Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions

Interviews at Pier 1 Imports

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Got a call within a week about a job. Was asked standard questions about previous jobs, customer service and my biggest take away from my last job. After passing the phone interview, they asked me to come in the next day for an in person interview. During this portion, the manager and I acted out how I would approach, help and advise customers on various topics. I was asked to create an ideal sunroom featuring the furniture in the store and was asked to lead the manager around and tell him why I picked each one, and what they would add to the room individually.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Easy basic retail interview. Relaxed and fun. Later an hour and has background check. Had second interview after that. Very excited about the position. They had a lot to offer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Hiring process was very straight forward. It consisted of a brief "tell me about yourself" then the general 'this is what we expect from this position'. I was offered the position on the spot.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Manager, 2nd interview in person with department leaders, then interview with direct supervisor. The interview process was in line with current trend for hiring and onboarding potential candidates. Overall it was a very easy process. Not much room for salary negotiation. Promise of overtime to make up the difference in salary requirements.

Senior Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I had a wonderful phone screen interview. The interviewer expressed their interest afterwords and was told I would hear back shortly. However, I was ghosted even after following up with HR. This was handled very unprofessionally considering the role. This was a major red flag and I am glad to have avoided it.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Tell me about yourself. Asked for details into certain projects.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online. I waited a week with no response so I physically walked into the store and spoke to the manager. We scheduled an interview for a few days later. The interview was casual with questions about my past positions and customer service experience. I used the STAR method to answer the behavioral questions and did very well. Then the manager asked me to sell her a table. She called me back two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help a customer make a decision.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to multitask.   1 Answer
    • What was your favorite part of your internship?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. We interviewed at one of the dining room tables on the sales floor. The whole process is pretty straight forward. Regular interview type; with some questions about what your strong suits are and where are your weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions. Where you want to see yourself in 5 years but they actually care about the response.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Easy and quick and simple, I was hired during the holiday (november) season and there was a shortage of staff . Not sure how the process during the regular year/ off season (i think they don't f=hire during that time). The process took about 2 weeks and training took about 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online through a job board. Received email to set up an initial phone interview. I was then called to come onsite for a one on one interview. I interviewed with a Floor Coordinator then was chosen for a second interview with the Supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you know about Pier 1?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Cheektowaga, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I apply at the official site. I got a call for a physical interview a few days later. The day after the interview they called me that the job was mine.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.