Mojio Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.4
Kenny Hawk

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Lots of perks in the office, including catered lunch and snacks. The work environment is nice and the work is intellectually stimulating but not too overwhelming.

Cons

The organizational structure is a little too flat, sometimes it is difficult to find someone to report to.

Mojio2018-02-09

"Great co-workers, not so great work life balance"

I worked at Mojio full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, a lot of great perks, exciting work in certain aspects, office space/location is ideal

Cons

execs sometimes take on too many requests, overwhelming engineering team, leading to blame game, work life balance is not so great, long hours for deadlines unrealistic time frames for tasks

Mojio2017-10-06

"Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Mojio full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Profitable exit more likely than not.

Cons

People have value. Stanford did not instruct an MBA grad how to factor human input into an equation where unbridled truth could be rendered by Glass Door.

Mojio2017-09-22

November 9, 2017CEO

I believe a good person in the wrong role or wrong company needs to be liberated as fast as possible. The person will be happier and more productive in a role/company that better suits them. In the time since this technical support person was liberated we have resolved tickets faster ...

4. "LOVE IT!!!!!"

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Where do I begin??? Extremely supportive co--workers and management. Positive environment. Appreciation of you and your work. The best benefits ever given on the very first day you start. Catered lunch Monday to Friday. Livingroom with a TV. Fully stocked snacks/breakfast items. 4 weeks vacation. No strict hours. The office itself is amazing as well. Patio balconies. PROUD to be a part of this team.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to the office!

Mojio2017-08-29
  5. "Awesome company with great opportunities for growth and learning"

Current Employee - Platform Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been recently hired at Mojio and the atmosphere in the company is far beyond my expectations. HR is supportive, management values the wellness of the employess, there are tons of opportunities to learn and engage in different projects. It's a place for people who want to grow both personally and professionaly. Finally, the benefits are outstanding, and in the Vancouver office, we have free lunch everyday.

Cons

If you're not a dynamic, focused employee, who is willing to learn new cutting-edge technologies, it might be difficult to adapt. If you're open to learning new things everyday. there are definitely no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep growing... !

Mojio2017-07-30

"Company well positioned to be a market leader in a hot space"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Management takes issues seriously. Has fixed broken people, processes and products after a challenging first few years of weak leadership. Has backing of top tier customers and investors. There are some really challenging technical problems and this is a great playground for anyone who likes solving tough engineering problems. Get to travel and work with people in Vancouver, Palo Alto and Europe - can't beat that

Cons

Company has too many opportunities and it takes a tremendous amount of discipline to remain focused. Good people in different locations, wish we could see each other more often.

Advice to Management

Manage this growth wisely - poor hires have a tremendous negative impact on execution and culture. Internal people are willing to pinch hit while we look for good talent to fill the roles. Take them up on this and don't rush hiring.

Mojio2017-03-07
  7. "Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Mojio full-time

Pros

Mojio is at the ground floor of an exciting opportunity to be a global success Mojio's stock options are likely to be very valuable - great incentive Very interesting sector and technology to grow with

Cons

Demands are high (see the Pros above to know why)

Advice to Management

"Stick to the knitting" - Tom Peters

Mojio2017-03-08

"Zero Trust in Senior Management"

I have been working at Mojio full-time

Pros

The work can be challenging and rewarding

Cons

The senior management is deaf and blind to the challenges faced by the engineers. Issues are constantly raised by engineers working day to day, but are constantly ignored by the company's senior management. This has resulted in MAJOR outages of the service and is a huge factor in the company constantly missing deadlines.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

Mojio2017-02-28

March 6, 2017CEO

I appreciate you taking the time to express your frustrations. It’s important for us to hear from you and address your concerns. As you know we launched with our partners last November and December 2016 both on schedule and on budget. As we move from a research focused organization ...

"Software Developer"

I worked at Mojio

Pros

Fast paced, good environment and interesting projects

Cons

The workplace is small for me. We need more tables.

Mojio2015-06-05

March 6, 2017CEO

Consider coming back. We are hiring in Palo Alto, Prague and Vancouver and we have plenty of space, desks and great team members to collaborate with!

""Fun, challenging place to work with super smart people.""

Current Employee - Human Resources in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Mojio full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with Mojio for about a year now, and am very grateful to work here. You are empowered and expected to do your job to the fullest and further. If you're not, they will make sure that you have the tools to do so. Fantastic people to work with. Great leadership, collaborative, smart individuals and open environment to express opinions and an active work environment. Innovation is always at the forefront....

Cons

Of course there is no perfect place but there are no major Cons.

Mojio2018-11-03