Lush Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Lush Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Lush

2.3

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lush in October 2015.

Interview

I first went to a hiring party they held after hours in the store. We broke up into two groups of four and did demo's of the products on each other. One at a time the hiring manager pulled us aside and asked us our hours, and looked over our resumes.

A few days later I was called in for a second interview, in which another sales girl and I did demo's on each other, but instead of groups it was just the two of us. Later that day, I was called and offered the job!

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite LUSH product?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was offered the job and I accepted!

Other Interview Reviews for Lush

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush in October 2015.

Interview

Had a lot of fun, we basically just did demos on each other (there were 3 stages - Shower, Skin, and Hair), and basically the employee shows you how they demo products and you all take turns doing it on each other, then we each got called aside for a one on one interview with the manager. They told us that if we got the job they'd call within the week, and if not you wouldn't get a call.

Interview Questions

• In the past, how have you handled disputes with another employee   1 Answer
    • What was one memorable customer service experience you had?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lush in November 2014.

Interview

I showed up to the shop, and was given a piece of paper to fill out with maybe 5 questions, and an availability sheet. Sat down with three other girls, and was asked questions by the manager. Then we split up and were briefly taught how to demo a product, and then had to demo it ourselves. Then we had a one on one sit down with the manager, and could just walk around the stuff while waiting for the other girls to finish. Once you were done with your interview you could leave though, even if the other girls weren't done.

My suggestions to get hired would be to be *very* outgoing. As long as you can talk to random strangers, you'll be fine. Be happy and positive. More then anything though just let your personality shine through. If you're trying to fake it, it'll be obvious. You don't have to go overboard to seem fun and likeable. Also, when in the group definitely find a good balance of putting yourself out there, but not looking like you're trying to overshadow anyone else. Help make the other girls look good, since Lush looks for team players.

If you like the company for the cosmetics portion of that, let them know that, but also try to highlight the ethical side of the company as well. If you can even back it up with some of what you do (for example, I'm vegan, so I mentioned that was why I loved the ethics of the company), then you're gold. Talk about your values and how the company fits with that, so it doesn't seem you like you're just spouting off random company facts.

Also, don't worry too much about the demoing part of it. You don't need to know every product before you go there (In fact, I knew none of them, I had just heard of Lush a few weeks before when I applied). There're looking for raw talent, not refined skills. Be confident, and show that you're good at retaining some knowledge (for example, if they list 3 ingredients in the product they're demoing, try to remember at least 2). If you don't remember everything, that's okay. Don't get flustered. There will be times on the shop floor in the beginning where you may be talking about a product and you don't know any of the ingredients. They want to see that you'll remain calm, and be able to work around that.

Also, availability plays a huge key in this. If you're available three times a week you may have a harder time get hired. It's okay to not be available a day or two, and you don't have to be available all day for the days you can work, just try to make it so you can work a few days a week if they need it. Weekends are definitely a huge part of this. If you can't work Fri-Sun at all, you may not get hired, unless they're looking for someone who can specifically work during the weekdays. The weekends though are the time (my shop at least) need the most people. If you need Sundays off, or maybe Saturday, that's fine, but don't block out your whole weekend if you can avoid it.

Be confident, look prepared (but not too fakely prepared), and have fun! That's all there is too it, and then the rest it just up to what the shop needs and who else is applying.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lush in October 2013.

Interview

It was a very quick group hiring processes that started with the group learning about products ad demonstrations. We went around the store like that with the managers and then we each had a turn to demonstrate what we had just learned on an employee, and had a brief chat with the manager about what we were looking for, our experiences, and why we would be a good fit.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

I was invited for a relaxed group interview session, where we took part in several activities and answered multiple fun questions. It seemed this was to ascertain our personality rather than assess our experience. Lush has a reputation for excellent customer service, usually resulting from the genuine and passionate people they employ. This unusual method of interview was certainly a break from tradition and highlighted for me why it was an exciting and innovative place that I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• As a group, we were given some mouldable soap (called FUN) and asked to create a model that represented us. We would then present it back to the group to explain how we had interpreted our values into this creation.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lush in October 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 10 people. We were first sat down and asked what we knew about the company, I was the only one to raise my arm and speak so I think it was a huge advantage to know the story and concept of the company.
    Then we were asked to form 4 groups, each one of us took a paper with a career written down on it and we had to imagine that there was an apocalypse on hearth and we had to choose (based on the career) 1 person of the group that would be able to go to the Lush planet and explain why that person was chosen.
    Then we had to form 4 different groups with different people than before and choose 1 product so we could talk about it to everyone. They gave us 30 minutes to go online and learn about the product which is nice to people that are not familiar with it BUT it is a huge advantage if you do. I try to help the girl I was presenting with and explained to her what the product was meant to do but it was very clear on the presentation that I was more comfortable than her talking about it. So for sure choose something you've used before! Also another advice is to choose a product you can demo. For example 2 of the 4 groups chose solid shampoos, it's hard to demo it on an interview, so choose something you can interact with the people in front of you!
    Then we were given a paper to write down our avaiability and at the end we were able to choose a product to take home! It didn't have to be a bath bomb which was awesome.
    My personal advice is to read as many experiences as you can online. Even tho my interview was not like the ones I read, I was more confident and prepared for what could happen.
    Also, VOLUNTEER whenever asked! During the interview they asked for a volunteer 3 times and I was the only one to raise my hand, which I think helped me a lot

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

I handed in my CV and cover letter online and then received an invitation to the group interview. There was only about 10 people, including 4 members of staff. We were asked to answer what type of animal we are most like, while also stating our name and age. Then, we were split into groups where we were asked how we would sell a particular gift and also how would we would sell an undesirable item (mine was a broken nail). Then to conclude the interview, we were asked to work in a team with someone else and create a bath bomb/ lush product. The things they were particularly looking for is, being outgoing, jolly, approachable. To show confidence, try if they ask 'who would like to go first?' reply with I will. However, this being said all lush shops are different but generally in the interview process all Lush's look for people who have the potential to have great customer services (qualities of warmth, conscientiousness and extraversion).

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lush.

Interview

Got through the interview process and had my trial shift at Lush. They gave me great feedback in how to develop in customer service during the shift and I felt like I was improving during that brief time. However, no offer came out of it and I believe it is ultimately because of my somewhat
    introverted nature which is very unfortunate considering Lush brands themselves as very inclusive. They also asked me to demo products to customers that I've never used before despite stating clearly to them what products I was familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Make your own charity event for a cause of your choice.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lush (Wakefield, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email to meet at the store in which I was applying to. We were told to bring something special of ours to talk about. I got there and there was about thirty other people there. Mainly aged 16-20 but a couple older. We had to stand in a circle, introduce ourselves and talk about our object (mine was a green day guitar pick, I talked about my love for guitar and punk). The manager wrote notes about us. Then we had to sell a bath product in teams in front of all the other applicants and the managers/staff. This is your time to shine, I saw so many people trying to make friends at this part and letting themselves slip to the back. Look out for yourself. Use puns and humour and stand out!! Then to finish it off we had to fill in some paper work. A couple of people (I was one of them) were invited to work on the shop floor for an hour and half. This is where I failed. We were taken out every ten minutes for feedback. I was told to approach people who entered the store, which I did, then I was told I was pouncing on them. I made friendly conversation with the other applicant who was there and we were both shouted at for 'ignoring the customers'. Which is nonsense as it was about two minutes of small talk. We were then taken to the back of the store for a one to one interview.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lush (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting a CV and tailored cover letter, I was invited to a group interview session which lasted approximately 3-4 hours. During this session we were split into groups and carried out tasks such as investigating ingredients in products and their uses (using the help of the internet or the Lush Times), demoing a bath bomb in pairs, role playing a massage bar demo and active listening to a partner. The process was informal and a lot of fun, and was a great experience as these are all things you do in store and in training. At the end of the interview we were all given a little goodie bag with a bath bomb and shower gel in, which was a really sweet touch and I felt, showed how much the company valued your time and effort.

Subsequently, I was offered a trial shift in store a few days later. This again was a lot of fun! I was working in "Bathland" offering consultations and demos to customers. The shift lasted about an hour, half way through a member of staff took me aside and gave me feedback on areas that were going well and what needed to be worked on, which was a great reassurance. Everyone on the shop floor was LOVELY and very encouraging.

I got a call about a week later with a job offer, which I was very happy to accept.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lush? And why this particular store?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.