Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 67 of over 67 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

It was an online interview during the COVID. The interview started with few questions about your skills and projects, following an introduction to the research that you will be working on. Overall it was quite short and .

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Tell me about the biggest challenge that you have solved. 3. (The interviewer introducing their project and research) 4. Q & A
    1 Answer

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview

The interview was online and with a surprisingly large number of people. It was a zoom meeting at a scheduled time, but I was not told in advance who would be there aside from the main interviewer and the sheer amount of people present felt odd. My advice for anyone wanting a job in this hospital - it isn't enough to know about the hospital in general, this team really wanted to hear why you wanted that particular job. Why do you want to work on that individual floor and what made them stand out above any other section of the hospital or any other hospital in the city? I was honestly just looking for work and have experience in this area, I was willing to be flexible on what exact environment I worked in and willing to learn. The interviewers don't seem to appreciate that attitude and would rather hear about how you're specifically driven and motivated to work with them.

Interview Questions
  • What research articles have you published?
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was very organized and went well! They were prompt with their email replies and were and the explanation of the position was thoroughly explained and concise. They answered all the questions I had about the job role and the company. Very friendly staff and straight forward questions!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe a time you worked with a difficult patient and how did you resolve the situation? What can you do to best prepare for working at Sunnybrook? How can you ensure your high quality performance working with us? What kind of psychometric tests have you administered?

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre in Apr 2021

Interview

Welcoming friendly interviewer panel. Questions were what you'd expect from a standard interview plus some job-specific questions. Took 10 minutes at most. Some questions seemed to be based off of previous application papers.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of how you were able to improve a process?

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

Process took a total of 2 weeks from initial call back to hiring. HR is great to work with. Documentation n reference check was quick too. The interview was on zoom.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview

Asked basic questions. Process itself and scheduling took a lot of time. Mostly prepared through glassdoor interview questions. The people seemed very nice though. Got a better offer somewhere else by the time they offered so I chose not to join.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview

Was thorough & long. Done through zoom due to covid. And had follow up questions via email. Took a long time for the manager to make a decision. No work from home option. Manager & doctor present. Lots of questions. Reference check. Low offer of salary & 1 year contract. Not much room to advance. Average benefits package.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview

Knowledge based and critical thinking paper test and an in-person portion with behavioural questions and applications questions, asking about things like how you would handle circumstances of conflict, prioritization, etc. There were two managers and a nurse educator present for the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Asking you to prioritize if patient A is on the floor, patient B ringing a call bell, patient C has meds due, etc.

Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre

Interview

The interview was very conversational a lot of scenario based questions. At the end of the interview they told me that my interview went well and that HR would begin contacting my references.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your clinical experience and why you would like to work for our hospital.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

Zoom interview was done during COVID by the Educator and Manager of the unit. Interview went for 45 min approx. Manager asked me 6-7 questions and documented my answers on paper.

Interview Questions
  • You enter your patients room and find them short of breath, what are your priority nursing actions?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Interviews