Next Generation Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Next Generation Marketing Interview Questions

Interviews at Next Generation Marketing

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Supposedly there are over one million words in the English Language. We trimmed some fat to take away really odd words and determiners. Then we grabbed the most popular words and built this word randomizer. Just keep clicking generate—chances are you won't find a repeat!
    Random Word Games

As an exercise for English students, generate a list of ten random words and have the student write a story that incorporates those words in the order they're generated

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I did a quick apply on linkedin and was contacted the next day for an interview. They seemed to be in a rush to hire since they asked me to go to their office the next day... for only a 15 minute talk with the CEO. The second interview was a "group interview" but it's basically watching a presentation of company culture and then answering a quiz about the video.
    *this is basically a sales job where you manage booths in Costco*

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Apr. 16, 2020 – Executive Office Manager

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience with us. We can assure you that there is so much to learn when working with our company. As you know, these are trying times, and we are doing our best to support our team and our future team members. We are sorry that you had this experience with us. To tell you a little more about Next Generation Marketing Inc, we offer hands-on training, video webinars, training manuals, mentorship and much more to help our team members achieve their goals. This position is much more than just a sales position. We only promote internally and we cross-train on all positions within our company. We take a personal investment in the lives of everyone that works here. We wish you could have had the opportunity to learn more about what we're about, and we would be happy to speak with you to clear things up. Please reach out to us at info@nextgenerationmarketinginc.com. We wish you the best of luck.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

One on-site interview. I applied via a 'one-click' application, and was emailed asking me for an interview. They felt the need to remind me about it a lot, and even told me to bring a copy of my resume and to dress professionally. The whole process was very weird (their office seemed to be doing nothing except existing as a place for people to come interview at, all of the printed materials in the waiting room were info about why the company was so great to work for), and I never heard back from them after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• why I was interested in event based marketing   1 Answer

Sep. 25, 2019 – Executive Office Manager

We appreciate your feedback and would like to offer some clarity to our interview process. We like to communicate and be as clear as possible with our interviewees prior to the interview to let them focus on the interview and not the logistics of finding our office and knowing what to bring. We have heard from many of our now team members that this is helpful for them. We are also a well-established business that has been operating for nearly 14 years. We are a marketing firm with many different positions, and we use the interview process to explain our processes, but we also highly encourage interviewees to be curious and ask questions. Those interviewees that show they are eager and ready to learn are the ones that we are most excited about because that is what it takes to make it in our business. We are sorry that you did not get an email after your interview, but we see many different candidates and have a highly competitive selection process. If you would like to speak to us directly about our qualification standards and more about what we do as a company, please do not hesitate to reach out at hr@nextgenerationmarketinginc.com.

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing.

Interview

A very welcoming environment which made the interviewing process flow. The CEO meets with you during the first interview and explains how the company is based on the team. He was very friendly. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Jul. 19, 2019 – Executive Office Manager

We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with our team! If you have any questions for us, please do not hesitate to reach out at hr@nextgenerationmarketinginc.com. Thank you.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing.

Interview

I applied for the position on LinkedIn and right after that one day, I got an email to schedule an interview even It was on Sunday which is a day off for any companies. I didn't schedule an interview yet because I wanted to check the company info. On the next day which is Monday, they sent another email to remind of the interview schedule and called directly to me but I didn't know the call from them because I thought It was from some stranger.

Jul. 19, 2019 – Executive Office Manager

Thank you for reviewing our interview process. We are sorry there was confusion with our communication to you. If you would like to give us a call, we would love to personally get your feedback and explain more of what our company is all about. Please reach out to us at HR@NextGenerationMarketingInc.com.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Had a phone call asking about interest, came in to the office for first interview, then final interview. The interview process was relatively easy in its entirety but hours were long with hourly wages beginning at minimum wage. Also seemed a like a pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Jul. 8, 2019 – HR Manager

Next Generation Marketing Inc. is not a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal in the state of California and our business has been in good standing for over 13 years. There are many growth opportunities here, but we understand that this position is not for everyone. While we outline all of the requirements for growth to our incoming team members upon acceptance onto our team, our team members promote themselves. We have very high standards because we believe in the capabilities of the individuals who work, grow, and learn. If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at hr@nextgenerationmarketinginc.com.

Associate (Entry-Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn on Sunday and received a (missed) phone call and email on Monday (the next day) for a Tuesday interview. I had selected the 2pm interview time link in the email but could tell that even though the link text stated my interview time was confirmed that the link didn't actually work, so I emailed and called NGM to confirm my interview time.

NGM falsely advertised many different positions on LinkedIn; however, they were actually only hiring for one entry-level position and stated that they only promote from within so if you want another position (i.e., Management Training Program) you would have to work your way up from the Associate (Entry-Level) position. This position should be targeted to high school students based on the lower-than-Starbucks wage that they start all the entry-level associates at.

I came in at 1:50pm to complete paperwork for my 2pm interview. Two other candidates were interviewed before me so I was called in around 2:20pm. Upbeat radio rap music was playing loudly in the hall while I waited in the small waiting room for my interview. The interview was super easy. The lady looked like she would have accepted any answer. She mentioned that the company does sales events at the 55 Costcos in the Bay Area, as well as Walmart and other retail stores. Each associate has a mentor and everyone mostly works at the retail locations and are given work assignments about 2 weeks in advance. She said the fastest employee was promoted within 1 month but most employees usually take much longer to ramp up.

I told her that I was looking for a work/life balance, which she said the company offered (but not at Bay-Area living wages). She selected me (probably everyone) for a final interview the next day which included a group presentation and one-on-one sessions with paperwork. In the email after round 1, she had the candidates fill out their DISC profiles and email them back. The email also informed us to bring two forms of ID should we be hired, so I knew that they would hire everyone right away.

Overall, if you are nervous about interviewing in general, applying to jobs like this could be good practice just to get used to dressing up and being asked questions in an office setting. You hear back from them right away, too, so you can schedule the interview before you get your real offers. Other than dispelling nerves, it doesn't really help you improve your interview answer technique since none of the questions are challenging and any (appropriate) answer you give seems to be accepted.

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Feb. 11, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback about your interview with Next Generation Marketing Inc.

We aim to provide a growth-oriented company culture with opportunities for our team. We are experiencing an immense amount of growth which is why we are very focused on a clear quick interview process to ultimately be able to find the right candidates to be able to join our team.

Our training process allows our team members to promote themselves, which is a unique and rewarding experience that you cannot get anywhere else and there is no timeline on how long it does take people as everyone learns differently and we know that.

We are sorry that these opportunities did not align with your career goals. Please feel free to contact us at hr@nextgenerationamarketing.com with any additional comments or concerns.

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Came in for an interview today. They said that I would be inside of Costco, Walmart, and other retailers just selling products. Basically they just do demo's for other companies. They are sizzling the interviews and the applications to make it sound like something different. I get it they have growth and such but I will take a hard pass. Standing inside of Walmart pitching does not sound fun at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff. If you have a pulse you are hired.   1 Answer

Jan. 29, 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We do a lot more than what you stated above but appreciate all feedback on the position you specifically applied for. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and if you would like to give any other feedback please do not hesitate to reach out to our talent department directly at talent@nextgenerationmarketinginc.com

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview in general because they seemed really care about getting the right candidates. The process moved very fast and I got the job offer. However, the job is not as fancy as it sounds. So they want me to start at Entry Level which I don't mind at all but it turned out a sales rep job with commission based salary. If this is something you are not into, don't waste your time on it.

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Dec. 5, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your response. We are dedicated to finding the right candidates for our growing company. Every person in our company makes a different pay and I am sorry that you felt that we did not build enough value for your job interests. We know everyone is not a good fit for our company and we hope you find what you are looking for in your next position. If you have any more comments please do not hesitate to reach out us directly at info@NextGenerationMarketingInc.com

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Next Generation Marketing in October 2018.

Interview

Process was easy. First initial phone screening included going over general job responsibilities. The 1 on 1 interview was also fairly easy. Was asked to explain why this job position would be a match based on my previous job experience. At the end there was a more in-depth conversation about roles as well as any questions that could be answered.

Interview Questions

Next Generation Marketing Response

Oct. 29, 2018 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process! Our Hiring Manager and Talent Recruiter work very closely to select the best fit for our company. We wish you the best of luck in your job search and future endeavors. If you would like to reach out with any more comments we would love to hear from you at Talent@NextGenerationMarketingInc.com

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.