PlayStation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

PlayStation Interview Questions

Interviews at PlayStation

2.7

Developer/Publisher Relations Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

I was told through back channels that I didn’t get the job because I was not a woman, minority, or LGBT. Not the only time I’ve heard this about Sony’s new, woke, illegal, hiring practices. I’m fine losing a job to someone more qualified than myself, but the whole point of this “culture change” is to find the best person for the job, regardless of their looks, and I know for a fact that’s not what happened here. Fix your culture the right way, not through quotas and wasting time of qualified people.

Oh, and I am a minority that happens to look more Caucasian than anything else, so nice job assuming my ethnicity.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

Applied online followed by hr screen and manager phone interview. Manager was looking for specific experience and I was looking for more broad position so both sides felt the mismatch.

Interview Questions

• What type of process have you used in the past to manage projects?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Seamless, professional, and friendly. The recruiter did a great job of coordinating everything. I interviewed with 3 sets of people and was made an offer almost immediately. I interviewed on a Friday and accepted the offer the Monday after. Interview questions were pretty straight forward. No weird curveballs.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I have just started interviewing with Playstation, so far it goes smooth. Recruiter is very helpful and responds very quickly to my emails. Currently I am preparing for the technical phone interview.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

8/4/2020
    Received interest letter from Technical Recruiter. Phone screen arranged for 8/7/2020

8/7/2020
    Did not receive a phone call; reached out to the recruiter. Phone screen was reschedule for 8/11/2020 with Sr. Manager Software QA Engineering

8/11/2020
    Phone interview with Sr. Manager Software QA Engineering went well. Questions and inquiries regarding QA background methodology, experiences and handling scenarios for test cases and test suites for different environments and projects, etc.
    -Results: It went very well. Received an invite from Tech. Recruiter to a WebEx interview (panel) for 8/14/2020

8/14/2020
    WebEx Panel Interview itinerary:
    9:45am-10:30am PDT: Sr. Soft. Dev In Test
    Questions: My experience in testing, writing cases, defect finding, etc.
    Results? Pretty good
    10:30am-11:15am PDT: QA Lead
    Questions: Regarding past experience at Sony projects, tools, testing, etc.
    Results? Very good
    11:15am-12:00pm PDT: Staff SDET
    Questions: Regarding testing process, technologies used, code exercise (surprising as the position mentioned no programming involved ; see job description)
    Results? minor issue debugging proposed code question "Find the largest value in array". I could have done better with more time I suppose
    12:00pm-12:30pm PDT: Sr. Manager SQA Engineering
    Questions: Regarding ownership of manual testing, testing outside of boundaries of Test cases", etc
    Results? Pretty good. Also, considering we had a great transparent and professional discussion regarding my past roles with PlayStation when we spoke previously just 3 days prior. Dialogue went very well some more.
    12:30pm-1:15pm PDT: Director (this was a surprising announcement by Sr. Manager Software QA Engineering at the end of our discussion as it was not on the original invite agenda. I thought it was a good sign?...)
    Questions: Writing test cases and finding defects to “simulate the customer experience”; how to write test cases to “mimic experiences”
    Results: Very good. A professional and agreeable conversation.

8/18/2020
    Received phone call from Technical Recruiter that my application and review was being processed and to please be patient. They would get back to me.

8/26/2020
    Received a phone call from Technical Recruiter I was not considered for the position. When I inquired what areas troubled them and where I could improve, I was not given a clear answer.

I usually don't write these, but I am only doing this because my conscience is bothering me as something smells fishy. First, I have worked for the company two other times in contract roles. My education, references, skills are transparent. I was able to give specifics during interview conversions and questions demonstrating knowledge of internal use of resources, tools, procedure and understanding of the role. Second (and I usually don’t “believe in this”), but I have a strong feeling the team is not inclusive. There was a very obvious ethnic similarity between 4 out of the 5 people that interviewed me. As of today 9/16/2020, the posting for the role is still up.

Interview Questions

• see above description regarding questions.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PlayStation (Aliso Viejo, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The first interview was with the hiring manager. It was just a background check and a few technical questions. I think they are not that capable to judge any candidate.

Interview Questions

• What did you do as a network engineer in your previous job?
      Very Very deep dive in MPLS. BGP questions and few questions on routing.   1 Answer

Game Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The first interview went well. It was via phone and lasted maybe 20 minutes. I was asked a series of questions pertaining to my knowledge of game testing and how I troubleshoot problems.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about the position of game test analyst?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PlayStation (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The process was straight forward. Phone screen with recruiter.. very dull. Then spoke to a HM on the team. Asked me JavaScript/Web questions and scenarios verbally. Cool guy, great learning experience.

Interview Questions

• What would your process be like to check what is slowing down your webpage?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PlayStation.

Interview

I received an email for a 30 min phone interview with a recruiter not long after I applied. I scheduled time on her calendar and also replied directly to her email to say thanks for reaching out. At the time of the interview no one called. I waited and checked my email, but no call or email. I emailed the recruiter to see if she wanted to reschedule, but still no response after several days. I would expect better behavior considering covid-19, but I guess some people will use this as an opportunity to disregard people even more.

Software Development Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Interview

I broadly categorize SDET jobs into two buckets. Companies that expect you to have developer-level skills and treat you as such, and companies that don't. Based on interview, this company definitely does not, which is fine for most people but not for others.

HR interview led to a take-home project. The take-home project had several questions and diagrams that didn't make sense architecturally, but you could eventually puzzle out the writer's intentions.

The remote interview was done on collabedit. The questions were simple but the interviewer nitpicked syntax instead of algorithmic correctness, and was combative about it to boot. Collabedit isn't a compiler so it was a strange thing to emphasize.

Overall, I thought the experience didn't measure up to that of other companies I've interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.