Moneris Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Found 194 reviews

Moneris CEO Angela Brown
Angela Brown
Pros
Cons
  • "low salary, too laid back, no room for challenge(in 10 reviews)

• "It is a pretty flat organization with not much room for growth(in 9 reviews)

1. "Amazing people great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moneris provides a great collaborative working Environment while giving ample opportunities to perform and shine. I have a great Boss who also interviewed me , he understands his team well and is a great support.

Cons

Just a bit of traditional approach sometimes like work in office rather than work from home but its not something very difficult.If your Manager understands your requirement , there are no issues.

Moneris2019-07-03
  2. "Turning point in the company - could go either way"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits package and competitive salary, option of telecommuting, camaraderie among employees. Recent, large changes to products and workflow which could go either way. Overall, a good place to work, get your foot in the door, and gain experience, you can go far if you keep your head down and follow the herd. Opportunities for advancement exist and are encouraged.

Cons

Company is focused on the wrong areas - Neglecting key areas and focusing on its image and marketing, if they don't reverse course or tone it down it could begin to decline. Very 'corporate', with associated numerous supervisors and managers. The departments of the company don't communicate well with eachother, and expectations change constantly. Performance-based scheduling.

Advice to Management

Focus on real process improvements and provide an open avenue for employee feedback regarding specific process changes, investigate inefficiencies and frequent issues and address them quickly. Performance-based scheduling poorly implemented.

Moneris2019-10-03
  3. "Moneris review"

Former Employee - Business Development Consultant

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than a year

Pros

good company good benefits good culture good facilities

Cons

poor management bad leadership No career advancement

Advice to Management

Be realistic

Moneris2019-09-23
  4. "Very poor management No leadership . executives always busy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good atmosphere with some colleagues. good company to learn but you need to learn fast if not you are lost and the majority are lost because they dont explain well and let you practice more.

Cons

No career advancement Very poor management in some departments. Some supervisors think that they own the place, taking break time for one hour to smoke a cigaret and when you are late for 15 min, they will report you to the manager like we are in a school not a business company bad leadership by managers and supervisors No career advancement. no good pay favoritism people dont mind their business they want... to know all of your life and if u dont want to reveal you private life then you are not sociable you want to adress issues with executives but they will never respond even if they have to but if another executive contact them then they will respond. It shows that you are ranking employees.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees instead of seeing us as numbers.You are not focused on the real issues and dont do favoritism for your managers and supervisors, you need to let people innovate and have new ideas for real, not saying that and you dont let them have new ideas. Big problem between departments there is no workflow. invest on a new system instead of black screen one. you are a technology business company its... not good image for you to your employees.dont invest on marketing as you do you are already on the market people know you.

Moneris2019-10-06
  5. "Don’t Invest UR Talent, Compassion for Clients, Nor Willingness To Build The Brand’s Reputation with This Org."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Representative in Calgary, AB

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity to become involved and in charge of clientele and their needs. No limits and a nation wide recognition exists.

Cons

Don’t let the company reposition you for a “benefit” when really you just will lose the commissions you’ve already work so hard to earn. Don’t fight for the company when a customer/client misunderstands a process or isn’t qualified for an account... The company, although you are vouching for its benefit may not recognize nor accommodate your efforts for progressive advancement/a continued relationship.... Lastly, management may fail you depending on your location... I worked remote and worked hard but was often neglected or lost in a pile of communications where I found it challenging to access the support I needed for certain functions/operations in my territory. Overall, I do believe that a performance plan should be presented to those in sales before dismissal. However, in my situation I didn’t receive this handling. My dismissal was an extreme blow to my confidence and blindsiding... Don’t sign a severance without consulting a lawyer.

Moneris2019-09-11

"Wasting Money. Inept Management."

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Easily accessible work location off the subway line.

Cons

Saw very minimal wage increases through these past years. When asked why salaries wages have been like this, reasons were insufficient and insulting. Inside the call centre, there is definitely a strange structure that they have laid out in the past several years where team leaders and managers have virtually disppeared and are supposedly working remote at home which realistically entails lack of management but... heavily costing the company's payroll. Not sure why 6 customer experience team managers are needed when they do not take any escalation calls when an irate customer is demanding a manager nor do they ever assist with the incoming calls at all. These duties and responsibilities have somehow been displaced to the "Experience Coaches" who are understaffed in the first place. They have tried to resolve this by recruiting regular customer experience agents by giving them some dubious Experience Coach job titles with no pay to take on escalations and other managerial supportive tasks. What does really does is, it minimizes actual agents off the queues to take calls which further causes more wait times and high volumes just to accomodate the "Team Leaders" in not doing any work. In other call centres that I have worked in the past, the managers would at least be joining the rest of the staff in taking calls. This is just wasting company money as the concept of "team leader" is not even required as we are already understaffed as a call centre, and all other parameters are tracked with technology with respect to who is online taking calls or who is on the phone. Upper management needs to downsize on these team leaders and are better off putting the money towards recruitment of actual people doing work or other technical resources to work with. Many employees from the inside are planning to quit soon or looking elsewhere. Simply a dead end path with no real significant wage increase

Advice to Management

Rethink of your priorities. Apply money where money can generate value and work.

Moneris2019-09-30

"Best place for nepotism"

Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Moneris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Getting paid on time Some good people

Cons

Nepotism Favouritism Incompetence Low pay So happy I left

Moneris2019-09-25

"accountant"

Current Employee - Accountant in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good culture, everyone is pretty nice

Cons

hard to move up the ranks

Moneris2019-07-10

"Good company but very bad culture"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Moneris full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work life balance Reasonably good salary Flexible work policy including work from home

Cons

Bad culture. Lot of hiring and dismissals based on personal rather than professional qualifications

Moneris2019-06-02
  10. "Good workplace but salary is lower than usual"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Moneris part-time for more than a year

Pros

* Friendly Work Environment * Supervisors and Managers are very easy to reach out and very approachable. * Decent kitchen setupand safe workplace. * Treats during Stampede and other Holidays * Diverse Culture

Cons

Salary offer is lower than the average salary for this position. Expect for additional tasks prior to the tasks being discussed in the hiring process.

Moneris2019-05-21