Smile Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Smile Brands Interview Questions

Interviews at Smile Brands

2.2

Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Simi Valley, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty quick and straightforward. I was contacted by the Regional Dental Hygienist recruiter via text in late January. I was scheduled to come in for an interview five days later and a few days later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Smile Brands asked me how comfortable I would be explaining treatments and procedures to patients.   Answer Question

Registered Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Fayetteville, AR (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Went well. Interviewer was nice. All questions answered. Spoke with one of other hygienist in office. Interviewer said she would be hiring someone soon because a current hygienist was moving away in 3 weeks. I emailed her a week after interview and she responded that she hadn’t made a decision yet and was still interviewing. I emailed again after hearing nothing not even a rejection after waiting 3 more weeks. I still have not received an email or notice back from the office as of today’s date.

Dental Hygienist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview was easy. Very self explanatory process. Super nice people to work with. The whole process was super efficient and quick. Did not take long at all. Started work quick.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Brands.

Interview

Very quick process consisting of three interviews. One interview was by phone, then with my boss, and then with the doctor. It took about two weeks from start to finish.

Javascript Developer Interview

Interview

I applied online through the LinkedIn website. It was a nice phone conversation about my experience, about the role and my background to see if the position would be a good fit for me.

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter that was kind of awkward and not conversational at all. One question after another, making it difficult to connect. Did not get the feeling she was trying to understand my background - more or less running through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions - tell me about your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Irvine, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview was rather odd and I had an off balance feeling about working at Smile Brands.
    After speaking with the A/P Manager I was dragged through the offices and looked at the people in the cube farms. No one looked happy. One person in A/P actually looked up and appeared scared. No one smiled and the atmosphere was depressing. The CFO was pleasant and out meeting very short.

Interview Questions

• You know we are here to work.
      Just because you are on vacation does not mean the work stops.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smile Brands.

Interview

Turn in your resume
    Over the Phone Interview
    In Person Interview x2 (Completed Same Day)
    I Was Contacted Within A Couple Of Days Regarding A Job Offer
    Overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last place of employment   1 Answer

Smile Brands Response

Apr. 16, 2019 – Employee Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to share about your interview! So glad you enjoyed the process and that we extended an offer. We hope you joined our team and mission to help create Smiles for Everyone!

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Denver, CO (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online a few days later someone from the hiring office called to do a phone interview. Iet with the dmo and vp for a interview. A few days later recieved the offer letter and started with a background check

Interview Questions

• Everyone was extremely professional and nice. They asked why I was applying for the position. How long have I been in dental? I wanted to know my goals and ambitions for myself and the company.   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose dental?   1 Answer

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smile Brands (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screening and then a live interview. During the interview, I was advised they have been looking to fill this position since May 2018 because they are very "decisive", which actually seemed to be more like “indecisive” if they can’t find a single candidate to move forward with in 8 months. I got the feeling they were apprehensive to turn over any control because they could out perform them since they had been leading this team for 14 years. They mentioned they like to have fun several times, which is great but it appeared to be a distraction for them. Other than them answering thier cell phone during the interview, the interview went great and her questions were straightforward. I left feeling confident I’d move to the next stage. I was notified they were not moving forward with me because they received many great candidates with industry experience, which was never mentioned in the job ad or the interview process as being a requirement. I soon realized this was just a generic excuse they give people when I saw the re-posted ad a few days later. I felt it was a complete waste of time for a position they have no real intention of filling, and only using these interviews to get fresh ideas from other HR professionals for free.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.