MuleSoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

MuleSoft Interview Questions

Interviews at MuleSoft

3.1

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MuleSoft (New York, NY (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

This interview process began in April where i applied for both an AE role with Salesforce and an SDR with Mulesoft. The saleforce interview progressed well, however the recruiter was terrible with communication. after 3 interviews and spending 20+ hours reviewing my notes hoping to get to the next round they delayed interviews. I followed up every month and was told in September they decided to hire internally.

Mulesoft SDR Interview:

Overall I thought it was a great interview experience, however the distrust and feedback i received was appalling.

I was asked in the interview where are my favorite places to go in NYC for food and drinks. I mentioned a local Italian restaurant and a hotel rooftop bar. The person who interviewed me then told me his favorite spot was a wild bar in the lower east side. I mentioned i didn't like the place because it was too loud but i didn't mind it!

Then i was asked what i would change about myself in college: I mentioned that i probably went out too much in college and would have probably gone out less and tried networking more with people who would have prepared me for life outside of school. Keep in mind I graduated 6 years ago.

Feedback from recruiter:

They thought you partied too hard and wouldn't be a good fit for the role. And you talked about partying in the interview. They thought you said the F word too many times in the interview ( I recorded my voice in the interview to go back and review after to make myself better and not once did I use the F bomb, i did however say "work my butt(the other word) off, excuse my language"

really appalled by the disrespect and blatant lying on the their part. If it wasn't a good fit i get it, but the feedback is just insulting.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you would change about yourself in college?   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter on LinkedIn. After an initial discussion with the recruiter I was set to complete a 1 hour interview with management and a 30 minute peer interview.

My recruiter had the incorrect date in the email, and I missed my interview. I reached out about the issue, and Mulesoft did not move forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer have to do to keep you on their team?   Answer Question

Principal Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft.

Interview

Process was fairly quick. Overall took about 2.5 weeks. Pretty standard process: 1) Recruiter screening 2) Hiring manager conversation 3) VP level conversation 4) Presentation. The presentation was on a project/customer for which I had accountability for in the past few years.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft in April 2020.

Interview

Very difficult and extremely thorough process. Initial call with recruiter, meeting with hiring manager (RVP), meeting with RVP peer (for another team, another meeting with another RVP peer, meeting with SVP (RVP bosses boss), panel mock presentation (with 2 RVP’s, AVP, SVP, and Director of SE’s). This final presentation was very challenging even though it was the product I was currently selling. The tag team question asking, multi-tiered questions, off topic questions to make me refocus the audience, challenge questions around competition/change management/reallocation of resources, etc., all made for a very difficult session that you had to be 100% prepared and 110% on your A game. Luckily I love these situations and thrive in them so while it was very hard, I actually had fun doing it.

The bar they set for hiring is very high. This makes for a tough interview process but it’s great to know they do this for everyone across all departments and functions so you know that you will be working with the best and brightest.

The process was laid out in detail for me from the start. At each stage I was given the ability to ask questions prior to the next step to make sure I was fully prepared. Their process is difficult but very fair.

As another reviewer had stated, I went from open to learning more to fully engaged in hot pursuit of this role because of how incredibly sharp the people were that I was being interviewed by.

Be prepared, be focused and be able to pivot without losing sight of your overall objectives and you should find this process to be a rewarding one.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail how you build and analyze a territory strategy, and how do you execute on that strategy? Also how, when and why would you alter the strategy?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Evan DeLuca was incredibly helpful in navigating the interview process. He helped guide me through each interviewers’ expectations and provided feedback almost immediately after each stage in the interview process. Never before have I had a recruiter make introductions to top performing reps before accepting a job. Overall, the hiring process was very enjoyable, and I was thrilled to accept the offer.

While interviewing remotely during COVID-19, I felt supported throughout the entire process and the decision to accept the offer was a no-brainer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk through previous campaigns.   1 Answer

Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process is exactly in line with what is being told by others

Round 1 : Initial screening with Recruiter
    Round 2: Interview with Peer for skill set match
    Round 3: Interview with Director
    Round 4: Panel presentation and interview with VP 3 hours long :)

It is a long gruelling process however so many things to learn and you feel so much positive at every step about you. Although I did not survive the presentation round but came very close for selection. I went wrong in predicting the time required to develop using mulesoft interfaces. I assumed their assets are robust developed and easy path for integration and development which went wrong. As a delivery manager when I read white papers and so many case studies I felt positive about mulesoft as a platform. Guess I was wrong in my assumption but certainly if this is not the case then so much for Mulesoft to improve and live up to the expectation of contributing to their assets from so many projects developed and integrated and improve the mulesoft platform and make it easier for development and integration. Never the less those were my thoughts and it did not help me to move up. But so many things to learn for both me and Mulesoft. For me, I should not have been so much positive about mulesfot platform and for mulesoft to learn is to mature their product if the implementation is difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain how do you work on day to day?
      What are challenges?
      How do you bring value?
      How do you manage clients?
      How do you manage conflicts?
      How do you implement mulesoft platform implementation and integration with workday   Answer Question

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (Reston, VA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Three rounds of interview with hiring manager, technical round and in-person pre-sales. The first round with hiring manager was straight forward, the second round was technical and the third was in-person presentation of the demo created using Mulesoft's Anypoint platform

Interview Questions

• It was all around the enterprise integration experience - messaging, SOAP, etc..   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Call with recruiter
    Call with hiring manager
    Take home exercise review
    Onsite round 1- case study, 2 interview and presentation of take home exercise
    Onsite round 2- 2 interviews with senior leadership

The recruitment process was well planned until this point but there has been no update since second onsite round despite me following up with the recruiter few times. Am absolutely ok not getting an offer but as a candidate who has gone through so many rounds , I dont think its unreasonable to expect an email saying they are not moving forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft in July 2019.

Interview

Very thorough and engaging process. Interviewed with multiple sales leaders across the country. All interviewers asked great questions and were very supportive. You can tell this is a team focused environment with a culture of feedback and continuous improvement. I went from wanting to learn more about the opportunity to making this my top choice of the companies I was evaluating because of the depth of the process and the great people I met throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Career progression, deal strategy, and how to sell the value of a premium product.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MuleSoft (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Recruiter call > Designer manager call > Portfolio review > Full day on-site > Offer

Pretty long process, 1 week between each step. Recruiters were not very informational / professional. I found it hard to communicate with them. Hence I was not really looking forward to the on-site.

However, the design and PM team at Mulesoft were very friendly and kind folks! I throughly enjoyed my on-site experience and speaking with each of them. I believe design is set up for success there with strong leadership and collaboration with PMs. People there were great and everyone is happy to come to work everyday.

I got an offer about a week later. But the recruiter was very unprofessional and initially misunderstood my background. She misquoted my compensation package before eventually handing me off to another recruiter who was much more professional. If the recruitment was handled more professionally and personally from the start, I believe I would have been more excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Other than the expected portfolio review + whiteboarding challenge, several questions related to how I work with Product Managers; How I worked around engineering constraints; My work style   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.