TOPdesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

TOPdesk Interview Questions

Interviews at TOPdesk

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest, MO (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

After sending CV and an English cover letter, I had to complete a programming task at home, based on the result of that they called me in for an office visit and a personal interview. In the interview there was another programming exercise, for which I had to write code on the spot.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in April 2020.

Interview

Overall really kind and positive company. First there was a programming exercise at home, then two in person interviews with 2-2 developers. First one also had a puzzle type programming exercise, other one an integration type.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk in April 2020.

Interview

Solid experience with pleasant interviewers. I would really recommend an intern to apply as they do not try to trick you like many big tech companies these days. They are straight to the point.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied on own website after seeing ad on LinkedIn. HR responsible replied withing the promised 5 days and set up the first of what would be two rounds of interviews - they were conducted during the height of Covid-19 lockdowns, so both were on videocalls.
    Round 1: two interviewers, both working in organizational roles in the company, not technical (Scrum Master and HR). Questions mostly focused on personality fit, approach to work, teamwork, previous experience. This interview included two connected test tasks that required structured problem solving skills (structure dummy information between various tables in the most efficient and clear way).
    Round 2: two interviewers, one technical manager (with also +10 years of experience as a developer) and one manager from Product Management department. Heavy focus on how previous experience and knowledge can be applied to the company's current goals, challenges.

Interview Questions

• Describe a previous situation when you had to align clearly conflicting interests. Please describe how you understood and solved the conflict. Focus especially on how you can manage dissenting opinions.   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk.

Interview

Online resume submission, phone screening and face-to-face interview.

Spoke a bit regarding what TOPdesk does and how well yourself matches the role. Overall it was a personalized interview.

Make sure you know what services/product the company offers and prepare to speak/sell yourself. Bring questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the subject that you are doing in school?   Answer Question

Service Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

First round consisted off a general questions on previous experience and general suitability for the role.
    Second round was a presentation and more interview questions about the role specifically. They want to make sure you are a great fit for the company which is very reassuring. I was able to ask lots of questions to learn more about the role too.
    The whole interview process was smooth, I heard back very quickly after both interviews, which is a massive relief and was very appreciated.
    All in all a fantastic experience!

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about my experience, suitability for the role etc.   Answer Question

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews, one in person at the Manchester office, and one over Skype. The interview process was very personal, it felt very much about me and my aims rather than the company which was different to any interview I have had before, but in a refreshing sense. If you have a good idea of where you want to be, what your interests are and have done some research about the company, then I think the interview is much easier.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TOPdesk.

Interview

The interview process was intense. It was also fair. I was told it was a conversation which would go both ways. TOPdesk was looking for a fit with me, but I had to do my own evaluation, and see if TOPdesk would be a fit for me too. All 4 people I interviewed with (2 people each round) were kind, and welcoming.

Agile Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2019.

Interview

There was a very long interview, with a lot of irrelevant questions. (One person from HR and one scrum master. ) At first, there is a completely unnecessary presentation about the company, with information that you can find on the website and on the company's facebook page anyway. Then there were a lot of questions about my previous studies, workplaces and my private life. There were also some logical exercises at the end. The conversation was very friendly, but that was very misleading...
    There were questions about what I studied 15-20 years ago (!) and why. They were a bit too nosy about my private life.
    As a woman over 35 in Hungary, I've been discriminated against several times before. This was also a just waste of time.

Interview Questions

• There were questions about what I was thinking about my future studies at the age of 18.   1 Answer

TOPdesk Response

Sep. 30, 2019 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feelings. Yes, that is true we had questions about your hobbies, reasons for your chosen carrier path, related to the questions posed to you about your childhood. The reason behind this, as we explained during the interview as well, is that we wanted to get to know you better as a person and would like to understand your motivation. We did not ask your age since that is absolutely not relevant to us. At TOPdesk we are proud of the diversity of our colleagues! At the end of the interview there was an abstract thinking puzzle to work on together. As I explained in my e-mail, our decision was based on your performance during the exercise. The complexity of our software and the requirements for the position makes it necessary to have a high level of abstract thinking. Your exercise results did not reach our required company level, which is necessary, for this particular position. We wish you the best with your career! Szilvi TOPdesk Hungary HR & Recruitment Specialist

Inside Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Toronto, ON) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a very unique interview focused on getting to know me personally rather than strictly professionally. Overall a very pleasant experience and would recommend friends to work here as well.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.