Moneris Reviews

Found 321 of over 352 reviews

3.9
Moneris President & CEO Angela Brown
Angela Brown
Pros
  • "Good work life balance than other companies(in 33 reviews)

• "Lax environment, good people, good benefits(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The C suite is filled with former bankers that couldn't cut the mustard at the bank so were sent to Moneris to pretend to be a bank(in 23 reviews)

• "low pay and incompetitive benefits(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Moneris

Join the conversation on

Finance

61.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Moneris~16506
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Moneris and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

good company

Apr 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture and good manager

Cons

less increase on salary annually

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great place to work

May 26, 2022 - Learning Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, positive work environment

Cons

Technological prowess required for job roles

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mid

May 25, 2022 - Inside Sales - IB Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay structure , amazing culture , the people , commission

Cons

Not much work to life balance if you want ti make good money.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Admin

May 13, 2022 - Systems Administrator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good learning scope and easy to reach leader

Cons

Low salary with too much work

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Solid company but has some DEI issues

May 21, 2022 - People Leader in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have support of our two shareholders (BMO and RBC). CEO Angela Brown very inspiring. Industry leader. Strong hold of Canadian market. Expanding products and technology.

Cons

Overall Moneris is a great company. I have been with the organization for a number of years.. While I have seen a lot of progression there is a new disturbing trend of racism. Over the past year Moneris has made a concerted effort to drive the advancement of DEI, which I actively support. However, we are doing it completely wrong. Instead of embracing all groups, I (and many others) are finding that we are becoming “anti-white men”. I am Asian (my partner is white) and even I notice it. Some of my white male colleagues (who I consider friends) are afraid to speak up for fear of being branded racist or fired. I also know of a couple who provided this feedback to the DEI team but were told that their feelings were wrong. How can a person’s feelings be wrong? If that’s the feedback, no wonder they no longer feel they belong at Moneris. I know some are actively looking for work elsewhere because of this. I do not want to loose any of my colleagues, so I am speaking up for them. We have gone too far in one direction at the expense of others. Two wrongs do not make a right. If we want everyone to feel included then Moneris should not be singling out or blaming “white men” . At times they are made to feel like they are to blame for everything that is wrong in the world and to blame for some of the recent horrible events in the US. As a result, they will no longer have opportunities with Moneris. I can understand why some are looking for opportunities elsewhere. It seems like every DEI post or training is also meant as lessons in the evils of whiteness. It’s very disappointing that this is Moneris’ message to its employees. I hope it isn’t. I enjoy working with all my colleagues and consider many of them friends. They are all from different backgrounds, which has made my experience at Moneris so fulfilling. That includes working with my white male colleagues too.

Continue reading
      2 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Its ok

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

lay back environment, good work life balance

Cons

not much room to progress and projects are running very slow

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Data Developer

May 20, 2022 - Data Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

Hard to move up in the company

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

May 4, 2022 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

At Moneris the atmosphere is very positive.

Cons

Base salary lower than expected.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful place to work

Apr 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Moneris cares about their employees and treat everyone like a person, not a seat filler. I appreciate how invested Moneris is on our community and their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We normally have Corporate BBQ's but due to the pandemic we could not so they sent their employees Hello Fresh boxes! I thought it was wonderful!

Cons

It is a large company and it may be hard to identify what your career path will look like. It is important to be engaged from the beginning with your leader to define that path.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Employee friendly

Apr 27, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Etobicoke, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are ways to make extra money

Cons

Can't really think of one

Viewing 1 - 10 of 321 Reviews

Moneris Reviews FAQs

Moneris has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 352 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at Moneris to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Moneris employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Moneris. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

79% of Moneris employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Moneris 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Moneris Job Seekers