Shaw Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Shaw Communications Interview Questions

Interviews at Shaw Communications

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Awkward. I didn't receive any response while talking. Since it's on phone, I cannot hear or imagine what the interviewer was doing. It was very awkward and I immediately know that I would not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It was great, very informative and thorough process. Everyone I met was very nice and really liked the experience. All was good, very very good. Shaw is a great company and would recommend to anyone to interview and see if there is a good fit.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Baltimore, MD (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Not a whole lot to report on this matter as of yet. Went really well though, would like to try again another time when I am ready and experienced. Very insightful and informative as well

Interview Questions

• Did I have previous experience?   1 Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

I applied for the job through Shaw's career page. The first interview was through the phone. The second interview was in person with the supervisor. After a few weeks, I was given a call about the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you adapted to changes at work place in the past?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Fairly easy. Looking for personality that will fit the work culture. There is possibly 2 or more Interviews before you get the job. First 2 will be with a Supervisor, then last interview will be with a Operations Manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you felt uncomfortable with a customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Met a recruiter at a university career fair, then got a phone interview right away. After the phone interview was an in-person interview. The interview process was pretty quick. Standard behavioural and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• During the phone interview, did a role play with the recruiter about a sales scenario. She asked me to sell her a pen.   1 Answer

Ecare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Vancouver, BC) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied Online.
    First had a HR screen, followed by an in person interview with two team leaders.

Interview started with a typing test on typingtest.com you get 2 attempts. They leave the room while you do this.
    They then started by telling me about themselves personally and what they like to do outside of work and then asked me to tell me about what I like outside of work.
    Followed by some behavioral and communication questions

Then finally they gave a case study with 2 scenarios and you have to answer 1. One was about a family one just moved and is looking for information on the best deal available for them . And the other a customer who is not happy about their service being interrupted. You just have to show how you would approach answering them

I never heard back from Shaw. Emailed HR two weeks after looking for an update and never got a reply from them either.

Interview Questions

• Time you had to deal with an irate customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Stressful situation at work and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Shaw Communications.

Interview

Meeting with 2 supervisors, then a friendly meeting with the Manager all in the same day. About 30 mins all in all. I shadowed before which is always helpful. Supervisors were friendly enough, I didn't take the job however due to the hours. It didn't fit my personal lifestyle with having a child.

Interview Questions

• 1. What makes you more qualified for the role compared to other candidates?
      2. How much are you willing to take?   1 Answer

B2B SMB Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Communications (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Initial phone screening interview followed by in-person with two hiring managers. Typical screen call and extremely old school in-person. Think of interview practices from two decades ago except with zero engagement. Seemed like the hiring managers weren't very experienced. Couldn't describe their management style beyond a couple buzz words. Never heard back after the interview which is a pretty subpar practice, especially for a company that promotes good internal culture.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 interviews in one day, all not too long. Then they put interviewees in groups and asked some questions, that was fun. One question was what are your favorite movies.

Interview Questions

• They were technical and behavioral questions. Technical was about email settings and bo to troubleshoot a simple TV technical issue.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.