Lush Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Lush

2.7

Chargée De Mission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lush (Paris (France)) in August 2018.

Interview

un entretien telephonique qui découle sur un entretien au iège, si vous etes retenus. Lors de l'entretien, j'avais en face de moi deux managers, qui m'ont mise très à l'aise et qui m'ont fait passer un test de compétences d'une demi heures ( brochures à synthétiser)

Vendeur conseil Interview

Interview

Entretien d'embauche collectif (environ 15 personnes) durant lequel des jeux de présentation et de simulation de conseil/vente par petit groupe ont été réalisés afin de faire ressortir les personnalités les plus affirmées du groupe.

vendeuse lush Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Paris (France)) in May 2017.

Interview

Super entretien, très ludique à base de jeux de rôles et ensuite une autre partie avec des questions plus personnelles.

La première partie se réalise en groupe et on interagis ensemble pendant cette période: jeux de rôles, présentation de produits.. voir comment on se comporte dans un groupe et si notre personnalité colle à celle de lush.

Interview Questions

• Si on rencontrait l'un de tes proche, que dirait-il à ton sujet?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush (Paris (France)).

Interview

Une procédure de recrutement en adéquation avec les valeurs de l'entreprise.
    Tout est clairement expliqué. Les interlocuteurs sont bienveillants.
    En plus de creuser sur vos compétences, les recruteurs vérifient si vous êtes ou non en accord avec l'état d'esprit de Lush.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lush in October 2013.

Interview

It was a very quick group hiring processes that started with the group learning about products ad demonstrations. We went around the store like that with the managers and then we each had a turn to demonstrate what we had just learned on an employee, and had a brief chat with the manager about what we were looking for, our experiences, and why we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush in November 2014.

Interview

I showed up to the shop, and was given a piece of paper to fill out with maybe 5 questions, and an availability sheet. Sat down with three other girls, and was asked questions by the manager. Then we split up and were briefly taught how to demo a product, and then had to demo it ourselves. Then we had a one on one sit down with the manager, and could just walk around the stuff while waiting for the other girls to finish. Once you were done with your interview you could leave though, even if the other girls weren't done.

My suggestions to get hired would be to be *very* outgoing. As long as you can talk to random strangers, you'll be fine. Be happy and positive. More then anything though just let your personality shine through. If you're trying to fake it, it'll be obvious. You don't have to go overboard to seem fun and likeable. Also, when in the group definitely find a good balance of putting yourself out there, but not looking like you're trying to overshadow anyone else. Help make the other girls look good, since Lush looks for team players.

If you like the company for the cosmetics portion of that, let them know that, but also try to highlight the ethical side of the company as well. If you can even back it up with some of what you do (for example, I'm vegan, so I mentioned that was why I loved the ethics of the company), then you're gold. Talk about your values and how the company fits with that, so it doesn't seem you like you're just spouting off random company facts.

Also, don't worry too much about the demoing part of it. You don't need to know every product before you go there (In fact, I knew none of them, I had just heard of Lush a few weeks before when I applied). There're looking for raw talent, not refined skills. Be confident, and show that you're good at retaining some knowledge (for example, if they list 3 ingredients in the product they're demoing, try to remember at least 2). If you don't remember everything, that's okay. Don't get flustered. There will be times on the shop floor in the beginning where you may be talking about a product and you don't know any of the ingredients. They want to see that you'll remain calm, and be able to work around that.

Also, availability plays a huge key in this. If you're available three times a week you may have a harder time get hired. It's okay to not be available a day or two, and you don't have to be available all day for the days you can work, just try to make it so you can work a few days a week if they need it. Weekends are definitely a huge part of this. If you can't work Fri-Sun at all, you may not get hired, unless they're looking for someone who can specifically work during the weekdays. The weekends though are the time (my shop at least) need the most people. If you need Sundays off, or maybe Saturday, that's fine, but don't block out your whole weekend if you can avoid it.

Be confident, look prepared (but not too fakely prepared), and have fun! That's all there is too it, and then the rest it just up to what the shop needs and who else is applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lush in October 2015.

Interview

I first went to a hiring party they held after hours in the store. We broke up into two groups of four and did demo's of the products on each other. One at a time the hiring manager pulled us aside and asked us our hours, and looked over our resumes.

A few days later I was called in for a second interview, in which another sales girl and I did demo's on each other, but instead of groups it was just the two of us. Later that day, I was called and offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite LUSH product?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered the job and I accepted!

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush in October 2015.

Interview

Had a lot of fun, we basically just did demos on each other (there were 3 stages - Shower, Skin, and Hair), and basically the employee shows you how they demo products and you all take turns doing it on each other, then we each got called aside for a one on one interview with the manager. They told us that if we got the job they'd call within the week, and if not you wouldn't get a call.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled disputes with another employee   1 Answer
    • What was one memorable customer service experience you had?   Answer Question

Sales Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

It was a hiring party that I apparently aced with my charisma and willingness to work, course the employees in charge of it were a couple of the nice people that worked there

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about myself and why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Sales Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

I was so excited to have been invited to the hiring party. I am a shy person, but I made sure to push past that as best I could that day. I wore something that was fun and made me stand out, although I've heard that in subsequent interviews candidates had to wear black and white. I went and we started off in one big group. We passed around a lump of clay and we each took turns telling something about ourselves and adding to the lump of clay. We then broke into smaller groups (3-4 people) and were introduced to a product, that we then demoed on each other. From there, we each got individually pulled aside for an interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.