Mainframe Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Mainframe Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Mainframe Studios

2.6

Junior Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, and then had video interviews. They were pretty standard interviews. The people I spoke with were super nice and easy to talk to. I was actually interviewed by two different teams, and they had different approaches to it, but both went well and I felt comfortable talking with everyone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what style of animation I enjoy most.   1 Answer

Mainframe Studios Response

Nov. 16, 2020 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience!

Storyboard Revisionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios in November 2020.

Interview

Before my interview I was given a storyboard test that had to be done in only 48 hours. They didnt give me any references at all so I had to do all my own research and they didnt pay me either. So most of my interview they were just going over my test about the strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• whats your background? how will you past experience help you in this field   Answer Question

Mainframe Studios Response

Nov. 16, 2020 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and will be adding more reference material to our tests going forward.

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in August 2020.

Interview

The whole process was very quick, took about a week from application to interview to job offer.
    The recruiter and interviewers were kind and helpful.
    They seem excited to build a team willing to learn with them and the production.

Senior Layout Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)) in March 2018.

Interview

I didn't really do a 1 on 1 interview because there were some tech problems, so they just sent me the questions and I replied with the answers which was unusual but actually pretty cool for me because I had the time to think them through and prepare them.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you walk me through your previous experience and how it relates to the position you’ve applied for?
      2. Why do you want to work at Rainmaker? *Talk about company background*
      3. The production the successful candidate will work in is ---. This production mainly works on ---. Are you still interested?
      4. What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself in the future?
      5. What are your salary expectations? *Probe to get an exact number or range*
      6. If offered the position when’s the earliest you can start?
      7. Are you legally able to work in Canada?
      8. What is your availability like for in person interviews? What day/time works best for you?   Answer Question

Facility Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in September 2017.

Interview

You apply online. They call you first, do a short interview on the phone and then if you pass you go and to the interview with the person in charge of the department.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience   1 Answer
    • What are your career goals? and department of interested.   Answer Question
    • Share one situation where you were upset about something at work. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went in to their studio where I was interviewed by a supervisor. My reel was played and it was paused at each section for discussion. The project they were hiring for was touched on briefly but no details were given. No details like start dates or contract duration were shared. It was pleasant but it was noncommittal. I got the impression they weren't hiring now or in the near future. I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• What were you responsible for in this shot?   1 Answer

3D Animator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios.

Interview

Super friendly, casual discussion of my previous experience and minor heads up on what kind of projects I will be dealing with. If everything went positive, they would introduce the candidate to the basic production process followed by the company and also a brief regarding the project will be discussed. The rest of the discussion was via email and telephone after that.

Interview Questions

• How many seconds of animation can you do in a week?   1 Answer

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in February 2016.

Interview

One interview with all lighting supervisors of the current shows the studio was working with. Everyone was super friendly and kept asking basic stuff about my experience in the are and how would I be good for the company. It was super informal, even though there were more than 4 supervisors in the room.

3D Animation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in November 2015.

Interview

It was very straight forward. I am a junior so they didn't expect any experiences. They described more of what I would expect when I start working. Directors are specifis with the job descriptions. I like how they give juniors opportunities to be part of amazing team

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in January 2015.

Interview

30 minutes interview with the serie and animator director. I sent me portfolio to the recruiter, she phoned me and made some basic questions as available to start and legal docs then she booked the interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• They want to know about my professional and personal experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.