Nuance Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Nuance

2.6

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nuance (Toronto, ON) in December 2017.

Interview

J'ai reçu un e-mail deux mois après avoir postulé sur leur site web demandant une entrevue téléphonique. Durant celle-ci on m'a informé sur la compagnie en général puis donné rendez-vous pour un entretien technique la semaine suivante. Durant l'entrevue technique on a parlé de mes projets et expériences ainsi que des choses reliées au stage en soit.

Interview Questions

• Comment organiser de grosses librairies?   1 Answer

Qds Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview--nothing too difficult for someone with interview and work experience. The business model has changed since I interviewed, however, and I've heard that you basically only have to barely have a heartbeat to get hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

Three different interviews. One with HR, one with my potential manager, and one with a higher-up in HR. There was no technical portion, but in-depth theory and experience questions were asked. Between salary negotiation and an official offer, I had to wait about four weeks due to requiring higher-up approval than expected. All interviewing was done over the phone due to COVID.

Senior Manager, Competitive Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Did not have a good experience interviewing with Nuance. Was repeatedly given very mixed messages and found recruiter to be flaky and unresponsive. Spent about 2 months, from initial phone screen with recruiter to final round interview. Along the way, the recruiter changed a phone screen on me with no explanation. Following a positive phone interview with the hiring manager and another person on the team, I was left hanging for a week and a half by the recruiter, who then explained to me that her son was sick. Really??

I was then invited in for an in person interview with four people, including the hiring manager. I felt this interview went well, but following this round, I was completely ghosted by the recruiter. Left a horrible taste in my mouth and puts Nuance in a less than positive light, in my book.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, which included a short test. Got an email a few days later asking for an interview, then within the same hour got a rejection. I assumed that the first email was a mistake. A few days after, I got another email asking about an scheduling a phone interview and a link to their YouTube playlist about the company. I scheduled an interview a month out, as that was the only one I could find that fit my schedule. When I finally got the call, my interviewer was not who I scheduled with. The girl seemed a bit rushed and didn't seem to really listen to my answers. I was asked my day to day process as a medical scribe, but I had no experience as a scribe so I wasn't sure how to answer that. I talked about my previous experience as a transcriptionist, and was told that scribing was a lot different because you have to summarize, not type verbatim. At that point, I figured I was not getting the job. I was told the interviewer would talk to the head recruiter and I would hear back from then. I waited about a week and emailed the initial recruiter, and the next day was given the same generic email about being rejected that I did before.

Sales Coach Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nuance in October 2019.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and wanted to talk with me as she thought I’d be a great fit for the role. Already having a job, it was difficult to schedule a call as she was adamant that she would only schedule a call between 8:30 and 4:30, and refused to schedule during a lunch hour. After making arrangements to meet these time restrictions, we spoke and she mentioned that I’d be a great fit, however she was hesitant to move me forward as she was “concerned” that I “wouldn’t show up” for a call since it was so “difficult” to set up the initial call. She then went on to talk about how they were already far along in the hiring process, and how she was “doing me a favor” by talking to me about the position. She was extremely rude, accusatory, and highly unprofessional throughout the conversation. So much so that she completely turned me off from this organization and I asked her to remove my name from the list of possible candidates. It’s really unfortunate that she was the first point of contact for Nuance as it was a horrible representation of the organization.

Senior QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I would say worst process, called in for F2f interview but the panel was there for 1 hour.
    Acceptable as there could be traffic problems., but after that the panel started asking questions to which I gave the answers correctly (cross checked after the interview).
    But the interviewer was not convinced as he did not have python knowledge. He only wanted the answers which Google displayed.
    Cleared 2 technical rounds then managerial round... But after managerial round another guy comes in the room and start asking questions and start arguing on stuffs on which he is having less knowledge.
    I checked his profile on LinkedIn as well and found that he is having just 3 years of experience, with just half in python and automation rest was in manual.
    I mean how can you ask him to take the interview.
    After all this, HR asked me to leave for the day and after many follow up they told me my position is on hold.
    Nuance team... You need to be professional..

Interview Questions

• Python basics including data structures, oops concepts, decorators, pytest framework and Selenium basics   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nuance in September 2019.

Interview

Recruiter deemed that my 22 years of experience in product security and 12 years in cloud security in healthcare, utilities, and financial services was not the right experience for this job. Don't know if it was a genuine misinterpretation or the search criteria for the job are so esoteric that there are 3 people in the country that will match the profile. The questions heavily leaned towards what experience I have working on exactly THEIR software. Considering I have never worked there - ZERO. So, yeah, no match...

Interview Questions

• We see that you have worked in product security but can you tell me what your experience working with sensitive data is?   1 Answer

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

The interviewer reached out after I applied online. Initially scheduled a 30 minute phone interview but the recruiter rescheduled it twice without any prior notice. I was okay with that but after a week I reached out to them and there was still no response from them. I was getting really frustrated that how can they schedule an interview and then completely stop communicating after that? It was really unprofessional and I felt like it was a big crap and wasted my time.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nuance in June 2019.

Interview

You complete an assessment online, and if they like your results, you get offered a phone interview. Phone interview goes over your assessment, plans, and iScribes. I was offered a job immediately during the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.