Metroland Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Metroland Media Group Interview Questions

Updated 18 Sep, 2017

3.4

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group.

Interview

it was okay - pretty hard if you don't have a lot of experience. Doing some research prior really helped. I think they should continue what they are doing.

Circulation Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group in May-2017.

Interview

I was given a phone interview and presented with job requirements. Then invited to an in person interview that was nearly an hour long with additional reference checks. There were 2 people interviewing me and they were very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• When interviewing for this position, I was asked multiple questions regarding high level management skills and presented with scenarios .   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Kitchener, ON) in March-2017.

Interview

The description, company, and phone call seemed promising. However, it was a disappointment after receiving an interview. The interviewers were nice, but one was very unprofessional. The job was for individuals who need to make numerous sales and work like a dog. You will not get any benefits from these sales in the long run. You will make very little salary, you're travelling most of the time (with very low car allowances), and get very little commission. Plus your goal is to only make more than the realistic number of sales (making numerous calls, meeting with clients, etc.), if there's no sales, then no one cares. All you will get is some "titled experience." If you're interested in such an environment go for it, but it seems very unprofessional and uncanny. The office was very untidy and unorganized as well. It is unfortunate that such a large-scale media company lacks new and cohesive strategies.

Overall, I had read reviews on Glassdoor prior to the interview thinking they were unrealistic, but they were honest and true. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this job?
      How would you go about making a sale?
      Describe what you look for in a manger.
      Describe what motivates you.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brantford, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Brantford, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

Applied online, pre-screened within 2 weeks of applying, interview within 1 week of pre-screen, second interview within 1 week of the first and references and then a job offer one week later. Normal/fast process as I know there are many people whom applied. Their new recruiter for the west end is very soft spoken, open and honest about the job and its compensation, and answered my questions professionally.

Interview Questions

• Being in sales you are prone some rejections, what keeps you motivated?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Toronto, ON) in July-2016.

Interview

Submitted application and got email response in under 2 weeks. Initial phone screen with the actual hiring manager himself with basic behavioural questions. Invited for an interview.

Interview was overall pleasant however very difficult. The role was obviously more senior than someone in my scenario and I was asked very, very specific questions on web analytics that I had little experience with. My experience was more on the statistics side. Questions asked were a mix of behavioural, my past experiences/ projects, and I was given a simple math brain teaser that was for fun.

Interview Questions

• A bunch of math brain teasers that weren't difficult and did not contribute much to the interview expect fun discussion.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Waterloo, ON) in March-2016.

Interview

Applied online and it was a 30 minute Skype interview. Very comforting interviewer and the process is very straightforward. Not many prerequisites but you should have a little work experience as it will be helpful.
    You should talk a lot about your work experience if you do have some, as well as certain side projects you have done. Coding background is very helpful too and the more languages you know, the better ft you will be. Be confident and show that you want to work there.

Real Estate Advertising Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Burlington, ON) in February-2016.

Interview

I applied on-line. A few days later, the talent acquisition representative contacted me; asked me to give a 30 second pitch. After the phone interview I did not hear back for a few weeks, until I received an email asking for an in-person interview. The interview was at the Burlington location with HR, and the Director of Advertising.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Ottawa, ON) in February-2016.

Interview

Very friending and Cordial - 45 min interview with questions on background and how I sell. Although interview was fine and positive, gave me tour and showed where I would sit, I never heard again from either the HR person or Sales manager - very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell advertising both print and more specifically digital - what experience do you have with that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Hamilton, ON) in November-2015.

Interview

The process with Metro land was fantastic. They have a few different interview steps. The manager and recruiter were great. They made me feel relaxed and at ease during the interview process. They even provided feedback on my presentation. Overall this company is very dynamic. Best interview experience I have had while looking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halton Hills, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Halton Hills, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

The interview process is a joke. The new recruiter that has been hired to interview for sales reps in Metroland West is beyond unprofessional. She is confrontational, argumentative and condescending. Instead of trying to find the right fit, she tries to beat down candidates and make you feel chewed up and inferior. Further, if you need to start a job right away to feed your family and pay your rent, you won't get one here. The interview process WILL take 2 + months from the time you get a call from HR to the time you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They WILL ask the most uncreative question ever: "What is your greatest weakness"?   1 Answer

Metroland Media Group Response

23 Nov, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your response. We are sorry that you feel this way.

We will look into the situation to ensure that this does not happen again.

Our apologies for your negative experience... More