Precima Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 4 Dec, 2018

3.2

Sort:

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Precima.

Interview

Started with HR screening, and followed by a phone interview with a team member from R&D department. They are very nice and explained the questions very patiently. The phone interview with the team was a behavior-and-technical interview. They asked questions based on your resume and experiences.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Precima (New Orleans, LA (US)) in June-2016.

Interview

Technical in terms of analysis but emphasis on client communication. most of the time the more advanced stuff is left for later in the process. either way it came off as impressive. other than that, this was a normal interview with a friendly hiring manager. this was for a consultant

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precima in November-2016.

Interview

first phone interview (screening). That was very easy. Just talking about my background and graduation date. She talked about the company.
    After two weeks, they contacted me from Canada and scheduled another phone interview with their scientist.

Interview Questions

• three questions about regression (what is R^2, what is p-value, what is VIF)
      three OR questions (given a feasible solution, how could you tell me about its optimality condition. two questions about logical constraints).
      One logical puzzle.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Precima (Chicago, IL (US)) in February-2017.

Interview

Applied online and about two weeks later got a call from HR, basic questions about my background. Then scheduled a one hour long phone interview with one of their data scientist.
     They are either doing super advance machine learning or they do not know machine learning at all. When I say super advance, I mean they are going to create their own machine learning algorithms, which I highly doubt based on the questions he asked, very basic statistics questions, like linear regression, model assumption, collinearity etc.
    It feels like the interviewer is from mechanical engineering background, if you want to pass the interview, refresh your statistics knowledge with a book like "statistics for mechanical engineering", the statistical questions he asked are very typical mechanical engineering statistics, like linear regression, survival analysis(which is called reliability analysis in mechanical engineering area), simulation. From the conversation, I call tell the SAS procedures they use a lot are pro reg, proc glm, proc logistics, proc fastclus, proc lifetest and proc phreg.

Interview Questions

• Assumptions of linear regression, survival analysis.
      What is VIF and how to calculate it?
      Basic clustering question.
      linear programming.
      optimization
      3 brain teaser questions:
      1. burn two ropes.
      2. bacteria double it self every minute, 100 minutes to fill a cup for one bacteria, how long does it take for two bacteria
      3. 10 machines produce coins, one of them is broken. how to use one scale to find out which with only one measure.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Precima.

Interview

An HR contacted me regarding a Data Scientist opening at Precima. He scheduled a phone interview with me which was just basic screening. I was then contacted for another round of phone interview with their Data Science team leader. This interview consisted of a mix of technical and logical questions. The questions were very straight forward and I think I did well but a week later I got a reject from this. When I asked for feedback it looked like they were more aligned to hire a PhD. candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is k means clustering?
      What do you understand by Durbin Watson test?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

The HR emailed me two months after we talked on a career fair at school, and made a technical phone interview appointment. Two data scientists talked me on phone. I have not received any feedback yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Econometrics questions. Linear regression. Assumptions. VIF, R2, collinearity, constant variance, dependent variables, etc.   Answer Question
    • Any data relevant project/work experience.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Precima (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November-2015.

Interview

HR reached me out for a phone interview. Then, they scheduled two phone interviews. Finally, they invited me to the in person interview scheduled in Informs conference. I took an exam. It was kind of an interactive exam. Then, I presented my work that I did in my research.

Interview Questions

• Regression questions. Statistical questions. Some optimization questions. Brain teaser questions.   Answer Question

Consultant, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Precima (Chicago, IL (US)) in April-2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with TA and another with a member of the team I was to join, followed by an 1.5 hour in-person interview. I was contacted within 1 business week about next steps.

The overall interview was not overly rigorous, but the types of questions tend to be on the difficult side. Depending on the role a candidate is interviewing for the questions can be very technical or require the interviewee to walk though how they would approach a specific business problem.

Additionally, particular departments have different "knowledge tests" they give to candidates, depending on the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal working environment?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the world of "Big Data"?   Answer Question
    • How would you solve for pricing and promotion in a retail or B2B setting with big data? What distinguishes the two approaches from each other? What do they have in common?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Precima.

Interview

Applied through friends refer. My background doesn't match well for their business. Get a phone call from their technical team and ask mostly technical questions. The phone interview lasts for 30 minutes. Didn't get an offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Ask fundamental questions about statistics such as definition of i.i.d.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Precima (London, England (UK)) in January-2017.

Interview

One of the agencies found me from Linkedin and I had an interview with the hiring manager which I answered everything and I was more than suitable for the role and both the agency& hiring manager stated my background and everything fits perfectly but the hiring manager believed my English would not be enough for the role since the role requires to talk in the phone which is ridiculous because the first interview was a phone interview and they invited me to a face to face interview anyway. If they did not like my English while talking in the phone why bother to invite?

Interview Questions

• experience questions: what is you experience and how it relates to the job description?
      Have you ever had a client faced role?
      What excites you about the role?
      Do you know Precima? Do you have experience in Retail?
      Do you have experience on printed marketing ( leaflets, coupons etc.)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.