Phillips 66 Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 281 of over 281 interviews

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Phillips 66

Featured Interview

Phillips 66

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in Feb 2020

Interview

Very friendly. They really want you to succeed so they make the interview very comfortable. They are also very qualified for their interviews, as the interviewers have been trained to give you the best possible interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about an experience the made you step out of your comfort zone.
    1 Answer

Phillips 66

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66

Interview

The interview process involves a discussion of your background and then answering some behavioral questions using the STAR-situation, task, action, result method. Interviews are typically done in panels. Knowledgeable and nice employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about the ways in which you have worked with group members to develop new and innovative ideas to solve business problems. Give me a recent example.

Phillips 66

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phillips 66 in Apr 2022

Interview

Completed a “Hireview” video interview, which was odd. Got a call two days later to interview by phone. Two days after the phone interview I was called to have a interview at corporate office. Offer was made two days later.

Interview Questions
  • Have you and a manager ever had a conflict and how did you settle it?

Phillips 66

Application

I interviewed at Phillips 66

Interview

30 minute behavioral interview one on one interview with process engineer with time for questions at end. Asked mostly about past experience. Interview was conducted virtually as middle of covid year.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Phillips 66

Application

I interviewed at Phillips 66

Interview

Asian lady was more concerned with my attire , jewelery and chest. I cut it short and walked out. I've been interviewed by insecure females before. I can't believe this app wants thirty works

Interview Questions
  • Why would I stay in property tax for my whole career. She job hopped. She wasn't going to be able to teach anything cuz her ego was too big .

Phillips 66

Application

I interviewed at Phillips 66

Interview

Only had one interview and was turned down because of GPA. Understandable but disappointing. They were friendly and intelligent. The discussions were strong and back and forth. I felt the process was cut short for some numbers that will never matter again after my first year in the industry.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us of a time when you had a conflict with a coworker and what you did to resolve it?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Bartlesville, OK) in Mar 2022

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, and all questions that were asked were behavioral questions. At the end they will answer every and any question you could come up with.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a situation in which a peer came to you and needed assistance.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Houston, TX)

Interview

1 initial round with employees on the outreach team, then an interview with the potential supervisor for the role you applied. They asked about prior experience and the usual open ended personality questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Houston, TX)

Interview

The interview was fair. The questions were entirely situational. There were not any technical questions. I would say there were roughly 6 situational questions. There were 2 interviewers as well.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time that you had a disagreement with a coworker and how did you resolve it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Houston, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR to establish you have a pulse followed by a ~15 minute HireVue session where you have to record video answers to pre-set questions. I found the use of HireVue for experienced engineers to be insulting, degrading, and incredibly prone to discrimination. Sad P66's HR has gotten so lazy they rely on something used to weed out cashiers at Walmart. Your HireVue recording will go directly to the hiring manager who then shortlists candidates for in-person interviews. In person interview is a panel setup w/ hiring manager and a handful of relevant folks on the team or asset. Standard behavioral questions & prodding of your technical and soft skills. Unfortunately I got the canned response of denial a few weeks later despite positive in-person feedback at the interview. Later found out P66 has a nasty habit of interviewing external candidates only to fill the position with an internal hire - which was the case here. Says a lot about a company if they are going to degrade you with a HireVue interview, call you in during a weekday for an in-person interview, and subsequently hire an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Phillips 66 (Houston, TX) in Jan 2022

Interview

Had 3 interviews, and one was a panel interview. A total of 5 people interviewed me in a conference room, all in person. They took turns asking me questions and some were repetitive.

Interview Questions
  • How are you with reports? What types of reports did you provide?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 281 Interviews