Noble Energy Engineering - Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Engineering - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Noble Energy (Houston, TX (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

This one surprised me - in a good way. First of all I was really surprised I was even selected for an interview. I was not pre-selected but inquired the night before at the info session to try to snag one of the couple open spots. I had learned to stop being optimistic about actually getting a call back and so somewhat aloofly handed my resume just for the hell of it. I almost wasn't even gonna go to the info session and didn't even bother to dress to impress like I had been doing all recruiting season. But good thing I went! I was in luck this time - they actually wanted to interview me! Sometimes you can try your hardest to make something yours but you won't get anything until you just let it come to you.

One thing that was different for me in this interview was that there were TWO people. The senior guy pretty much asked all the questions and the young new hire just pitched in and listened. But I was really surprised at the noticeable effect it had on me, having a second person there, in terms of nervousness. I guess that's just me - for some reason I'm most comfortable and confident when it's 1-on-1.

The two guys were very humble and seemed to really care about/be interested in me as a person, and I really mean that. No one else seemed to care about my non-technical credentials but Noble really wanted to know. It definitely showed that they "care about the little guy" like me - as in a kid who doesn't have the most flashy credentials as far as previous internship experience but has alotta heart. The interview was completely NON-scripted and informal and lasted about a half-hour, with some time at the end to ask them questions. All their questions were based on my activities, volunteering and previous jobs. Simply conversational - didn't even have to come up with any elaborate, eloquent answers and no difficult questions at all.

Lastly, if their word is good, they are VERY prompt and will already let me know by next week!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about [whatever catches their eye on your resume]   Answer Question