Rocket Science VFX Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 10 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rocket Science VFX

Rocket Science VFX

Application

I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX

Interview

It was a chill interview. I was not interviewed by a group of people. It did not take long . No tech questions. The person who interviewed me was nice to talk with

Interview Questions
  • why you wanna be a lighter
    Answer Question

Rocket Science VFX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX

Interview

Very straight forward, but definitely tried to negotiate down. Overall the process was quick and easy. The focus was on their potential for leverage as opposed to trying to sell the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rocket Science VFX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX

Interview

I made TWO appointments for a phone interview - BOTH of which were blown off, simply ignored by the employer. Beware this place. COMPLETLY unprofessional (in my experience).

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I went into this interview knowing that it wasn't really my first opportunity of interest. That opinion was based on the negative reviews on Glassdoor as well as from personal warnings from friends who had worked at Rocket Science before and left because of the political issues. I actually felt an unwelcoming vibe from my very first interaction with the HR lady I had been corresponding with. It was the oddest thing being given a dirty look because i said yes when she offered me a drink of water. The rest of the interview was fairly standard in that they told me about the company, what the job entailed etc. The issues came when we were going over my reel. I come from an animation background and so no, my work is not all tailored to visual effects. It felt like all my interviewer did was tell me what I lacked, implying that I don't offer them enough skills for the position. Little to no positive feedback. I'm great with constructive criticism generally but this was not constructive. A fair waste of time in fact if they really didn't think that I was qualified, however, i'm sure the interview style was a business tactic to lower one's value so that they can lowball you if they do provide an offer. In anycase, it was a clear indication to me that I would probably be set up to fail at this workplace. This kind of treatment really only comes from insecure, dictating individuals. Fortunately I have enough work experience to know that I am competent. I also went into that interview with one excellent offer, and a second in the works from another company, so anything they said rolled right off of me. I am writing this review for those who are maybe coming out of school, who are struggling to find their first job, because those are the people that this kind of behaviour will mostly affect. Never allow people to shed any of your confidence and always demand proper treatment regardless of your level. Know your worth. Good luck.

Interview Questions
  • What brought you to this company?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2018

Interview

Very welcomed. I got there earlier. There was the Production Manager. Compositing lead and HR at the interview. They asked me general questions, very welcoming experience. Tham and Maddee are great and key to the company.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about RSVFX? What is your specialty? What is your favorite TV shows or movies?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2018

Interview

They are nice. Basically just tell them your demo. How did you do that, what is the process? Introduce yourself. Are you able to work with others? Then they introduce their company.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rocket Science VFX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX in Jan 2017

Interview

I applied online. Got email a week later to go in for an interview. I met with the head of the department, HR, and a producer. HR called back a few days later with a counter offer, it was much lower than my expectation so I declined.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about previous experience, the demo, and salary expectations.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2016

Interview

There were two interviews with HR and the leads and it went really well, friendly and respectful. Went over my reel, they asked me about my shots, some technical questions and a few other things i can't remember at this point.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON) in May 2016

Interview

Interview process was great! Met with two supervisors who were very friendly and interested in chatting about my past work history, my expectations for the job and what I felt I wanted to do work-wise. They made a stressful situation actually enjoyable. They talked about how the company was growing and going through some challenges related to expanding, but interested in new ideas to make the company stronger.

Interview Questions
  • Could I do more than one type of task?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rocket Science VFX (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2016

Interview

The Interview went really smooth. There were three people doing the interview at the same time. They asked about my background, and my strengths. They told me that a few projects were coming along and that they needed a person that could do different things. Basically they were assembling a team for the new projects.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me if I knew rigging.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews