Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview scheduled two weeks after application deadline. Only one round behavioral interview with an associate of the department. Offer received about 2 weeks after the interview over the phone after I followed up with Human Resources. Imperial provides a great relocation package for interns relocating outside of province.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths (top 3 strengths)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in May 2019.

Interview

It was about a 50 min interview. Started with simple interview questions. they asked about my previous experiences. Then moved on to behavior based question which needed to be answered in STAR format.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 interviews based on technical behavioral traits. Panel was very respectful and were looking for reasons to hire me and not otherwise. The interview followed the typical STAR format and response was supposed to be as clear as possible.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

On campus and behavioural, standard questions.
    I only had one interview and it was with an engineer. With Imperial Oil you don't apply to specific roles for internships, but instead apply in a general application and they would put you in a role they see fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   3 Answers
    • Which course did you enjoy the most and why   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied and was invited to an interview 1 week after the job posting closed. It was a 1 hour skype interview. I was asked about my previous work experiences. It took me 2 weeks to receive an offer after my interview.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

The overall interview experience was very good. Received a interview two weeks after applying and got to pick a time for the interview. The interviewer was an engineer so it was a much better experience than talking just to an HR person. They also made me feel very comfortable, (I was pretty nervous since it was my first interview). First he explained the hiring process and open positions then got into standard behavioral questions. In till lasted an hour.

Interview Questions

• Focused on resume aspects and asked situational questions   Answer Question

Engineering Career Hires 2020 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

1st round: Skype Interview. Mostly behavioral questions, no technical questions. They scheduled an interview after application deadline within a couple weeks. Gave an answer back 1 week after interview. 2nd round you get called for site viist.

Interview Questions

• Which course did you enjoy the most? Which did you enjoy the least?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Online application followed by one video interview. The interview was about 1 hour in length. The interviewer was very friendly and supportive. The questions were mainly focused on personality, work ethic, passions, etc . rather than technical based.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Engineering Students Across Canada Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

I had put on my application that I was available for 4 months but during the interview the lady had said I was being interviewed for a 16 month position. After rechecking my application, she realized there had been a mistake but either way i was disqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite and less favorite courses at university, and why   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

The position was contracts support. Interview was done at a room in campus. Relaxed interview. Mostly behavioural-style questions. The interviewer went through the resume first and asked question about work experience, education etc.

Power Engineer Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was easy and really friendly. I get to prove to them why I am a good candidate. They asked me couple behavioural questions but mostly questions that can be used to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite class?   1 Answer
    • What is your least favourite class?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and why are you a good fit for this position   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.