Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 10 Dec, 2017
1,290 Interview Reviews

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Paris (France)) in June-2016.

Interview

J'ai été contactée par un cabinet de recrutement et dès le lendemain j'étais convoquée pour un entretien.
    Les deux entretiens se sont déroulés en face à face.
    Le processus d'embauche a été rapide.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-nous de votre parcours et de votre motivation pour le poste.
      Parlez-nous de votre savoir-être.   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

Submit online application through shell website, followed by 2 online assessments: Part 1 competency-based questions. Part 2 decision-making and problem-solving questions. The problem-solving task is timed. Need to finish 16 numerical tests questions within 18 minutes. Pass the assessments, you will get an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Interview takes around 45 minutes. All are behavior questions. Prepare a lot of examples with details and follow STARR model.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to something.   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recorded video interview portion with general, behavioral questions. Followed in second round by case study analysis. Overall, it was quite painless. The second round case study analysis can be a bit tough, however, so prepare well.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November-2017.

Interview

30 minutes interview followed by second round all day event. Met at a school career fair and was called after that and scheduled the event for the following week. Process was fairly quick.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

1 English test, 1 Math test, followed by 5 behavioral questions thru virtual interview. English and Math tests have a pretty severe time constraint, so be wary.
    Took me 1-2 weeks to hear I had been selected for the final assessment.
    Final assessment contains one case study. During assessment, you will give 5 minute presentation followed by an hour of follow up questions. Pretty taxing interview process as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Question about implementing safety in one of your projects.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

After applying I received an email to make an online interview with pre-recorded questions and an online assessment test. The test was easy (mathematical and logic questions - 30 min total) but the online questions (5 in total) are unnatural to handle (easy and typical behavioral questions though) as you talk with the webcam.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell in October-2017.

Interview

The Application process had two stages.
    Stage one has Online assessment which was divided into 2parts, Part A had Verbal Reasoning: 24 questions, Numerical Reasoning: 16 questions Abstract Reasoning: 10 questions (12mins for all), and B had the online ‘working styles’ assessment. I'm pretty sure i did well in this part, answered all 98% of the questions.
    Then there was the on demand video interview which were competency-based. I did not make it past this stage.
    Positive experience.

Interview Questions

• why do you wanna work here? one time you had to change a colleagues opinion? when you had to learn something fast?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

Applied online for an engineering position and received an e-mail for a video interview. Asked a set of questions and gave a minute to prepare and answer. There were about four questions that they asked and they were all recorded by computer.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)) in September-2017.

Interview

First you submit your application which is your basic format. Then you'll be instructed to complete three assessments. The first is a competency test with three parts that are 4 minutes each. The first of these three parts is sort of a reading comprehension test (_ is to _ as _ is to ? type questions and if all _ are _, and _ is _ then all _ are ?), then a math test (profit calculations, simple series and sequences), and then an abstract reasoning (shapes and arrow sequences where you guess the next item). To be frank, its really difficult because of the time restriction even with a good calculator and everything you need available.

The second assessment is behavioral and asks a little over 50 questions about how you handle conflicts, take criticism, lead teams, tackle challenges, all the basic stuff. A lot of the questions are rewordings of previous questions so I felt like it was more for determining consistency of your answers and to weed out people just selecting randomly.

The third assessment is an on-demand interview through HireVue which was incredibly unnerving. Even after days of preparation and preparing answers long beforehand it was very, very stressful. You have to answer 5 questions and you're given 30 seconds to prepare after being given the question and then 3 minutes to answer. The questions aren't too difficult but the time constraint and the randomness of them made it hard to answer without feeling uncomfortable. If your cool as a cucumber you'll probably be okay but if you're anxious like me then you'll have a hard time like I did. I feel like this is why I was disqualified from the running even though I gave full answers they could probably see through my nervousness.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you overcame a limitation to achieve success. For example you can discuss 1.) the situation, 2.) your achievement, 3.) the difficultly of the limitation.   Answer Question

Contrating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Very detailed. Have to do multiple assessments and an on demand interview. If you pass, you continue on to a case study. On demand interview have basic interview questions that you have 30 seconds to think about and 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Shell?   1 Answer