- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Los Angeles, CA, United States Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Ohio
- - Akron, OH, United States Area
- - Peninsula, OH
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Canada - All Cities
- - British Columbia
- - Vancouver, BC Area
- - Vancouver, BC
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC Area
- - Montreal, QC
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 82 of over 140 reviews
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
Ratings by Sexual Orientation
This rating reflects the overall rating of Mainframe Studios and is not affected by filters.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Cool projects, super friendly environment and helpful coworkers
Some communication issues between departments
Thanks for your feedback! So glad to hear you are enjoying the projects and your coworkers, we are lucky to get to work with some pretty awesome people here! If you have any suggestions on how to improve communication we're all ears. Please share with your team or HR.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov. 25, 2022 - Surface Artist in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent pipeline Long contract Decent benefits
Low salaries Boring show and project
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov. 16, 2022 - Storyboard Artist in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- People are really supportive and helpful - Salary is relatively negotiable
- Fewer team activities - less communication - not the best benefits
So happy to hear that you found the people supportive and helpful, we really strive to foster that type of environment. We are hoping to have more team activities coming up now that we able to do so in a safer manner (some fun things are in the works). Thanks so much for your feedback!
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct. 4, 2022 - Senior AnimatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Best salary I've had in the industry by far -Nice structure to how scenes are submitted -Very helpful team -Nice overtime policy
-Organizing pipeline could be a little better -Could have had more opportunities for weekly team building (virtual game nights, etc)
Hey! Thank you for your awesome feedback. Very happy to hear you had a very helpful team and that you enjoyed the team environment. We are working on more activities, especially since we can now get together in person more. Thanks for all of your feedback!
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 13, 2022 - Groom Artist in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to get your foot in the door. Willing to give anyone an opportunity and train you.
Things never change and there is a ceiling on how much you can grow as an artist.
Thanks so much for your feedback. We're really want to make sure everyone feels they have an opportunity to grow, please reach out to the Talent Management team or your supervisor and we'd be very interested in learning more about how you would like to grow as an artist.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 22, 2022 - Storyboard Artist in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very friendly and communicative staff. The deadlines are reasonable and the teams are great to work with.
The employment benefits could be much better. Could be a little more organized.
Thanks for providing feedback. So happy to hear you are enjoying the team and that you feel the deadlines are reasonable. And also thanks for your feedback on the benefits and organization. We are always open to suggestions so please feel free to share with your leads/production team or HR.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 19, 2022 - Junior Lighting Artist in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Supervisor and leads are good peoples.
Hr can be confusing sometimes.
Thanks for your feedback. Please let the HR team know about your experience that has been confusing, we are very open to feedback as it will only help us learn and grow.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep. 11, 2022 - 3D Animator in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
remote work from home friendly production people/ helpful animation leads challenging project and learned a lot solid pipeline
under qualified and demeaning anim sup low pay no paid OT and quota not possible without itContinue reading
Very sorry to hear you had a negative experience, this is not the type of environment we encourage. With feedback from employees we can work to make sure everyone has a positive experience. All the best!
- Former Employee★★★★★Jul. 19, 2022 - Storyboard RevisionistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Talented peoples, nice teamwork with teammates
Not to keep it here
So glad you are enjoying working at Mainframe! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul. 9, 2022 - Render Wrangler Manager in Vancouver, BCRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Friendly work environment -Many opportunities to learn
-Pacing is a little bit slowContinue reading
Glad you are enjoying your work environment and getting opportunities to learn. Thanks for your feedback!
Mainframe Studios Reviews FAQs
Mainframe Studios has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 140 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Mainframe Studios to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
91% of Mainframe Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Mainframe Studios 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.