Mojio Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Mojio Interview Questions

Interviews at Mojio

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mojio (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very professional and well planned. Crisp phone screen and swift interviews. Met with the senior members and a few members of the exec team. Overall process was quick and fit my timeline very well

Interview Questions

• Problem solving using a real world problem   1 Answer

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mojio (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The Mojio HR manager personally picked me up from the airport and brought me to the office. I interviewed with 6 team members but the spacing of the interviews allowed me time for breaks, especially before meeting the CEO, as well as bringing in lunch.

The HR manager made sure to take me out for dinner where she described the benefits of working at Mojio and dropped me off at the airport in time for my flight.

Overall it was a great experience and the environment at Mojio is exciting, innovative and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were around problem solving I had performed in a similar role with a similar product.   1 Answer

AI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mojio (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Pretty good, lots of question about AI. one Phone screen. three or four interviews through zoom. and finally onsite interview. I did pretty good on all of the interviews and also coding.

Interview Questions

• Lots of question about AI and also programming. Using python or any other programming language. How You can communicate with otters teams
      signed a disclosure and can not reveal the questions.   Answer Question

Platform Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mojio (Vancouver, BC) in March 2018.

Interview

I received a message on my mobile phone for the interview availability and we arranged a phone call. Very bad experience on phone call. The person was so rude and reacted very badly on my answers. Also gave very rude answers to the questions I mentioned at the end. I do not recommend anybody else for interviewing with this company. It was a waste of my time and energy.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mojio (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

2 phone interviews - one with HR, one with an executive in the office I was applying to work at.

3 in person interviews on the same day with 3 executives (one being the same as the phone interview. First two interviews went well. Asked thorough questions, friendly, passionate about their work. I finished them feeling optimistic about my potential with the company.

The last interview was with the COO and set to start at 1:30. I waited alone in a glass walled office with people walking by and looking in with zero update from 1:40 - 2:10. When he finally came in, he was gruff, short and treated the whole process like I was wasting his time. This interview lasted 7 minutes and had 3 questions. He made it clear through words and actions that I was not even being considered (one question was if I was capable of doing the job, when I said yes, he seemed surprised and said "really. huh").

I was entirely unsurprised to receive an email a few days later telling me I would not be moving onto the next round of interviews.

The last 37 minutes of my interview experience with Mojio took a positive experience with an up and coming company and turned it into a very negative experience. Not only will I not apply here again but I doubt I will look into their product as a consumer from this experience with the COO alone.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to develop professionally if you work here?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mojio.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Had to interview with 4 different people on 3 different days. Horrible experience and interviews were un-organized. Don't waste your time they won't pay you what you ask for and have no respect for your time and effort.

Interview Questions

They didnt offer me what i asked for.

Android Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mojio (Vancouver, BC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via a networking event, they werent actively seeking at the time but was open to taking on new talent. Took about a few weeks, first a brief phone interview with basic java questions, then followed up with a take home project to work with at my own pace. Submitted that, brought me in for an in person interview to explain the project in detail and ask more programming questions pertaining to java/android. Overall a fair interview! Definitely on the more thorough side.

Interview Questions

• OOP, data structs, specific questions of the why behind the project implementation. All reasonable questions.   Answer Question

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mojio (Toronto, ON) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a phone screen which went extremely well. The interviewer was an engineer and pretty nice. We even talked a bit longer than scheduled.

Anyhow, during the phone screen the interviewer realized that I'm an industry expert in the area this company attempts to operate in, as I had a fairly better idea about many automotive aspects than the interviewer and possibly anyone else in this company. I also solved all algorithmical challenges of the interviewer like a charm. Not surprisingly I'm with a FANG company in my current position, where the hiring bar of algorithmical challenges is way higher than this.

So, I suspect that the interviewer either got cold feet because of her own career goals (if you wanna progress faster, hire someone who lowers the bar and never someone who is way ahead of your competency) Or the company was simply concerned they couldn't afford me, though I didn't discuss any salary considerations with them. But maybe they aren't willing to compete with FANG salaries.

So regardless what their reasons were, I would say it shows a pretty poor hiring acumen of this company to ignore candidates with exactly the required experience they operate in and who may get them to the next level.

Side note: I was interested in this company simply because they are Vancouver BC based. In other locations there are many automotive job opportunities, not so many in Vancouver unfortunately.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.