Metroland Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 14 Jun, 2018

3.2

Advertising Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oshawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Oshawa, ON) in May-2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview then secluded a face-to-face with manager.
    I didn't get asked many questions, mostly the manager was selling me on the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you closed a past sale.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was take it or leave it!

Advertising Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Guelph, ON) in February-2015.

Interview

the interview process depends on the candidate. For me there was a phone interview, HR interview, Manager Interview. Other employees are hired on after temporary contracts and internships. The hiring proccess can be a little slow as there are many people the interviews must go through.In my patience I thought that I had lost the opportunity only to find they were drafting an offer letter. This was worth the wait!

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked regarding sales experience, people skills, multi tasking etc.
      There was an in depth personality quiz which allowed metro land media to see how effective each candidate was for the role.
      It was more of a conversational interview than strict questions. I was being gauged more on who I was as a person and a sales rep than my experience or anything else. I felt more comfortable that they bought "me" rather than my university education and limited sales experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was very straight forward and I did not ask for anything more. I wish now that I had asked for a higher base salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Ottawa, ON) in February-2016.

Interview

Very friending and Cordial - 45 min interview with questions on background and how I sell. Although interview was fine and positive, gave me tour and showed where I would sit, I never heard again from either the HR person or Sales manager - very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell advertising both print and more specifically digital - what experience do you have with that?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halton Hills, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Halton Hills, ON) in September-2015.

Interview

The interview process is a joke. The new recruiter that has been hired to interview for sales reps in Metroland West is beyond unprofessional. She is confrontational, argumentative and condescending. Instead of trying to find the right fit, she tries to beat down candidates and make you feel chewed up and inferior. Further, if you need to start a job right away to feed your family and pay your rent, you won't get one here. The interview process WILL take 2 + months from the time you get a call from HR to the time you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• They WILL ask the most uncreative question ever: "What is your greatest weakness"?   1 Answer

Metroland Media Group Response

23 Nov, 2015 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your response. We are sorry that you feel this way.

We will look into the situation to ensure that this does not happen again.

Our apologies for your negative experience... More

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Hamilton, ON) in November-2015.

Interview

The process with Metro land was fantastic. They have a few different interview steps. The manager and recruiter were great. They made me feel relaxed and at ease during the interview process. They even provided feedback on my presentation. Overall this company is very dynamic. Best interview experience I have had while looking.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group.

Interview

it was okay - pretty hard if you don't have a lot of experience. Doing some research prior really helped. I think they should continue what they are doing.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Mississauga, ON).

Interview

Called and interview over the phone then I was told to come in to meet with HR.

Interview Questions

• There was a mathematic and english testing question   1 Answer

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Mississauga, ON) in January-2015.

Interview

I had 2 face to face interviews here at Metroland. Both were conducted in a professional manner. I really appreciated their honest and open nature. The questions were tough, but encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Metroland? What do you think of our website? Who do you believe is our biggest competitor? How will you make a change?   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (North York, ON).

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week. I was asked to bring samples of my work. I interviewed with two members of management and did a 45 minute technical proficiency test in InDesign. The assignment was to redesign an advertisement for print. The interview Process was fairly easy and the questions were average.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Are you flexible? Can you work late hours/overtime?
      How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brantford, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metroland Media Group (Brantford, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

Applied online, pre-screened within 2 weeks of applying, interview within 1 week of pre-screen, second interview within 1 week of the first and references and then a job offer one week later. Normal/fast process as I know there are many people whom applied. Their new recruiter for the west end is very soft spoken, open and honest about the job and its compensation, and answered my questions professionally.

Interview Questions

• Being in sales you are prone some rejections, what keeps you motivated?   Answer Question