Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

2.9

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 technical managers. interview ran for about 2 hours or a little over. Half behavioural half technical questions, about 6-8 questions each. atmosphere was relaxed and it almost became a conversation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake, and how did it affect others/team   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First you need to apply online on company website if your resume gets select then you can proceed for telephonic interview then one on one technical interview which may have more than one round depending upon number of candidates and finally the HR interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

online aptitude test, 1 hr interview, in-house aptitude test to validate you were the person who did 1st one, reference check. Interviewers were two senior nuclear operator managers. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you improved a process or design?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest challenge you ever faced in the workplace?   Answer Question

Nuclear Operator In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Ontario, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Skype interview with two operators, in what seemed to be someone's home and not black-and-white office I'd expect. They were sitting right in front of the window, so I couldn't see their non-verbal responses too good. Not sure if intentional. Looks like they were not wearing anything fancy, just semi-formal sweaters and jeans. No three-piece suit for sure.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked to respond with real life examples, not "if I were i'd do this" hypothetical stuff. Which is kinda hard for a trainee candidate but ok. Again take this review with a grain of salt because I think I didn't make the cut.

The interview consisted of two parts, your usual "describe us when you had this situation and what did you do about it", safety attitude questions, STAR format mostly.

The second part was technical questions, what is kilowatt-hours, what's convection-vs-conduction. No questions regarding previous operating experience, unfortunately. I was prepared to go into great detail about my co-op and lab experience, just to show that I'm interested in a career as an operator. They seem to be more interested in a solid groundwork in technical knowledge and interpersonal communication skilllset.   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Darlington, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I interviewed at OPG in March and recieved an offer in May. Basic Behavioral interview. Applied online through their portal and recieved a call for an interview in March.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Great process, involved a phone interview, then an in-person. Once the in-person was complete, a fairly lengthy background check (which makes sense). The overall process was seamless and was a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee in Whitby, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Whitby, ON) in March 2015.

Interview

-Behavior Interview 1-1.5 hours
    -Very structured
    -A lot of questions are asked based on situations and required to provide examples
    -More questions are asked based on your answers
    -2 People from the company interviewed.
    -References get checked after

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Situational Based examples etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarington, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Clarington, ON) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through the college website. Only phone interview and no face to face interview. Long waiting for background check. Need to pay for translating the documents. They contacted to the previous supervisor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON) in January 2015.

Interview

Waited in cafeteria with coffee and cookies to talk with current interns. Called into interview with two senior engineers. Given presentation on administrative questions. Have your security documentation ready for the HR people at the front desk, it will speed up the process. If you are offered another job, email HR and they may respond to you about job offerings more quickly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON) in November 2018.

Interview

Very professional and quick interview. Questions asked were purely behavioral. Some questions regarding my resume and CV were also made. The key is to remain confident and clearly define your role and the impact of your role in whatever situation you are describing to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about OPGs nuclear situation and powerplants?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.