Suzy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Suzy

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

First initial call, follow up assignment and then come into the office. Interview was fine typical questions meeting with people at the company. However it was weird how somebody else was interviewing for the same role that I was interviewing for was interviwed 30 min after me right next to the room I was in. You can hear the same people you met with meeting with the person next to you asking the same questions as they did to me. I understand the company is hiring and wants to conduct interviews but really placing them right next to each other? The Talent acquisition told me she "would get back to me tomorrow" couple of days went by and I followed up with her and she said we would " let me know tomorrow" I have never heard from her again. If you deny a person just tell the person don't linger them along .

Interview Questions

Suzy Response

Feb. 3, 2020 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for this feedback. I personally look through and read all of these. I try to understand each issue and what you experienced is bad. This is not the experience we strive towards, so I apologize. We will use this to help our team improve the process and more importantly the experience in the future. If you'd be open to discuss this more in detail, please reach out to me at anthonyo@suzy.com. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us this feedback.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suzy.

Interview

Recruiter call > Technical Screen > Onsite

Technical screen: The interviewer was very judgy about technical trivia questions. Ramp up on your language trivia questions and provide examples of when to use said thing and why it works the way it does underneath the hood. Interviewer sounded annoyed the whole time.

The product itself isn't very good. I wanted to bring up ways I can improve their product and what I have done in the past to improve on it but I didn't want to sound arrogant over the phone.

After the technical screen, I never heard back from the recruiter. They ghost you if they don't like you.

Sep. 10, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We believe in both caring personally, but also challenging directly. In this post, we are being challenged directly for a bad experience. Your review is not the type of experience we want folks to have while meeting with our company and is truly an exception.

I would jump at the chance to chat to learn more if you'd be open to talking. You can reach me at anthonyo@suzy.com. I wish you luck in your search, and please let us know if there is any way we can be of assistance to you in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Anthony Onesto
    Chief People Officer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Suzy.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview after applying online. The recruiter did not confirm the interview time, and forgot to send me a meeting invite so I was unprepared when she called me two days later for the interview. I thought the conversation went well, but I never heard from them again even after follow-ups the following week.

Interview Questions

Suzy Response

Jul. 8, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for this feedback. I personally look at each one of these as an opportunity to get better at what we do here at Suzy. If you are open to discuss this further, please contact me at anthonyo@suzy.com. If not, that's okay too, you have already provided me with an insight I didn't have yesterday.

We value all these interactions as opportunities to market Suzy as a company, so we do take this feedback VERY serious. Thanks again.

-Anthony Onesto
    Chief People Officer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone Screening then an assignment then an onsite interview.

The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is always later with his correspondence than what he originally tells you. ie. On Thursday he said he would get back to me about the assignment as of EOD or Friday once he connected with his boss. I didn’t hear from him until Monday.
    The coordinator also tends to make errors on emails including addressing candidates by their name and cc incorrect contacts.

Interview Questions

Suzy Response

Aug. 30, 2019 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for posting this review.

We take your experience very seriously, so this is both upsetting and important feedback. I would love to learn more and if you are open to it, please email me at anthonyo@suzy.com.

Thank you again for this feedback. Know that it will be taken seriously in our efforts to make real change.

Product Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was referred to the position by a friend and got an email the next day to set up a phone call. I spoke with the hiring manager and it went really well. I received an email to set up an in-person interview one week later and met with 5 different people over the course of 3 hours. Everyone was really nice and clearly smart and hardworking. However, I was placed in a windowless room so it was kind of difficult to focus for such a long time. I don't think this was on purpose on their end, I just think it's busy and conference rooms were booked, but I do wish there was more light/air flow. I heard nothing back for nearly 2 weeks, until I poked my friend who works there and then got a rejection. The team was really nice and gave me good feedback when asked.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Took over 2 weeks in order to complete; extremely lengthy process for no apparent reason except for laziness and lack of organization. This speaks volumes on the company's lack of order on a whole.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Marketing?   1 Answer

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward. No trick questions. Just wanted to get to know candidates and their interest in the company. After going through a series of phone and Skype interviews, they require candidates to come in and present to a team of 15-20 people. Whole process took months, so keep that in mind. Things went great until the end of the interview process and I just stopped hearing from the HR person completely. For being ranked as one of the "best" companies to work for in NYC, I did not see this... especially at the end.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Heard back about a week after applied and spoke with a very lovely girl from the recruiting team. It went very well - in fact, I had applied for a Senior level position but they found a Director level one to be a better fit for my experience - and I agreed once I heard more. I felt confident in our conversation and she also said it seemed like it would be a great fit. She was forthright that it was early in their process and they were still interviewing candidates, but that I'd hear back the following week about bringing me in for in-person interviews. I was excited to learn more.

And then, radio silence. Never heard from her again nor did she give me the respect of replying to any of my three follow up emails. I took the hint after the third. That's a pretty crappy way for any HR team or recruiter to conduct business and it doesn't reflect well on the company at all, so it's probably for the best. Every candidate deserves a simple yes or no followup.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that tricky - just about management experience and my general work experience. It was more conversational; she spoke to me in detail about the position and company - which I appreciated.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy.

Interview

I applied online and HR reached out to me (1 month + later). We had a phone screening, and i was brought in for the Director level first round interview. I thought it went well, and I'm happy to report that I met with very bright and friendly people. We were blocked for 2.5 hours, but it ended up reaching 3 hours. I was in the middle of contemplating other offers, and had told HR i I needed to move quickly. HR told me I would hear back within two days. After following up a few times for another week without a response, so at this point, I sent a thank you note indicating It was fine if I wasn't selected, but would like to close out the conversation. Soon after that email, I was contacted for a second round.

The second round was very all over the place. I was told that they would be interviewing me for the senior product role instead; which is fine, but I would have appreciated this information prior to scheduling the interview. The agenda was to meet with three people; two of which couldn't make it. I spent about a half hour just waiting around to meet someone. To be fair, I believe the HR person i dealt with was trying to do a lot, but the experience left a bad impression on me.

After that second round, I was again told i would find out the results in approximately two days. After not hearing back for a week, I followed up via email and was told they would not be moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• I really enjoyed the conversation with the CTO. It was more of theoretical questions than about black & white processes. Questions were more about approach   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Suzy (New York, NY (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 1-2 weeks after I applied online. Simple phone screen, followed by meeting 3 people a couple of days later on site. Each interview lasted roughly 30 mins and seemed pretty straight forward, until I started to get the feeling that they were looking for a recruiter rather than a general hr coordinator. I was given a take home assignment comprised of 1 behavioral question and 3 project plan/proposal questions about RECRUITING. During the 2 days I was given to finish my assignment I noticed that the position was updated on the company site to Recruiting Coordinator, which left me with a very uneasy feeling. After submitting my assignment I was then scheduled to go back and present it to the team. The day of my presentation the HR person emailed to let me know that one of the key people was out that day and she really wanted the team to be present for the presentation leading me to reschedule for the next day. She was really nice about it but when I went in to present the following day I was told the person missing is physically in the office, but unable to attend my presentation anyway. The room and time I was supposed to present seemed undecided because they weren't quite sure where to put me. I was told they would have a decision by Friday and the following Wednesday I received an email stating that they were going with another candidate. Although everyone I spoke to was friendly and personable it seemed that they weren't sure about what they were looking for until halfway through the process.

Interview Questions

• Devise a plan to utilize social media in your recruiting process.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.