Imperial Oil Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 249 of over 249 interviews

Employee Referral4%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Imperial Oil

Application

I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

There are 3 questions and they are all behavior based, very casual style. there are 1 operator and 1 hr in the interview process. The questions were easy.

Interview Questions
  • They asked a question brag about urself(why should we hire u)
    Answer Question

Imperial Oil

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

1hour of back-to-back behavioural questions to be answered using the ‘STAR’ format. The first 5 to 10 minutes is for basic introductory questions. Last 15 minutes is allocated for questions of your own.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Imperial Oil

Application

I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

Interview was about an hour long, 50 minutes of behavior style questions. Easy-going interview, only wanted to know how my past experiences can benefit me at Imperial. Interviewer was kind and was interviewing for people that would be directly on their team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB)

Interview

Hiring process is over a weekend at a hotel. Friday is a meet-n-greet, with Saturday/Sunday being full days in the guise of a "short course" about oil sands or sequence stratigraphy. Wireline logs, seismic, presentation skills, group work are all evaluated. Throughout the short course they split you into small groups and look at fairly simple problems. Many students from the East Coast had never looked at a wireline log before, I felt bad for them. The interviewers stick around the Sunday evening and choose right there who to pick. I was called a day or two later.

Interview Questions
  • - There is no specific question(s) they ask. They want you to see how you interpret data, present your findings and considering risk/economic choices.

Imperial Oil

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in Oct 2020

Interview

It was Skype interview, and the interviewer asked many STAR questions, and they need you to give them specific examples instead of general answers. but generally, it was good and the interviewer was very nice

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Imperial Oil

Application

I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

I applied and was invited to an interview 1 week after the job posting closed. It was a 1 hour skype interview. I was asked about my previous work experiences. It took me 2 weeks to receive an offer after my interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Imperial Oil

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

The overall interview experience was very good. Received a interview two weeks after applying and got to pick a time for the interview. The interviewer was an engineer so it was a much better experience than talking just to an HR person. They also made me feel very comfortable, (I was pretty nervous since it was my first interview). First he explained the hiring process and open positions then got into standard behavioral questions. In till lasted an hour.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Imperial Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

1st round: Skype Interview. Mostly behavioral questions, no technical questions. They scheduled an interview after application deadline within a couple weeks. Gave an answer back 1 week after interview. 2nd round you get called for site viist.

Interview Questions
  • Which course did you enjoy the most? Which did you enjoy the least?

Imperial Oil

Application

I interviewed at Imperial Oil

Interview

Online application followed by one video interview. The interview was about 1 hour in length. The interviewer was very friendly and supportive. The questions were mainly focused on personality, work ethic, passions, etc . rather than technical based.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest accomplishment
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Edmonton, AB) in Sep 2020

Interview

Was contacted by a recruitment agency for the job position, got a call after 3 weeks about an interview with the company. Was a quick interview' of 5 minutes. Interviewers seemed clueless about the interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 249 Interviews