Imperial Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview scheduled two weeks after application deadline. Only one round behavioral interview with an associate of the department. Offer received about 2 weeks after the interview over the phone after I followed up with Human Resources. Imperial provides a great relocation package for interns relocating outside of province.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths (top 3 strengths)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in May 2019.

Interview

It was about a 50 min interview. Started with simple interview questions. they asked about my previous experiences. Then moved on to behavior based question which needed to be answered in STAR format.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 interviews based on technical behavioral traits. Panel was very respectful and were looking for reasons to hire me and not otherwise. The interview followed the typical STAR format and response was supposed to be as clear as possible.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

On campus and behavioural, standard questions.
    I only had one interview and it was with an engineer. With Imperial Oil you don't apply to specific roles for internships, but instead apply in a general application and they would put you in a role they see fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   3 Answers
    • Which course did you enjoy the most and why   2 Answers

Engineering Students Across Canada Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

I had put on my application that I was available for 4 months but during the interview the lady had said I was being interviewed for a 16 month position. After rechecking my application, she realized there had been a mistake but either way i was disqualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite and less favorite courses at university, and why   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

The position was contracts support. Interview was done at a room in campus. Relaxed interview. Mostly behavioural-style questions. The interviewer went through the resume first and asked question about work experience, education etc.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Imperial Oil in January 2020.

Interview

A phone call interview . First explained the job details and asked typical questions that is on the application. And went into behaviour type questions and situational type questions.

Interview Questions

• Give example of when you encounter conflict in team and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Power Engineer Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was easy and really friendly. I get to prove to them why I am a good candidate. They asked me couple behavioural questions but mostly questions that can be used to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite class?   1 Answer
    • What is your least favourite class?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and why are you a good fit for this position   1 Answer

New Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

Applied online, got email 2 weeks after to book video interview. first round of interview with an engineer. asked about conflict with a co-worker and how was your relationship after ?

Interview Questions

• about conflict with a co-worker and how was your relationship after   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil.

Interview

Behavioural interview asking about my past experiences, based on the star method. Lady was very easy to connect to and we had more of a conversation than an interview. Applied online, went through first stage but didn’t get past that for a 4 month coop position (which is unlikely to hire for).

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperial Oil (Calgary, AB).

Interview

I applied online, and received an email from the HR coordinator about 2 weeks later. The interviewer was an engineer, and asked mainly behavioral questions which I answered with the STAR format. The interviewer was polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.