Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Calgary, AB).

Interview

Applied online, initially screening by phone interview, followed by group interview with HR and Engineering lead. When selected filled out questionnaires for background check provided transcripts, previous work information. Process took about 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role, responsibilities, achievements.   1 Answer
    • Technical and Behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Comptable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libreville (Gabon)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Shell (Libreville (Gabon)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. L’accueil,

2. La présentation du candidat, et des membres du jury

3. La présentation de l’entreprise qui recrute ainsi que du poste,

4. Echanges autour de l’expérience du candidat,

5. Conclusion et fin de l’entretien.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont précisément les activités que vous avez effectuées lors de votre précédent stage?   1 Answer

Pompiste Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dakar (Senegal)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shell (Dakar (Senegal)) in March 2015.

Interview

L'entretien se déroule en presence Des personnes appeles a vérifie la rigueur du candidat.ces competences a respecté Les régles qui lui sont donnés telles que le respect Des horaires de travail,la rigueur et le respect de son directeur et de tous Les personnels .

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi vous avez choisi notre entreprise?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Paris (France)) in June 2016.

Interview

J'ai été contactée par un cabinet de recrutement et dès le lendemain j'étais convoquée pour un entretien.
    Les deux entretiens se sont déroulés en face à face.
    Le processus d'embauche a été rapide.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-nous de votre parcours et de votre motivation pour le poste.
      Parlez-nous de votre savoir-être.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baar, Zug (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Baar, Zug (Switzerland)) in October 2015.

Interview

Processus très détaillé basé sur deux parties: une partie liée aux connaissances techniques et une partie liée aux aspects comportementaux. Un temps de 90 minutes est prévu pour les deux parties et l'entretien est géré par un panel de trois personnes.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was very difficult and at times very confusing due to three people asking different questions and expecting the answer at the same time. Overall a very long process and no proper response at times by the recruiters

Interview Questions

• How do you fit into the company with your petroleum background   2 Answers

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. The online test included behavior questions and mathematical questions. Phone interview were mostly behavior questions. I didn't pass the first phone interview but I heard that there will be a second interview if you pass.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Interview

3 brief quizzes then a video interview. The quizzes weren't bad, you have to rush through them though because they dont give you much time. The video interview was tough because they would display a question for 30 seconds then you would record a video of your response. This made it tough to be personable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for shell.
      What is a time you faced a problem and how did you solve that problem.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Interview

Since I was applying online, first did some English and Math question, also some psychological test. After getting the result f the test, I was asked some question then recorded the answer online

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Face to face with the manager. Followed by the scenario interview with HR person. Fun process if you don't make too much fuss about it. Interview was for the job that I knew I could handle and for the team that I knew before. I had an advantage of years of experience.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are CEO of the stroller company and something bad happens to your product. What would you do?   2 Answers

Petrophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shell (New Orleans, LA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

1) The first step to the Shell interview process is the online application. In this you include your resume. Candidates are screened based on GPA and work experience. If the minimum criteria is met you are invited to an online assessment.
    2) Next step is the online assessment. This is of two parts designed to familiarize you with the company and screen out more candidates at the same time. Both are online, of which one is a timed quantitative reasoning test. Remember that applications are not limited to just the results of the online assessment. If you do poorly but still have an impressive profile, you may still be called for a phone interview.
    3) During the phone interview your ability to answer behavioral questions in a descriptive systematic manner is evaluated. Questions are all read from a paper so as to maintain uniformity between all candidates. This phone interview can be very lengthy, mine took 2 hours and my interviewer was careful to write my responses down as I conveyed them. One added challenge during my phone interview was that the interviewer is from a country different than mine and discipline different than mine. This tests ability to communicate to a person from a different background.
    4) Final step of interview is the SRD (Shell Recruitment Day) which is a two day affair. Usually if you have made it that far it means that they want to hire you, and are looking for evidence that they should do so. During the first day you are taken out to dinner with some young professionals who are able to answer all your questions about the company and give you tips for your interview. Also you sit with your recruitment coordinator and play some informal games to get to know you better. The next day is a 8 am - 5 pm round of interviewing. Several tests to assess you as a person, and how you interact under pressure, as well as with others. The SRD is not something you can practice for believe me I tried. Just be yourself and make sure to speak up.
    5) Offer stage: Finally if you clear the interview process the recruitment coordinators try to match you up with the job type, and location that you want. This can take time and there are multiple discussions with asset managers before an offer is made. It is important to speak up if you have individual needs or concerns, and provisions will be made on a case by case basis.

The process takes time from start to finish it took me 3.5 months to the time I had my offer. From discussions with my HR person, I found that this was much longer than the norm. Many other posts have discussed the SRD in detail, which helped calm my nerves during my interview as I knew what I was getting into. I encourage all to apply for Shell, and wish you luck!

Interview Questions

• For me the most difficult was the group discussion, and trying to be heard. It was hard to know when to jump in and speak.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.