Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Ontario Power Generation Interview Questions

Interviews at Ontario Power Generation

2.8

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Darlington, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I interviewed at OPG in March and recieved an offer in May. Basic Behavioral interview. Applied online through their portal and recieved a call for an interview in March.

Nuclear Operator In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Ontario, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Skype interview with two operators, in what seemed to be someone's home and not black-and-white office I'd expect. They were sitting right in front of the window, so I couldn't see their non-verbal responses too good. Not sure if intentional. Looks like they were not wearing anything fancy, just semi-formal sweaters and jeans. No three-piece suit for sure.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked to respond with real life examples, not "if I were i'd do this" hypothetical stuff. Which is kinda hard for a trainee candidate but ok. Again take this review with a grain of salt because I think I didn't make the cut.

The interview consisted of two parts, your usual "describe us when you had this situation and what did you do about it", safety attitude questions, STAR format mostly.

The second part was technical questions, what is kilowatt-hours, what's convection-vs-conduction. No questions regarding previous operating experience, unfortunately. I was prepared to go into great detail about my co-op and lab experience, just to show that I'm interested in a career as an operator. They seem to be more interested in a solid groundwork in technical knowledge and interpersonal communication skilllset.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

online aptitude test, 1 hr interview, in-house aptitude test to validate you were the person who did 1st one, reference check. Interviewers were two senior nuclear operator managers. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you improved a process or design?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest challenge you ever faced in the workplace?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

First you need to apply online on company website if your resume gets select then you can proceed for telephonic interview then one on one technical interview which may have more than one round depending upon number of candidates and finally the HR interview.

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 technical managers. interview ran for about 2 hours or a little over. Half behavioural half technical questions, about 6-8 questions each. atmosphere was relaxed and it almost became a conversation at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made a mistake, and how did it affect others/team   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pickering, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Pickering, ON).

Interview

Basic interview process. Questions were mainly behavioral and also with some asking about your knowledge of the organization/position. The interview was conducted by 2 panel members, both taking turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in a difficult situation, and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Very open, freely shared info on the position and the environment.. A very clear process even included a map to find the specific location.. It was a very large complex

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Applied online through the portal. Received an email scheduling a phone interview. Heard back in a week and accepted the job offer. Interview was very easy highlighting on past experiences.

Nuclear Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation.

Interview

Start to finish about 6 months.

online aptitude test > interview > offer .

I recommend anyone who gets an interview to start the security clearance right away, it takes a while to get authorized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time at work that _____________ happened.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ontario Power Generation (Ottawa, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a Skype interview and consisted of both behavioural and technical questions. Interviewed by two people who were very nice and made me feel comfortable. I am not sure if I did well in the interview but The interviewers made me feel calm

Interview Questions

• Explain transient stability and the cause of power drop in transmission lines   Answer Question
    • What is a circuit breaker and mention types of circuit breakers   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you stepped up and took initiative   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to go back on your work because of a feedback you received   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you made something more efficient   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an individual project you worked on outside your scope   Answer Question
    • How do you approach problem solving   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.