Kansas State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 12 Oct, 2017

2.3

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

It was a video interview used for prescreening. The process worked very well. There was a panel of four people. They asked three questions and then gave time for questions from me.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you gave a presentation to encourage one way or the other.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a personal interview. Basically knowing more about myself and do I fit for the role of Graduate Research Assistant. Does interest align with the current research project.

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

3 hour long interview including - Skype Interview (3 questions), In person interview, 20min Presentation, and Tour of school.

-They invited 6 candidates to interview on campus, I personally think that is too many (4 or 5 would have been better... give your candidates at least a 20% hope of employment)
    -Were willing to pay for my expenses (after filling a W9)
    -Did not provide information on the location where I would be received, so I started off a little lost.
    -Empty feeling after interview... Like they shook my hand and kicked me back out into the cold cruel world

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy and straight to the point. I was interviewed by a panel. They were all nice and I wasn't intimidated. It lasted for about 90 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about your previous job experiences, your ability to work around students. It was easy questions if you're applying for a position that suits your skills and knowledge.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kansas State University (New York, NY (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

They were efficient, professional, and very courteous and respectful of my time. I was interviewed by the director of HR and the director that I would be reporting to its hired. It seemed like a very welcoming environment. I liked the neighborhood. The location of the organization is very accessible five public transportation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AFA?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Library Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in February-2016.

Interview

They went over my resume and asked me about different programming languages and about different experiences I had in the past. They also asked me questions about the Fibonacci sequence and asked if I could demonstrate it for them.

Interview Questions

• Can you show us the Fibonacci sequence using any language you prefer?   Answer Question

Mathematics Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in February-2016.

Interview

Very easy, mostly get to know you questions and asking about what experiences you have had. If you act normally and seem enthusiastic about working their it should all go well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kansas State University.

Interview

It was a day long process. First meet with the HR team, then the selection committee, then the VP, then a tour, then with the specific department that I would be working with

Interview Questions

• The recurring question was how well did I handle academic bullies.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in June-2015.

Interview

I wanted to work on something along with my studies. I simply talked to my professor and gave him reasons why I want to work on a project with him.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for? What are your areas of interest that you would like a project on?   Answer Question

Hazardous Waste Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kansas State University (Manhattan, KS (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

The interview that I had was a very brief and informal interview with the environmental manager, Kelly. It wasn't necessary to dress in a suit. I just met with her and another employee and they just had to make sure I was an enrolled student, passed background check, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with DOT chemical classifications?   1 Answer