Point Grey Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Point Grey Research Interview Questions

2.3

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Vancouver, BC) in June-2016.

Interview

The first round interview lasted about an hour and was mostly pertaining to my resume and previous work experience. There were a few technical questions about OOP.
    The second round interview lasted 2 hours, the first of which was with the development team. I was asked a few programming questions and asked to solve whiteboard problems. The problem was not anything shocking, definitely something a programmer would have encountered in school or online. The second half of the interview was with the management team. They mostly asked me more detailed questions about my work history.
    I had a very positive experience. Everyone I met with or spoke to at Point Grey was very professional and friendly. It seems that they have a solid process in place for talent acquisition.

Interview Questions

Point Grey Research Response

13 Jun, 2016 – Recruiter

We appreciate you sharing your experience about your interview process. Although there wasn't an offer we are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Best of luck in your endeavours!... More

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in June-2016.

Interview

The interview process was standard: phone interview, basic in-person interview, in-depth in-person interview. The basic interview revolved around my resume and general programming knowledge. The in-depth interview was split into two parts. The first part was with the software team and it involved some general programming knowledge questions and then two whiteboard programming questions. The second part of the interview was with some of the management team and it involved taking a deeper dive into my experiences and asking me some hypothetical questions.

The staff were all very helpful throughout the entire process, even giving me pointers into what I might want to check out to further understand some topics that I felt unsure about. All in all, the process was very professional and an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What is an interface?
      What is an abstract class?   1 Answer

13 Jul, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your interview experience and glad you decided to join the Point Grey team.

Web Developer Interview

Interview

A 1-hour interview with two interviewers at their HQ in Richmond, BC, Canada. They asked questions mostly concerning your resume and some questions regarding their web development project. The interview was very laid back, and the interviewers provided insight on their areas of work and very interesting information on their company.

Interview Questions

Point Grey Research Response

18 Apr, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks very much for your feedback and we are happy that you had a pleasant interview experience. It looks like we were lucky enough to hire you on. That is great. Congrats!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in March-2016.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. First a phone screen with someone from HR, then straight to a technical interview with who I'd be working with. I was impressed with how short of a time it was between phone screen and decision. In the end I was not chosen for the position, but I thought the process was very well suited for the position.

Interview Questions

Point Grey Research Response

18 Apr, 2016 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks so much for your feedback on your interview. We are glad you had a good experience. Hope you will continue to consider Point Grey again down the road.

Software Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in April-2016.

Interview

There are 3 interviewers: a senior developer, QA engineer, and junior developer.

The duration of the interview is an hour.
    For the first 10 minutes, they asked behavioural questions. For the next 20 minutes, their questions focus on my technical knowledge in object oriented programming.
    For the rest of the time, they asked me to talk about the projects I have worked on. They sometimes asked questions while I explained each project.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural Qs: How do you keep things organized such as your past programming projects?

Technical Qs: What is inheritance?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in October-2016.

Interview

Very casual and pleasant. Met with my prospective manager as well as two other members of the team. Asked about general experience in programming and hardware, as well as what technical experience I had with projects. One or two questions expanded on my personality and interests. Most of the process involved giving me problem solving situations and analyzing my thought process and solutions; they would provide hints or additional information if I got stuck. The whole process took around 40 minutes.

TEMPORARY ASSEMBLER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in April-2016.

Interview

Met with 5-6 individuals at the same time. Lots of questions about whether or not one would be ok with repetitive work. And of course whether or not you're willing to learn how the production process works. While most interviewers were good, one particularly stood out as being rude and unprofessional (texting during interviews). Turns out he's one of the managers. It is perhaps insulting when one that represents the company cannot extend 30 minutes of professionalism during a job interview process. I left the place with a sour taste and cannot imagine myself working there.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with repetitive work? (eg. Soldering, stamping etc.)   Answer Question

25 Apr, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing this. This gives us the chance to remind our managers that being on the phone isn't proper protocol. It seems like this is pretty obvious but sometimes even the best of people... More

Firmware Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in March-2016.

Interview

I was called into their office in Richmond for an interview after applying through the university co-op program. Was interviewed by two people from the team I applied for - both interviewers were friendly and were easy to talk to. The entire interview was very relaxed. They replied the same day after the interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my experiences listed on my resume   1 Answer
    • Basic C/C++ questions   1 Answer

19 Jul, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank for sharing your interview experience. We are happy that you decided to join our team!

Software Applications Co-op Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Point Grey Research (Richmond, BC) in May-2016.

Interview

The interview was casual. It was a panel interview with three individuals; the Co-op student I might be replacing, my possible boss, and my possible bosses boss.

It was lead by my possible bosses boss, and they mostly inquired about my resume and projects. The process was not as nerve-racking as expected. During the interview, the individuals gave verbal feedback on my answers, and also nodded to show they followed my story, which was nice.

Overall a pleasant interview. If I could do it again I would prepare more examples and stories from my resume (and redo the written portion).

Interview Questions

• They ended the interview with two programming questions.   1 Answer

22 Jun, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.