Redington Ltd. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Redington Ltd. Interview Questions

Interviews at Redington Ltd.

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

3 stage process with each stage at the Redington offices. The first round was a face to face interview with a Vice-President or Senior Vice-President around your background and reasons why you are interested in this industry/firm. Second round was three back to back interviews, with two of them being two senior employees interviewing you on more technical questions and the third interview with an HR employee on skills and competencies. Final round was one last face to face interview with the head of department and a presentation (which you prefer beforehand) to several members of the team followed by questions.

Interview Questions

• What will happen to the assets and liabilities of a pension scheme if interest rates fell?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Two people interview you, one recent graduate and someone more senior. Ask specific pension questions i.e. difference between db and dc pensions and then some rogue ones such as, how many ways can you use a brick.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied to this firm online in October 2017 and didn't hear back about a video interview until January 2018. The video interview was fairly simple (the one that caught me off-guard was 'describe standard deviation in layman's terms'), and heard back nearly 2 months later about an assessment centre. This stage was comprised of a 2:1 interview, 5 minute presentation about yourself, and group exercise, all fairly standard stuff though the interview was more technical than I was expecting (practice market sizing and read up about the pensions industry). The final round was 2 back to back interviews with senior members of the team and it was just laid-back conversation really. The process was fine I suppose but took absolutely ages from application to final decision (too dragged out for a small firm IMO) and their feedback (which I had to chase up) was a bit questionable.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between defined benefit and defined contribution?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Was very uplifting. Everyone that I came in contact with was very nice, from the receptionist to the Vice President. They made me feel comfortable when starting the interview (offering me tea or coffee). I was interviewed by a Vice President and a member of the graduate scheme, which made the interview a lot less nerve racking. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a straightforward process that consisted of a short presentation and then being asked questions. The presentation you prepare beforehand and is about yourself, fairly open ended. The rest of the interview was general competency questions, industrial knowledge and reasonable deduction questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you calculate the number of McDonald's restaurants in the United Kingdom?   Answer Question
    • What would happen to a companies assets and liabilities if the inflation rates increased?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. It was a 2 step process meeting initially with the hiring manager and then with the hiring manager's manager. The process was spread over 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with an example of a new idea/initiative you recently introduced.   Answer Question
    • What interests you about the role?   1 Answer
    • How do you like to be managed?   1 Answer

Investment Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

The whole process was more than 3 months. I applied in October 2018, did online tests and video interview in November and December. The assessment center was in early February, 2019. Overall, the experience was amazing. On the assessment day, interviewees had the opportunity to meet current employees and learn about their current roles. Everyone was nice and friendly. After 2 days, the company emailed about the final interview. Though I didn't make it to the final, I really enjoyed the experience. Redington provided a constructive feedback shortly after, which is extremely helpful for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• - A 5 minute presentation about yourself
      - A group case study
      - A 2:1 interview: definitely do research about the industry to have basic understanding.   Answer Question

ALM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online in Dec, 2017 and revived the interview invitation on Jan 2018. It was an online interview that ask all kinds of statistic questions, which was not the common online questions. A good understanding of statistics and use it to solve real life problems is important.

Interview Questions

• Interview was purely statistics based questions, the first 2/3 is multiple choices and final part was solving questions as well as recording the video.   1 Answer

ALM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Redington Ltd..

Interview

A video interview for the graduate position. Nine mathematical questions. They ask the questions and give you 3 mins to read. After that you video yourself and answer the questions. Some of the questions are about probabilities. Some are about the calculation of investment return. The last ones are more difficult than the beginning ones.

ALM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Redington Ltd. (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

1. the online CV and 5 reasons why you apllied;
    2. online video test of mathematics skills;
    3. then I was invited to London for onsite interview;

2 part each 30 mins;
    1. math tests, i think i didnt do well;
    2. competency questions. 2 work colleagues in the similar background with you + HR.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.