Smile Brands Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Nov 6, 2019

4.6
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "They also provide great benefits which allow employees to have flexibility with their working schedule(in 55 reviews)

• "Fantastic "Smiles for Everyone" Work Culture(in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons in all the time I have worked here(in 50 reviews)

• "Still would love to see 401K match(in 26 reviews)

1. "Awesome People"

Current Employee - Director, Real Estate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've worked at Smile Brands for over 4 years and the thing I'm most proud of is the quality people making up our collective Team. The company, from the dental offices to the Business Support Teams in Irvine, Plano and San Antonio, is filled with employees that care for one another, push for win-win solutions, and strive to put our patients first. I would like to specifically shout out a member of our Marketing... Team, Natasha Mellgren, for her tireless efforts to help both our existing and new offices with their marketing materials, window art, banners, branding artwork within the offices, and her many other responsibilities. She always puts our dental offices first to help them make great first impressions to our patients and the surrounding community.

Cons

Encourage further training for both our team members in the Field as well as Business Support.

Smile Brands2019-11-06
  2. "Amazing Teamwork"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Real Estate & Strategic Sourcing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Regardless of the challenge, I consistently see the Smile Brands' Team come together to solve problems creatively. There is very little, if any, "that's not my job" attitude anywhere throughout the Company. Department leaders do a wonderful job of fostering a collaborative and transparent environment. The Recruiting Team works tirelessly to insure that the dental offices open with great doctors and the Call... Center does a wonderful job answering calls and booking patient appointments. I really appreciate the leadership that Peter and Betsy provide to those Teams respectively.

Cons

Sometimes, because of the pace at which we are growing, it is hard to stop and celebrate the small everyday miracles that each of our Departments achieves. To address this, we have implemented a bi-weekly "Celebrate Everyday Miracles" gathering so we can share such stories with each other. We need to continue to keep this fresh and fun.

Advice to Management

Please continue to be transparent with the vision and strategy of the Company and remain open to employee feedback. This is one of the things that makes our Company so refreshingly different than so many other companies.

Smile Brands2019-11-06
  3. "Shout out to and amazing RDA Ashley Dozier"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ashley came to us as an extern and in a matter of 1.5 years she is now our lead Ortho assistant and a lead general assistant with an amazing attitude and determination.

Cons

I have no con to leave!

Advice to Management

Continue to promote withing.

Smile Brands2019-10-31
  4. "SMILES FOR EVERYONE, INCLUDING YOU!"

Current Employee - Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Awesome company to work for and with. I've been with Smilebrands for over 15 years. I can't express how awesome he upper management is with their support and guidance when requested. It's like owing your own business with no micro-managing.

Cons

401K - Would love it company contributed

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! I so appreciate your partnership.

Smile Brands2019-10-31
  5. "Fun place to work!"

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is growing fast, keeping its teams busy and offering great growth opportunities to its team members. At the same time, they do not forget to celebrate the successes and to have fun along the way with a lot of employee friendly events such as end of summer party, pancakes breakfast or Halloween parade.

Cons

As with any company growing fast, there are some growing pains which are often turned into opportunities for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees and ensure you have the right people on the bus for the size of the organization and the growth to come.

Smile Brands2019-10-28
  6. "Shout out to my team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The best reason to work at Smile Brands is the people. The people on my team (accounting and finance) are the best of the best! I am taking this particular moment to acknowledge the great work of Russ Brankov, who leads the month end closing process for our entire operation and has a depth and breadth of knowledge that hundreds of people across the country rely on each and every month. Thanks for the consistently... smart, congenial and patient service you provide to our entire Smile Brands team!

Cons

I have none to report

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

Smile Brands2019-10-28
  7. "An amazing life investment"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company loves to help individuals grow in their career and as a person.

Cons

Paper charts but there is plans in the future to fix this very small issue.

Smile Brands2019-10-18
  8. "Great organization"

Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time

Pros

Good patient flow, friendly staff, nice facilities, specialists available for patients

Cons

No electronic health records, all paper charts

9. "Smiles for everyone"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smiles for everyone is truly our mission and vision, working for Smile Brands has given me my ambition for dentistry and helping others back. It is so easy to be deflated by poor leadership, however working here has made me realize my potential. I am surrounded by strong leaders, like Stephanie Huebner and Jessica Nieto; that want to grow others and set an example of what a leading oral healthcare practice should... look like! We are patients over profit, NOT on the contrary. I feel happy to get up and come to a place where we can give smiles to everyone and it keeps me smiling too!!

Cons

I would probably ask for an improvement on the training and onboarding potential. This can also be a pro though, because it allows you to be creative with your own ideas on how you can grow and lead.

Advice to Management

Maybe a team appreciation day would be awesome! Let’s gain more culture in each individual practice and have some fun! I would like to know how I can expand and grow within our company, because I plan to make this my dental home and future! Thanks for everything you do! I Cannot wait to see what mountains we can move together for our patients and team! Lastly, the Denver Day of Giving was AWESOME! We really helped... those in need and I am very proud to be a part of your team!

10. "OM"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been with smile brands for 6 months but hands down the best corporate company I have ever worked for. Smilebrands has a very solid foundation & I'm excited to have a career where I can definitely expand within. Upper management is always listening, addresses any concerns I have & always will to help. Great training, Out of state manager training, monthly manager meetings, osha, online the list... goes on. Love the motto "Smiles for everyone"

Cons

I really dont have any cons would love to see them matching 401k sometime

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing :)

Found 954 reviews