Moneris Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Moneris

2.9

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moneris (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps:
    - online programming challenge (technical screening) via codility.com: included two programming tasks of easy and medium complexity;
    - in-person onsite interview with hiring manager;
    - in-person onsite interview with development team members.

Interview Questions

• Programming task 1 (technical screening):
      You want to park your bicycle in a bicycle parking area where bike racks are aligned in a row. There are already N bikes parked there(each bike is attached to exactly one rack, but a rack can have multiple bikes attached to it). We call racks that already have bikes attached used.
       You want to park your bike in a rack in the parking area according to the following criteria:
              the chosen rack must lie between te first and the last used racks(inclusive);
              the distance between the chose rack and any other used rack is as big as possible.
      A description of the bikes already parked in the racks is given in a non-empty zero-indexed array A: element A[K] denotes the postion of the rack to which bike number K is attaced (for 0 <= K < N). The central position in the parking area is position 0. A positive value means that the rack is located A[K] meters to the right of the cetral position 0; a negative value means that it's located |A[K]| meters to the left.
      That, given a non-empty zero-indexed array A of N integers, returns the largest possible distance in meters between the chosen rack and any other used rack.
      Assume that:
              N is an integer within the range [2..100,000];
              each element of array A is an integer within the range [-1,000,000,000..1,000,000,000].   Answer Question
    • Programming task 2 (technical screening):
      When John gambles at the casino, he always uses a special system of tactics that he devised
      himself. It's based on always betting in one of two ways in each game:
      - betting exactly one chip (to test his luck);
      - betting all in (he bets everything he has).

Wins in the casino are paid equal to the wager, so it he bets C chips and wins, he gets 2C chips
      back. If he loses, he doesn't get any chips back.

It was a very lucky day yesterday and John won every game he played, starting with one chip and
      leaving the casino with N chips. We also know that John pllayed all-in no more than K times. Your
      task is to calculate the smallest possible number of rounds he could have played.

Note: betting just one chip is never cosidered playing all-in.

Write a function
          int solution(int N, int K);
      that, given an integer N and an integer K, returns the minimum number of rounds that are
      necessary for John to leave the casino with N chips, having played all-in no more than K times.

Example:
      Given N = 8 and K = 0, the answer is 7. K is 0, so John bets 1 chip in each round. The number of chips were as follows:
      at the beginning:1 (he bet 1)
      after 1st round: 2 (he bet 1)
      after 2nd round: 3 (he bet 1)
      after 3rd round: 4 (he bet 1)
      after 4th round: 5 (he bet 1)
      after 5th round: 6 (he bet 1)
      after 6th round: 7 (he bet 1)
      after 7th round: 8 (he bet 1)
      he played all-in 0 times

Given N = 18 and K =2, the answer is 6. The shortest game would be:
      at the beginning:1
      after 1st round: 2
      after 2nd round: 3
      after 3rd round: 4
      after 4th round: 8(all-in)
      after 5th round: 9
      after 6th round: 18(all-in)   Answer Question
    • Interview questions with the hiring manager were regarding previous experience. Interview was conversational in nature.   Answer Question
    • Interview questions with the development team were regarding previous experience.   Answer Question

Busineess Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moneris.

Interview

The process was straight forward. I was called for a phone screening interview with HR first.
     After passing that, I was called in to interview with the hiring manager and HR.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Moneris (Toronto, ON).

Interview

The first round interview took place over the phone. The interviewer was very friendly and asked standard questions. The company got back to me within a few days with their decision.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneris.

Interview

Initial HR interview, followed by an in-person meeting with 1-2 managers. The overall process was smooth and concise. After the interview process, there is an on-boarding period of around 2-4 weeks before you hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to help a customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Moneris.

Interview

Received call from Human Resources in Toronto shortly after application was submitted. Asked a few general questions. Then an interview was scheduled with the individual who I would be reporting to. Interview was typical, no surprises. Overall pleasant interview experience. She asked if I was applying for other jobs. I told her the position was my first choice because I really wanted the job, then I got an email from HR over a month later saying they went with another candidate. I was disappointed they would take so long to make a decision. Pretty unprofessional.

Sr. Analyst Interview

Interview

The process was smooth and comfortable. It took around an hour. That was more like a open discussion with previous project details. Was able to change ideas and discuss future team development.

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moneris (Toronto, ON) in March 2019.

Interview

No transparency. Follow up e-mails were answered with ver minimal two word e-mail answers. Second phone interview scheduled but interviewer never called. Followed up on missed interview with no response until 3 weeks later where I received a rejection e-mail.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneris (London, ON) in March 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter. Then a phone interview with the hiring director. After completing both phone calls, a personality test was required to be completed. Then a face-to-face interview with the hiring director was the last step prior to the background check process.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage yourself day-to-day in order to get tasks done without any supervision at all?   Answer Question
    • If you were to get the job, how would you initially plan to attack the market?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you daily for success?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moneris (Toronto, ON) in February 2019.

Interview

the interview was via phone and was relatively short (20 minutes). The interviewer was focused on my past experiences on my cv. The interview had no curveballs thrown at me.

Interview Questions

• to explain how one of my previous jobs would allow me experience in the field   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneris (Toronto, ON) in January 2019.

Interview

It had 2 rounds. The first round was HR which had some basic questions about yourself (Status, salary expectation, and work experience etc). The second round focused on Software testing concepts. About 70% of them were behavioral. The interviewers were very nice and made me comfortable. Was not informed if I was selected or not. I had to follow up with HR 2-3 time after that I got a reply of not getting selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something that is not in your resume   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the developer does not accept the defect that you raised (he thinks that the defect is invalid)How will you prove it to him?   Answer Question
    • What is regression testing, sanity testing?   Answer Question
    • What will you do if the defect is not reproducible? how will you raise it?   Answer Question
    • About Moneris? What all the products it has? Have you ever come across Moneris products?
      Types of testings?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.