Mainframe Studios Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 23 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mainframe Studios

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios in Jan 2022

Interview

I applied online in December 2021. I sent out resumes to several positions. In January 2022, a recruiter reached out and wanted to set up an interview with the team. I got to meet with the Lead Artists and we had a chat. There was nothing too crazy or hard, just mostly talking about my background experience. However, the next few weeks turned out to be a drag. I sent an email to the recruiter about my status, and almost a month later, I was told that I was passed over. This actually began the most annoying process of doing these 3D art job interviews. When no one actually stays in touch with you, it's you, the job seeker who has to pester these people in recruitment to get a solid answer of what's going on. Even I understand life is busy for everyone, it's much harder on the job seeker to not know if they've been accepted or not as it interferes with other life goals.

Interview Questions
  • How fast can you learn Maya for modeling?
    1 Answer

Mainframe Studios

Application

I interviewed at Mainframe Studios

Interview

The interview was relaxed and good. Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and chat with the recruiter. They were clear in what they were looking for and what kind of issues you would face. I felt that they were being super clear about everything and supportive at the same time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview which in reality was more like a 2-way conversation. The interviewer shared details of the project (scope, duration, expectations etc.), and I was given plenty of opportunity to ask questions to assess if the role was right for me.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about helping out on tasks that are outside your strengths/area of interest?

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios in Aug 2021

Interview

first with HR, then interview with their supervisor and lead artist, then back with HR to talk details, all of them is around 10-15min, the chat is easygoing, basically just a chance let the company and you know each other

Interview Questions
  • talk about your process and different software you use when go through your portfolio

Mainframe Studios

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios in Jul 2021

Interview

They discussed what kind of work I would be doing and if I was comfortable with it. Very friendly and casual. There was a couple of people in the interview so there was never silence during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2021

Interview

It was very good and straightforward, with an HR and technical component. The people I talked to made sure I was confortable and took my time to answer their questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Dec 2020

Interview

The process consisted of 2 interviews. One with the line producer and the second with the showrunner and some writers. It seemed that their last coordinator left abruptly but they would not disclose why.

Interview Questions
  • Do you know how to use Google suite?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

I was contacted by HR, and then had video interviews. They were pretty standard interviews. The people I spoke with were super nice and easy to talk to. I was actually interviewed by two different teams, and they had different approaches to it, but both went well and I felt comfortable talking with everyone.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what style of animation I enjoy most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Nov 2020

Interview

Before my interview I was given a storyboard test that had to be done in only 48 hours. They didnt give me any references at all so I had to do all my own research and they didnt pay me either. So most of my interview they were just going over my test about the strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions
  • whats your background? how will you past experience help you in this field

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mainframe Studios (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2020

Interview

The whole process was very quick, took about a week from application to interview to job offer. The recruiter and interviewers were kind and helpful. They seem excited to build a team willing to learn with them and the production.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews