Shell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 23 Feb, 2018
1,340 Interview Reviews

3.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shell (Paris (France)) in June-2016.

Interview

J'ai été contactée par un cabinet de recrutement et dès le lendemain j'étais convoquée pour un entretien.
    Les deux entretiens se sont déroulés en face à face.
    Le processus d'embauche a été rapide.

Interview Questions

• Parlez-nous de votre parcours et de votre motivation pour le poste.
      Parlez-nous de votre savoir-être.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

You had to pass two online assessments and a case study. Then if you were selected you would receive a phone call and email. The assessments and case study were average difficult, make sure you read the case study thoroughly and takes notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change your methodology   Answer Question

Process Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell in February-2018.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, followed by Skype interview 2 weeks later. Questions were based on my research and internship experiences. Easy interview questions.

The position was based in a different time zone. HR would call me in the middle fo the night for scheduling the interview, inspite of being aware of this fact. Very unprofessional on their part.

Video Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

They asked me five questions, which has 2mins to prepare and 3 mins to say. The five questions are all basic behavior questions, which are not difficult. Preparation time is enough for me. But the answer time is a little short.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First was an online assessment which wasn't that difficult then there was an automated interview with unlimited attempts per question. There was plenty of time and the process was fairly simple.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

New this year for me. First 3 short assessments; mathematics proficiency, a character assessment, then a virtual interview. After that, there was a 2-hour interview which the 1st hour was about analyzing a case study they sent to me a day prior.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell.

Interview

This interview process was done online. There were five questions and you had two minutes to answer each question. The interview was done in conjunction with other assessments. Overall all it was a very simple process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell in December-2017.

Interview

After all the standard online application tests and recorded video answers a month later I got an email for a video interview. It was entirely case based, no behavioral questions. I did not find it too challenging, but it is tough in a way, because all the case questions are pre-written, and you get zero emotional or verbal feedback of how well are you answering the questions. The HR called me with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What if the cost of the project increased by this much, would you still pursue it?   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

Submit online application through shell website, followed by 2 online assessments: Part 1 competency-based questions. Part 2 decision-making and problem-solving questions. The problem-solving task is timed. Need to finish 16 numerical tests questions within 18 minutes. Pass the assessments, you will get an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Interview takes around 45 minutes. All are behavior questions. Prepare a lot of examples with details and follow STARR model.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to change your approach to something.   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in the energy industry?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Recorded video interview portion with general, behavioral questions. Followed in second round by case study analysis. Overall, it was quite painless. The second round case study analysis can be a bit tough, however, so prepare well.