SAIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SAIT Interview Questions

Interviews at SAIT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAIT.

Interview

I met the director through a colleague.

Interview Questions

• What are the 4 levels of Kirkpatrick's evaluation model? Which do you have most experience with.   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Recruiter called me at a time when I said I was about to enter a meeting at my current workplace. I asked to reschedule it the following day and she agreed to call me in the afternoon... Following day came and she never called me at all. I made sure my afternoon was clear of any potential conflicts in order to ensure that I could talk to her whenever she called in the afternoon. I called and left a voicemail to follow-up and never received a call back regardless.

SAIT recruiters, please be mindful when calling your selected candidates as they are also BUSY individuals who cannot sometimes answer your interview questions when you INITIALLY call. It should also be common knowledge that you should also ensure you call the specific candidate back after agreeing to it, rather than waste that person's time.

I am rather disappointed by this phone interview and recruitment experience, especially since I attended SAIT years ago. The education experience was great, but I can't say the same for its managerial operations though after this experience. I was potentially looking forward to working and helping SAIT realize its mission and support for its students, but it looks like my efforts, skills, and time will be best used elsewhere instead.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SAIT.

Interview

I had applied for a position internally as my contract was coming to an end. The recruitment specialist did not give me instructions on supplies to bring for my presentation. The hiring manager was late for the interview and he didn't make eye contact with me except when he was talking. Overall was not engaged with what I was saying and as an internal employee I thought I would even get a "thank you for applying but we will not be moving forward and would encourage you to continue applying to positions at SAIT." I was promised feedback and never got even apply update!!
    I interviewed for another admin position and to sum it up, I got speculative looks most of the time. No matter what I said, they already made up their mind before I even interviewed. What a negative experience!!

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SAIT (Calgary, AB) in September 2016.

Interview

Employee referer and got a phone call set up an interview, and meet-up and did general interviews. waited about a week or so and got a call asking when can I start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SAIT (Calgary, AB) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with an HR person & in-person interview with hiring manager and HR person. The HR person was very friendly and courteous and answered all of my questions regarding pay, benefits and perks. The in-person panel interview was stressful as all are but they made me comfortable in the interview by smiling and being very friendly.

Interview Questions

• General administrative questions (time management, organization, teamwork)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SAIT.

Interview

I had one interview all questions were behavior questions, nothing specific about qualifications and experience

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIT (Calgary, AB) in July 2012.

Interview

I only had one interview which was also on phone but second meeting was in office just to meet me and get to know me!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIT.

Interview

Basic questions. Difficult people/how do I organize / time Managment / prioritizing

Negotiation

No movement on pay or holidays.

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIT (Calgary, AB) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied over two weeks before I received a call, which was two days in advance of the scheduled interview. There were two people on the panel, the manager and HR person. 3 days after my interview they asked if they could call my references and I had an offer after they received responses. Reference check is via email and is very detailed, some of my references were unimpressed that they couldn't give verbal responses to questions, typing took longer. They also require that they be able to reach 3 references, so when it was summer and my references were not answering quickly I had to go back several jobs and ultimately had to give peer references because I ran out of supervisors to give them.

The big thing - when they gave me the offer they didn't tell me my hours were 40 hours per week. I (wrongly) assumed it was 35 hours per week (like most post-secondaries) and accepted my salary based on that assumption. I was not told office hours or the number of hours until after my contract was signed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIT in September 2008.

Interview

Behavioral Based Interview - 3 person Panel

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a good decision that you have made and an example of a decision that wasn't quite as good. What was the difference in making the two decisions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.