McKinsey & Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3,604 of over 3,604.0 interviews

3.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

As an experienced hire, McKinsey kindly arranged for a ten interviews with associates, partners and a couple of senior partners/ directors. I didn’t know at the time but they arranged my schedule because they had a partners meeting on the same day and tried to accomodate my desire to join because I had job offers from other companies but wanted a chance to join the firm. All interviews were different but most conducted case method and problem solving interviews. Really enjoyed meeting all the talented members and was a bit worn out at the end. Very impressive individuals with very diverse experiences. Thought I did alright but wasn’t sure whether they would extend an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Q. I have a client who is a major leading global airline. They established a rewards program that initially worked well for loyalty but competitive airline programs eroded the value and effectiveness. What would advise my client to examine and consider doing.
    1 Answer
79 people found this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The process started with an screening phone interview with HR, followed by a round of 3 interviews with different hiring managers which included portfolio review, a case and one about professional experience. All my interviewers were nice and answered all my questions. However I am disappointed of the process. After my 4th interview I was told I will be getting information about the next steps, but never heard anything back. I emailed HR asking for an update on the process and I got ghosted. Very disappointing and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What McKinsey & Company employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

McKinsey & Company

Honestly it’s getting comical that there’s a new McKinsey hit piece published like every week now

1,235

117 Comments

Join the conversation on

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The interview process was more like a conversation, the interviewer was very polite. As it was my first time attending an interview, I couldn't get ahead of the conversation and ended up getting rejected. The date and time for the interview was not intimated before, so it was so sudden and caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about yourself 2. What do you know about the role

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

After taking taking an online game-based assessment, I went on to participate in two rounds of interviews, each of which consisted of 2 interviews. In the first round, I was interviewed by an Associate and an Engagement Manager, while the second round interviews were with Partners. Overall, my experience was positive, as the firm makes an effort to make the process as run as smoothly as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Usually, each interview consists of a personal experience inventory (~15 minutes) and a case study (~30 minutes).

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

It was good, but the cases were difficult. There were two different interviews and each consisted of a behavioral and a case. The first case was about international strategy and the second was about pricing.

Interview Questions
  • What is a time you had a difference of opinion with someone?

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Had a chat with recruiter over call, clearly mentioned my skills. Had first tech round ; interviewer was late, asked questions on system design and data warehousing , asked one basic SQL query and basic Python program and stopped me in between explaining the logic as interview get stretched for more than the time allotted and then rejected me; don't know on what basis.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

The w h o l e i n t e r v i e w p r o c e s s I w e n t t h r o u g h w a s v e r y g o o d

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

primo colloquio è stato conoscitivo. Mi è stato chiesto del mio background e del mio CV. Successivamente, mi hanno fatto domande sul perché applicassi e quali fossero i miei obiettivi. Infine qualche domanda tecnica

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

Intense process with many rounds and circuits. The people are nice and smart, which helps, but you have to wonder if it’s all really necessary. Maybe Malcolm Gladwell was right.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Recruiter called, made me talk about myself for 5 min and then said bye. No opportunity to ask questions and did not explain the role either. The entire thing lasted 10min. Very strange experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

McKinsey & Company

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company

Interview

2 rounds, first one with engagement managers and second/final with partners. Reasonable but short cases: telecom, healtcare and automotive industry. Everyone was very nice and wanted you to succeed. They were also very quick with your feedback and called the same day.

Interview Questions
  • - R1: Imaginary country that wanted to reduce its CO2 emissions - Final round: Key KPIs for successful production and launch of an electric vehicle
Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,604 Interviews