Route1 Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 4 interviews

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Route1 (Chattanooga, TN) in Oct 2019

Interview

Route 1 has terrible communication from bottom to top. I was initially contacted to come interview 6 months after applying and then after being asked to interview it took them 3 weeks to schedule an initial interview. Two weeks after that interview, they made me an offer. After that offer, they never sent paperwork to complete and after constantly asking what the status was, they said I needed to interview with someone else. For interviewing with that person, they didn't communicate internally that it needed to happen, but asked me to call a number where the person I got on the phone had no clue that he was supposed to talk to me. This resulted in a short call with no real clear results. After emailing back my contact, they said they would talk to them. It took them another two weeks of constant emails asking when they wanted me to talk to them to get a call without scheduling with this person, which ended up being a 10 minute call asking about my experience. This call left off with no real direction. 3 weeks later, which at this point is two months after their initial asking me to interview, they give me an offer letter to sign which I promptly return. They then a week later sent me papers to print and fill out for employment. Admittedly my handwriting is bad and I told them this, but they considered the application incomplete because of my handwriting and asked for more information than I was happy with anyways. After them asking me to rush them back the application information, which I did email to them, they dropped communication for 3 weeks and didn't tell me that they rescinded the offer till 2 days before the start date, despite me sending 4 separate emails in this time asking the status. This company has the worst communication of any company I have ever worked with. I never put in a notice at either of my two jobs because their communication was so bad throughout that I never really thought I would ever start working for them. I feel like I dodged a bullet on them in regards to this, because if a company can rescind an offer without even notifying the person for 3 weeks, they must have such bad internal communication that nothing can be effectively done.

Interview Questions
  • They asked my background and generally didn't have a specific direction on interviewing.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Route1 (Boca Raton, FL) in Jun 2018

Interview

The interview process was fine, normal, they have a question list. The phone interview has questions about objects, inheritance, overriding, threads, some questions about spring, dependency injection, Java Message Service (JMS), et cetera. It was quit a brain dead test.

Interview Questions
  • What is Deadlock?
  • What is the ultimate superclass in Java and tell its methods?
  • What is method overloading and method overriding?
  • Can you override a private or static method in Java?
  • Explain Beans in Spring?
  • Spring beans are thread safe?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Route1 (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2014

Interview

A fairly long C++ programming test, 15 questions, to be completed in 30 to 45 minutes. The test included quite a few features of the language that any sensible developer would look up instead of trying to memorize. There were also some that were kind of silly, like finding ways to optimize a search through an unsorted list.

Interview Questions
  • The following code creates an unnecessary temporary variable. How would you change it to be more efficient? C++ code that searches an unsorted list...
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Route1 (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2014

Interview

@ step interview. First the hiring manager will take a interview. then CTO will take final interview. Both are technical. All the question will be related to Switch, router, Firewall and Load balancer related.

Interview Questions
  • mostly was firewall related. one of it was, What is hit counter?
RSS Feed</>Embed