would be a third interview, BUT they never scheduled and never responded to my inquiries about the current status of the third interview. I was diligent in seeking information, but I eventually dropped it, assuming they were somewhat disorganized internally. It was extremely tacky to request a third interview, then never schedule it.

Interview Questions
  • I cannot recall many specific questions at this time. They did ask me about my plan for the role. I had prepared something in writing, which they seemed very impressed by during the interview. Today, I think they likely just kept my written plan, but didn't hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Sydney) in May 2021

Interview

Great communication from part of the hiring manager. Easy and straightforward process. The people on the panel were very friendly. they ask clear questions and were happy to answer my questions at the end of the interview in a helpful manner.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? What are the biggest challenge someone in this position will face?

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

The interview process changes from one corps to the next. In general, apply on Indeed or the company page, then interview, then a background check, then you have the final offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were not able to help someone in need, and what you did to cope.

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

There was not an interview process in a formal sense. Candidates are selected and then there are various opportunites and information packets that need to be filled out. From there you are prayed for and they will tell you if you are selected.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

The interview process was quick, I had a phone interview, then 2 in-person interviews within a week. I waited about another week to hear back about me getting the job. I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What drew you to want to work for an organization like The Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army

Application

I interviewed at The Salvation Army

Interview

No interview occurred - I simply went into the store and asked about volunteering, or you can call up then they just say to come in at a certain time and take you through the role, requirements and responsibilities as well as if this will be for a certain amount of time, and give you a few insurance documents to sign.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Salvation Army (Augusta, GA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Phone interview (audio only, not video) with operations manager and IT director not located in job location. Reviewed work experience with emphasis on software and job duties. One interview - no follow-up.

Interview Questions
  • Have you had non-profit experience?
  • Are you experienced with Great Plains software package?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 339 Interviews