Hubba Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hubba

Hubba

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hubba

Interview

Interviewed virtually. Interviewer was kind - it was a get-to-know-you type of laid back interview. Lasted for about 15 minutes. Started with greetings, followed up with questions, and ended with QnA.

Interview Questions
  • Work experiences, long term goals.
    Answer Question

Hubba

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubba

Interview

I had three interviews - one with 2 Community Managers, one with a manager-level person, and one with an executive. It seemed like a lot for the position, and the people in the Community Manager positions were pretty junior and not able to answer a lot of my questions so that part was unnecessary.

Interview Questions
  • They asked pretty basic stuff, nothing memorable. I was prepared.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

287.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Hubba~871311
Join the conversation on

Hubba

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubba

Interview

The hiring process was comprehensive and detailed. Interviews were positive and hard to gage the mood from company representatives. Despite lots of time and effort from my side, no feedback of my application was given. This is very disappointing from a company like this and particularly when the job market is highly competitive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hubba

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hubba

Interview

3 stages: Phone interview, then set up a mock meeting, research products and pitch them (twice), followed by an interview with two people outside of the hiring department. Some re flags: not interviewed by anyone from HR (i.e. there is no HR) and more than half the office was empty desks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hubba (Toronto, ON)

Interview

I applied for a development position and scheduled a phone interview. The software dev never called me on time. I had to call them and remind them about the interview. After speaking with the software dev, they said they would schedule an in-person meet with the team and they would call me back. They never called me back. Really feel sorry for them as they seem to be overburdened with more work they can handle. He also said that the company is not really profitable and they would need around 3 months to hire someone. Which was odd since they already had a job posting to hire someone. Also the the dev person I spoke with just could not stop talking about himself and about the company, which was very annoying since it sounded more like a monologue than anything else. I am really surprised that they have a 4.8 review, as I don't think they deserve this rating, I also dont think they are actively looking for candidates at this point in time. I would keep away from this company.

Interview Questions
  • Just general questions about work experience and tech stack etc...
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hubba (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2018

Interview

1. Phone interview about basic and some technical question 2. Face-to-face interview on in-depth technical question The HR and the interviewers are very friendly, the technical leads may ask technical question in very detail

Interview Questions
  • 1. The way of improving database performance on high concurrency 2. What's the difference between JS promise and callback

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Hubba (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2018

Interview

It was not too great. The recruiter mentioned that they would connect sooner rather than later. Did not hear back from them. I would have hoped to recieve some form of feedback. This was through campus recruitment. I was actually interested in their work place culture.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubba (Waterloo, ON) in Nov 2017

Interview

Applied online and got a callback from their HR in a week. Phone screening went well and the HR rep was pleasant and great to talk with. Got an email the next day for a technical test/challenge (i think 4 days to work on it). After submission, took till end of the week for them review and call me back for an interview. Don't think they had a front desk, but everyone walking by was super friendly asking if i've been helped with. Interview itself went well (in my opinion). Talked to their Marketing Lead as well as two devs (i think one was a lead). Took about an hour to chat with them discussing my train of thought for the tech challenge. Discussed some of their recent marketing strategies and campaigns. Overall, super friendly group to work / chat with. Took a few days to hear back from their HR saying that they were going to go with another candidate but she would gladly talk to me about what i could do (as an entry level developer) to help improve my skills or look for a career path in this field. In the end, didn't get the job but would definitely try applying here again as the culture TRULY does seem true to everything that's being said on the glassdoor reviews.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss your technical challenge train of thought (as a dev, there's always multiple ways to achieve the same goal).
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hubba (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2017

Interview

The first round is a phone interview. However, the HR only spent 7 minutes with me including greetings. I am so surprised that there was only one question in this interview, that was to talk about my experience. I'm wondering that this part had already shown in my CV in details, how came to ask again in a phone interview without any technical questions? It's really a waste of time. Or Hubba can give candidates a coding test to select the appropriate talents. If Hubba refuses someone only according to their previous experience, CV can show everything clearly beforehand. If Hubba thinks that their experience doesn't match the job requirements, why waste our time? This is the most ridiculous interview I've met.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hubba (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2017

Interview

Summary: HR rep, while nice, is not at all organized nor did she make me feel like my time or talent was valued. Conflicting expectations for the role confused me as a candidate. Got an email nearly 2 days after having applied. I remember being impressed by the quick turnaround time. Phone Screen: Went well. General overview of the resume and past positions and education. Was invited for an in-person interview the next day. Warning #1: I got an email the following morning from the HR rep stating that she forgot to note down the interview time, and proposed a time the following week (which didnt work for me). I reminded her of the original time later that afternoon, and she re-accepted. Stressful situation that could have easily been avoided. In-Person Interview: I was impressed by how courteous the staff were. As I was waiting, at least 4 different employees asked if I needed help. Met with CFO/COO. Great, deep chat and I could tell he was an intelligent guy, despite his probing for other job offers. Warning #2: The executive went on to describe the role as extremely operations focused, to the point where it bore no resemblance to the posting which led me to apply in the first place. This made me uneasy, as it wasn't clear to me that Hubba even knew what it was looking for. Afterwards I proceeded to an in person interview with the same HR rep from earlier. Warning #3: At one point, the HR rep was TOTALLY distracted as I answered her questions. I stopped talking, watching as she was fixated on a co-worker across the room, and proceeded to interupt me with a comment on her co-workers habits. Once again, questions were the exact same from the phone screen (yawn.), making me feel as if nothing had been noted down. Received a rejection email a few days later. When I asked for feedback, i received a nice, but generic message that didnt help me at all.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews