Kansas State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Kansas State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Kansas State University

2.4

Interview

There were four interviewers. They asked me 10 questions one by one. It lasted for about one hour. It was very intensive for me at that time. But I think that it was a good experience.

Student Mentor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

I was referred by a faculty member who already knew my background and was qualified for the summer position, being an incoming senior. Once I turned in my application(provided by faculty member) I received an email for an interview. This was with a faculty member I was already familiar with, so it went casually. We went through a series of situational interview questions in his office, and once all the students who applied were interviewed, we received an email on who had the summer position.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student that is doing something you are aware they are not supposed to be doing?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

Basically just asked my availability for student worker at the dining center, nothing else. It was super easy and I didn’t have any problems. The dining centers are always looking for people, so if you are a student, they will pretty much always hire you.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

It was standard behavioral questions. Went through several rounds to meet with everyone in the office. The interview also includes lunch with a staff member. The university paid for the hotel and flight.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multitasking?
      Are you used to the mid-west small town vibe?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

A screening call was followed by an online panel interview with the hiring team. I was then given some test data and was asked to work the data and present it professionally in my face-to-face interview (again a panel).

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)).

Interview

I sent an email containing my resume, cover letter, and references to HR. I was then contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was emailed to set up a time for an in-person interview and walk-through. Approximately two weeks later, I received a phone call offering me the job contingent on a clear background check. I completed the necessary documents via email. The whole process from applying to starting work took about 2 months. Although the process is now different, everything is on the internet. No need to email an HR individual with everything, just apply and upload documents on the website.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working with college students (in a non-classroom laboratory setting)?   1 Answer

Kansas State University Response

Jan. 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist Strategic Partner

Thank you for sharing your experience. You are correct, all applications with documents such as resume, cover letter, references, etc. can be submitted with the online application at http://careers.k-state.edu

Office Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I went through a 30 minute Zoom interview with a search committee, then I went through 3 hours of interviews with the search committee, the entire unit and then the person who would be my supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at K-State?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)).

Interview

Sent an email to the professor and he responded the next day. Set up a interview with in the next couple of days. I head back the day of the interview stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty much standard. For example what are your strength/ weaknesses or why would you be suitable for the job   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied through university website, filtered, and interviewed personally. Oral questions and work presentation. Job selection hiring . Presentation, panel discussion question and answering, siting for the decision for 1 month and finally got the job

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University in August 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slow. It took several weeks to hear back after applying, and the two interviews were spaced apart over two weeks. The interview was average in duration and difficulty. Staff was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.